PinkPop 2009

Guest mrsrube

It says 12 o clock on the tickets, but Campsite A always opens at about 7 in the morning. Everytime I've been to Pinkpop we either got there at 530 in the morning, or the evening before and just put our tents up outside the gates

What airport are you talking about? If it's Amsterdam Schiphol, than I recommend arriving the day before, take the latest train possible from Amsterdam to Heerlen (thats a bigger town nearby) and then either get a cab to the campsite, or wait for the first train in the morning to go from Heerlen to Landgraaf and then take the shuttlebus from Landgraaf station to the campsite.

That alright?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your near london way on i think you could get a cheap ryan air flight to Eindhoven, thats closer to the festival than amsterdam, grab the train from Eindhoven too Heerlen, then change over to a tain to Landgraaf, and if your camp A you could probably walk from the train station to the campsite, rather than wait for a shuttle bus, its that close.

at the train station just ask for a pinkpop ticket, they do special rail tickets for the festival weekend, makes it easier for us overseas guys,

last year i took the ferry from hull, to Rotterdam, bus from Rotterdam to Amsterdam, train from Amsterdam to pinkpop, the train was full of english pinkpop go-ers, it was great!

if your near london way on i think you could get a cheap ryan air flight to Eindhoven, thats closer to the festival than amsterdam, grab the train from Eindhoven too Heerlen, then change over to a tain to Landgraaf, and if your camp A you could probably walk from the train station to the campsite, rather than wait for a shuttle bus, its that close.

at the train station just ask for a pinkpop ticket, they do special rail tickets for the festival weekend, makes it easier for us overseas guys,

last year i took the ferry from hull, to Rotterdam, bus from Rotterdam to Amsterdam, train from Amsterdam to pinkpop, the train was full of english pinkpop go-ers, it was great!

i don't know much about hotels as i prefer to camp, but if you try hotels.nl and search for hotels in landgraaf, and just see how far they are from Megaland (thats what the site is called where pinkpop is)

as for trains, i think they're quite regular, and from what i noticed last year was there was a few more put on to cope with the extra demand to landgraaf because of the festival.

as for you crazy kids who want to get into Camp A,

no chance ;)

unless you do actually get there at the crack of dawn, before the stewards haha!

my best advice to give you if your heading to pinkpop is if you dont like Mayonaise, you damn sure need to tell the food stalls you dont want any, otherwise they'll just assume you do and COVER your food in the stuff.

last year the beer was called Brand Larger, it was ok, pinkpop uses its own currency, i think its called Bollen, 1 euro = 1 bollen,

beer (half pint, thick head as they do over there) is 2 bollen,

you can buy 330ml cans of Brand Larger (nice and cold) in the campsites, for again, 2 bollen a can,

the food is pretty crazy and i had no idea what i was eating all weekend,

theres plenty of stalls outside the arena on the long walk from the campsites, for beer, food and general crap,

oh yeah and theres a big billboard Advertising a McDonalds just down the road, we tried walking to it, and failed lol.

and you must keep your ticket stub with you, to get into the arena you need your wirstband AND ticket stub.

Edited by padders

tickets haven't gone on sale yet, dont worry, they go on sale in March,

as for the website in english, its a bit basic at the minute, but nearer the time, it'll have an english info section, it'll be more expensive this year for us english dudes than last year because of the poor exchange rate, last year it was a right bargin!

everyone get yourselves a ticketservice.nl account at the ready, i think they'll be the guys selling the tickets.

tickets haven't gone on sale yet, dont worry, they go on sale in March,

as for the website in english, its a bit basic at the minute, but nearer the time, it'll have an english info section, it'll be more expensive this year for us english dudes than last year because of the poor exchange rate, last year it was a right bargin!

everyone get yourselves a ticketservice.nl account at the ready, i think they'll be the guys selling the tickets.

• 1 month later...

Line-up Pinkpop 2009:

Saturday

Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

Just Jack

Kings of the day

Elbow

Chris Cornell

The Killers

Bruce Springsteen

Sunday

Kyteman

White Lies

Pendulum

De Staat

Maria Mena

James Morrison

Keane

Milow

Volbeat

Madness

Placebo

Depeche Mode

Monday

Snow Patrol

Anouk

Franz Ferdinand

Amy MacDonald

Novastar

The Kooks

De Jeugd van Tegenwoordig

Shinedown

The Ting Tings

Katy Perry

Billy Talent

The Script

The All-American Rejects

In the next weeks 8 names will be added to complete this line-up.

(and there will be NO money for Prodigy, Neil Young, Limp Bizkit, Faith no more, Pearl Jam or Oasis. So you can rule them out)

Edited by Magic_K

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can get some Sunday day tickets at a reasonable price?

The ticketservice.nl site rejects my UK CC and my bank says it is not them and I know my card is just fine. And I cant get through to ticketservice to discuss it, and my emails go unanswered, and I'm not in the netherlands anytime soon to buy over the counter...

Frustrating.....

Anyone know where I can get some Sunday day tickets at a reasonable price?

The ticketservice.nl site rejects my UK CC and my bank says it is not them and I know my card is just fine. And I cant get through to ticketservice to discuss it, and my emails go unanswered, and I'm not in the netherlands anytime soon to buy over the counter...

Frustrating.....

Don't know about that, but I did find references to Belgian and German webshop on the Dutch part of the website: http://www.fnac.nl/ and http://www.bonnshop.de/. Don't know whether that would work for you though! If you don't mind paying somewhat more (than €75): I could find a few international ticket sellers through google.co.uk (> 'websites from the UK').