Glast fund!

Guest Joe_

Similarly to fairyinboots, for Christmas I got given a money tin that can only be opened with a can opener. All my pound and two pound coins go in there. Should hold at least a couple of hundred quid all told, so that's the spending cash for myself and my other half sorted :lol: .

Ha this is weird cos it was just last night I decided to start collecting all my change for the Glastonbury fund. I have promised myself that every time I find money lying around it goes in there... so far after tidying my room I have enough for 1 and a half pints!

I wish I had one that I could only get into with a can opener, I know that in a week I'm going to be getting that money out again :)

YES!! I have a massive catering sized coffee tub I have glued the lid onto and cut a wee coin sized hole in for such a purpose.

Glasto and T in the Park in the same pay month will be a struggle so dropping all the coinage I can muster into this.

I even fed a fiver into the wee hole when I was feeling flush last month.

A lot of pound coins going in - so hoping to get close to £200!

I'm looking at 3 months of staying in in order to save cash for my extended Glasto trip and Bearded theory. It's gonna be a struggle cause i'm one of those folks that tends to go out most nights just for the sake of it. It'll be worth it though. This month is already written off after paying for both tickets and recouperating what I spent over Christmas and New Year. Ah well, at least I don't feel as left out of the doom and gloom of the credit crunch now and it'll give me something to whinge about for a bit.

As soon as I find a job i'll start saving :P

I paid for my mates Pink tickets and travelodge on a 0% until September credit card so if needs be I can use that. Comes to just under £300.00. Then in September move it to another card with 0%.

I actually have a tin that spare change goes into so this will probably be used for Bearded Theory and Pink if there is enough!

Edited by Chocscoffer

OK maybe i pushed it a bit wid £500 but im not gonna be bringin loads with me as im goin by PT so im lookin to buy my main food and drink there. of course i wont spend all £500 but dont wanna b short. if i had a car id need £250 max. but i left myself way short at latitude and dont wanna be in that position again. havin to scrimp at a festival aint nice!