PinkPop 2009

Guest mrsrube

Hi

I am a Brit living in The Netherlands and have been to Lowlands for the last 3 years and am planning a 4th trip this year.

I am also considering PinkPop for 2009 and wondered if anyone had any advice on what the campsite, facilities and general atmosphere is like in comparison.

I love Lowlands and think it is far better than any UK festival I have been to and I especially enjoy the chilled out vibe.

Thanks in advance!

:lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just read the review, do the two big stages not clash at all then? If so that's a major selling point as it means you get more bang for your buck (nod bad when the pound is a joke as it is right now), plus the fact that last year's lineup was amazing and it's in holland lol. Do the headliners clash?

could anyone let me know of age restrictions if thre are any. Was thinking of going over this year but my daughter is 13. She's a festival veteran having done TITP and other smaller ones for the past 4 years but not sure about this festival and can't find any info on the website :lol:

Edited to add we would only be going for the sunday so wouldn't be camping.

Edited by saraha

just read the review, do the two big stages not clash at all then? If so that's a major selling point as it means you get more bang for your buck (nod bad when the pound is a joke as it is right now), plus the fact that last year's lineup was amazing and it's in holland lol. Do the headliners clash?

can please someone help me?

i like to go for the first time to this festival. i'm travelling by train and i like to sleep in a hotel. is that a good festival for that? are there buses to a near town? where are the nearest hotels?

last year i've been to rockwerchter and the situation there was fine with the hotel in leuven and the buses from leuven to the festival site and back.

Hi everybody,

Just to add on here about the Campsite thing: Campsite A usually opens up at about 7 in the morning.. I normally get there at about half 5 in the morning, always a good time

Anyways, I'm from Holland and been to Pinkpop the last 4 years, and can only emphasise what a brilliant festival it is.. Relaxed atmosphere, and Lineup is great as always

Also the rumours for this year are absolutely amazing - Killers, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Editors, Snow Patrol rumoured, Neil young mentioned, Madness selfconfirmed on their blog, and obviously Springsteen, Placebo, Depeche Mode and The Kooks are already officially confirmed

I live in Manchester now but I'm definitely flying over to go this year too ;)

I went to Pinkpop last year. I would suggest you turning up as early as possible in the morning if you want to stay in Camp A (which is he closest one to he festival).

Last year I arrived at 10.30 in the morning and camp A was already full and it was nearly impossible to find a spot in camp B.

We decided to go to camp C, but it was fine (20 minutes far from the festival site).

Great experience, great festival, better than Werchter in my opinion!!!!! :lol: