PinkPop 2009

Guest mrsrube

has anyone been to pinkpop? i emailed them about taking cannabis and truffles and got this response:

According to the Dutch law it’s prohibited to have drugs or to sell/buy drugs. According on the Zero Tolerance policy it’s prohibited to bring drugs on the festival. The police and organisation will search luggage on this.

Best regards,

Buro Pinkpop

maybe not the chilled out festival i would have hoped for. may just stick to one more local instead unless someone can confirm that this is all rubbish!?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's legal to carry your own personal share (5gr.) of soft drugs in the Netherlands. And normally this won't be a problem at any festival (Lowlands festival still says it's ok), but the last few years we see more and more organisers using the Zero Tolerance policy. Which actually means no soft or hard drugs at all. I'm not sure how security is at Pinkpop, but I've seen festivals where soft drugs has been taken from you at the entrance.

• 4 weeks later...

2euro a beer ok that i can deal with...

It's legal to carry your own personal share (5gr.) of soft drugs in the Netherlands. And normally this won't be a problem at any festival (Lowlands festival still says it's ok), but the last few years we see more and more organisers using the Zero Tolerance policy. Which actually means no soft or hard drugs at all. I'm not sure how security is at Pinkpop, but I've seen festivals where soft drugs has been taken from you at the entrance.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there could some issues with Depeche Mode playing at Pinkpop this weekend. They've had to cancel some shows as Dave Gahan has been ill (in hospital I think) and the organisers and band are going to make a decision this afternoon. One of the promoters went on Dutch radio station 3FM this morning to say that if they don't play then they'll be replaced by Oasis or the Prodigy (I think it was either and not both, the translation website I use was a bit vague :) ).