The Cat Empire

Guest Sam.

Hey, I'm pretty sure The Cat Empire played Glasto a few years ago? If so, what were they like? I reallllly want to see them, but they never come to England for any sustained period of time, so I always miss the odd gig they do. Sadtimes.

And any chance of them playing this year? Anyone heard anything? They have a new album...

Yes i've seen them 3 times (bristol, Glastonbury and berlin) and they are AMAZING, my favourite band live. And it just happens that my friend in melbourne was hoping to meet them this morning and I asked her to ask if they're doing Glastonbury this year, so if she finds anything out I will pass it on!

Yes i've seen them 3 times (bristol, Glastonbury and berlin) and they are AMAZING, my favourite band live. And it just happens that my friend in melbourne was hoping to meet them this morning and I asked her to ask if they're doing Glastonbury this year, so if she finds anything out I will pass it on!

Okay, I've given them a listen on myspace. They sound good. Very interesting.

At first I thought they sounded a bit too jazzy for me, but they definately grew on me after a few listens.

Cheers for that, guys. I love how easy it is to find out about good bands these days.

I'm suprised by the amount of positive posts to be honest. I was basically booed off of the forum last year when I suggested that i'd love to see them play Glasto. I think they're fantastic and mixed with a bit of sunshine and some strawberry brothers would absolutly make my day.

I'm suprised by the amount of positive posts to be honest. I was basically booed off of the forum last year when I suggested that i'd love to see them play Glasto. I think they're fantastic and mixed with a bit of sunshine and some strawberry brothers would absolutly make my day.

I'd reccommend downloading an album called 'Cities,' Its the one that got me into them and it's awesome. Try not smiling or thinking of summer when you listen to it, it's nigh on impossible.

Edited by glasto_mongrel_2008

My lucky day!

I'm guessing from your profile picture of that Alf guy perhaps you are Australian, so know more about them than the rest of us?

And your right, trying to not think of Summer when you listen to them, or smiling, is impossible!

This would be awesome! Mid-afternoon on Jazz World in the sunshine. Even Glasto sunshine. Anyone who hasn't heard it

Saw these guys at Cambridge about 3 years ago when 'Two Shoes' was the new album - absolutely brilliant! They got everybody dancing then, and the average age of the Cambridge attendee is about 105!

They must be about due a tour outside Aus.

Sorry, I know it's all been said before - but I had to have my twopennorth on this one...

• 4 weeks later...