Best Glastonbury Sing-A-Long ever

Guest elfimaju

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was the Levellers in 94

I now its on the first page, but it was just so great. The weather was fantastic and everybody was having a great great time. I was sat back up on the hill completely wasted and completely happy, everybody as far as the eye could see was singing and dancing.

That's when I knew how powerful the Levellers and Glastonbury could be.

Magical

Not in terms of most people but most memorable was Glenn Tilbrook in the Leftfield on Friday night in 2007, with Glenn singing and the crowd doing the backing vocals to Black Coffee In Bed-

And when Billy Bragg finishes his set on the Leftfield on Sunday night and there's a rabble rousing chorus of New England- stirring stuff!

100% Candi Staton, Jazz World Stage 08.

I'm fairly certain that every single person there was singing both Young Hearts and You've Got The Love. She also threw in Suspicious Minds which was amazing. My highlight was chatting with the lead singer of Dead Kids who was dancing next to me wearing the same gear he wore on the Queens Head stage the night before. Top lad and great band!

I think we were singing Hey Jude until abotu 3am at the Cider Bus.

"Na na na na na na na na na na naaa CIDER".

Happy daze.

Nothing brings a tingle to the spine more than 03's Karma Police. I remember Radio 1 recapping it when we were just leaving the site on Monday morning and we all sat in the car and cried our eyes out!

I saw a video (presumably from someones camera phone or something) in 2004 of people walking back to there tents, literally thousands of them just over and over again singing "naaa, naaa na na na na naaaaa, na na na naaaaa, hey jude" and even though I wasn't there, it still managed to give me goosebumps.

That was the moment I decided I HAD to one day go to Glastonbury :lol:

leonard cohen hellejuah (have no idea how its spelt) was amazing and of course kasabain LSF

The biggest one I've been involved in was Hallelujah, with Len Cohen last summer. The whole atmosphere for that was INCREDIBLE, you could have heard a pin drop. Then the first notes kicked in, and everyone knew what was coming. I was towards the front, and for one of the chorus' I turned around and the Pyramid field was FULL of arms swaying in time and people singing. Just a true Glasto moment...

It will ALL be topped by 'Born to Run' this year tho :)

The biggest one I've been involved in was Hallelujah, with Len Cohen last summer. The whole atmosphere for that was INCREDIBLE, you could have heard a pin drop. Then the first notes kicked in, and everyone knew what was coming. I was towards the front, and for one of the chorus' I turned around and the Pyramid field was FULL of arms swaying in time and people singing. Just a true Glasto moment...

It will ALL be topped by 'Born to Run' this year tho :lol:

Best sing along moment was in 98 when spiritualised played electricity on the other stage (clashed wityh pulp) most of the crowd were singing aloud and some boisterous individuals where jumping up and down. Jason pierce stops playing shakes his head does a finish that nonsense signal with his arms and proceeds to play to rapt silence for the rest of his set. great gig then after a sprint just caught common people couldn't be more different