Open'er 2009

Guest Macaque

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the page to check train schedule http://rozklad-pkp.pl/?q=en/node/143

You want to head to "Gdynia Główna" (after typing Gdynia it should come up as 1 choice, "Główna/Główny" means central station for that particular city).

Online/on train station buying, there might be huge queues to cash desk (if it's good weather most of the people from poznan use trains to get out of the city, don't ask me why lol i've stood 30mins in the queue and waited another 2 hours for the train (good that MC is nearby hehe))

They'll probably sell beer in 0.5L cups (that's littlbe bit less then 1pint) but the price seems right it should be around 6-7PLN, in normal shop it will be about half of that :huh: A pizza at decent place is something in between 12-16PLN, a huge burgger is around 6-7PLN but on festival areas they'll probably be more pricy.

And about shuttle busses, there are normal city busses running to/from the entrance normally.

While you're still at home you might want to fill out that form they have for people camping on open'er, it's on their site (info point > camping it's there).

Edited by serch

cheers for that. I was wondering how do i buy the tickets on that website and if theres any discounts for students?

also i'm guessing pendulum arent headlining on saturday does anyone have any rumours?

thanks

and were coming from london to answer someones post above

9?! what?! it was always for 6PLN.

9PLN for a beer in Poland it's ridiculous, especially for this diluted festival one.

I will be very mad if they really made the price higher!

about the trains.. I think that the tickets you can buy online, are only for the express intercity trains, or the ones with seat reservation, so they're more expensive. On the station, you can buy simple 2nd/1st class tickets, and it's 52/79PLN from Poznań to Gdynia. There's a student's discount, but I doubt it works for abroad students.

no rumours now...

but probably none of this line-up will double at open'er: http://www.lastfm.pl/event/740088

Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction are coming to Poznań this summer for seperate gigs, and Morrissey plays in Warsaw on 7th July.

It's very rare that a band plays twice a year in Poland so we can exclude them.

As well as Calvin Harris, Groove Armada, MGMT and N.E.R.D - they play in Warsaw in September.

rummy, i've got no idea about the website (i always bought tickets on train station) from what i can see there are only InterCity (IC) and Express (EX) tickets online https://bilet.intercity.pl/.

There are also so called "Regional connections" and so called "Pospieszne" (both called in shorcut "TLK") slower then Express with more stops in between, without sits reservations.

To the discounts. 37%ONLY students under 26 yrs and ONLY for trains marked with TLK or EX in class 2.

BUT you will have to show a proof of being a student, in poland it's called "legitymacja studentcka" and im not sure how will be the abroad Student ID cards be treated by controllers.

- ISIC is honored BUT only for Polish Citizens studying abroad etc

- Euro<26 card isn't accepted by PKP

About the beer prizes it's usually 5 to 7 PLN in pubs in 3city so the price shouldn't be higher then that.

Also worth mentioning is that you can't drink beverages on the streets but i doubt they will be able to control that over the weekend lol

YES!!! get in there, 180, back of the net ermmm 147 snooker break!! Do we think there will be more announcements following this, or will this be pretty much it?

Just a friendly tip, flights with ryanair from stansted to frankfurt are amazingly cheap and flights from frankfurt to gdansk are amazingly cheap too. Just a friendly tip.... I got return for two people to frankfurt from stansted for 31 quid with 1 baggage, frankfurt to gdansk with 1 bag, two people, 118 euros. Cheap as.