Kasabian

Guest chrislibertine

i see a few days ago kasabian went from rumour to strong rumour was just wondering neil what info you recieved for them to be updated to strong rumour?? cheers

were does everyone think they will play? 2nd top main headline c4 maybe? or even headline main stage?

Eeeeeeeek it's news like this that gives the V excitement butterflies... love it.

I wouldn't call Kasabian weak to headline, I would be very happy about it, but can see why some people would disagree. They can hold their own now, and are as worthy of a headline slot as the pp's mentions.

And whats with the Arctics bashing all of a sudden!!??!?! I've seen both live a couple of times and Arctics are FAAAAAAAAAAAAR superior!

What makes you think im giving the Arctics a bashing????? Im just putting my view across why i think Kasabian would pull it off headling

A good couple of points made on here in the past have been that, the Brit Awards sometimes give an indication for the major acts as do the albums with the largest sales over the previous yr. Obviously this isnt set in stone and hopefully it won't be as 2008's top 5 selling albums were Duffy, Take That, Leona Lewis, Kings of Leon and Coldplay.

Unfortunately someone mentioned on here that Coldplay are otherwise engaged the V weekend, KOL played last year and obviously Duffy isnt big enough for a headline slot (thankfully). I'm totally discounting the other two in regards to the fact that they're manufactured shite.

With no real headliners in that pile we are really left with the Brits. So we know the Pet Shop Boys have the outstanding contribution so they are a possibility. Although they're not really my bag, they are somewhat different and are much more worthy of a headline slot than most other bands out there due to their fanbase and longevity.

However, there isnt much else to pick from as stand out headliners from the rest of the nominees.. sure we have Ian Brown and Paul Weller who can easily headline any stage bar the V stage (due only to their commercial popularity), but there is no obvious choice there. I think V are going to have to pull a surprise out of the bag like they did a few years back with Morrissey and Radiohead...both are not my sort of thing but both are worthy headliners.

So looking of kilt a bit, AC/DC are touring but possibly a little too heavy for V. REM have no tour dates listed on their site so could be a possibility. And somebody has mentioned RHCP and Green Day.

I hope V dont go for the easy option of killers or KOL etc, not because I dont like them (although i don't lol) but simply for the fact that weve had them at V in recent years and it all becomes a little monotonous.

I'm holding out for the smaller bands such as Doves, Ash, Subways, JET, etc...its these that make a festival not a headliner.........

Very well said as always Mr Wookie.

The thing is that I love Kasabian and two years ago they were the highlight of the V weekend to me. And I know that if the headlined I would have a great time BUT if they Headlined I would somehow feel cheated unitll the night that they were on and then would love every second.

i see a few days ago kasabian went from rumour to strong rumour was just wondering neil what info you recieved for them to be updated to strong rumour?? cheers

were does everyone think they will play? 2nd top main headline c4 maybe? or even headline main stage?

And now they're a TBC. :lol:

I waited to answer this post cos I knew I had more info coming, and the info I now have says they're defo playing. I don't have any info on which slot tho.

Edited by eFestivals

I hope it aint oasis for the simple fact ive already seen em in liverpool not so long back and have tix for manchester in june. And the above comment about the majority of ppl who come to watch oasis is true. And the sad thing is half of those w*nkers aint there for the music...theyve never heard of Standing on the shoulders, Heathen Chem, or Dont believe... There simply there cos oasis had a lary reputation in the late 90s and they know wonderwall and dont look back...

Seen it so many times at oasis gigs and these guys are tossers in there late 30s f**king cocks...

hopefully ian brown or weller will headline one of the tents...ill be happy with that, although I am pleased kasabian will be there as ive alays wanted to see em but theyve always seemed to evade me lol.

Just another thing thats entered my head, what about the prodigy as headliners as theyve a new album out...again tho, they played last yr