Open'er 2009

Guest Macaque

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries,glad to be of help. I'm going to Glasto as well, were not gonna have much time to recover before heading off to Open'er! I really didn't wanna miss out on Open'er though, i'm pretty sure I can hack it, as long as there is red bull to keep me going ;)

Haha,It'll be intresting!! normally takes me a week to recover from ther big G.... I went around my polish friends last night trying to get the jist of polish culture, it ended with us necking shots of vodka. Good times ;)....Just hope these 29yr old bones hold out for the 2 weeks of festivaling mayhem!!!

Yeah the line ups wicked, some great bands on apart from Duffy ( just sick of hearing that song, it's been on constant loop all year!!). I'm just thinking that because it's 4 days it could do with a few more. Either way not to bothered, just wanna get there!! I 've never seen basement jaxx they are meant to put on a top show.

Can't wait to hear the new Prodigy stuff live, love the Kings of leon and arctic monkeys. White lies, fat freddys drop and placebo will be good too. Who are you looking forward to most of all?

Hey guys. Me and my mate will be taking in the Open'er Festival as part of our Eastern Europe tour. Flying to Berlin, then on to the fest, then through Krakow, Prague, Budapest, Zagreb, Plitvice, Zadar and home.

Anyway, we're planning on camping and we'll have big backpacks with us, which isnt ideal for security, not to mention filling up our tents. Any idea if there are lockers or anything like that... suggestions welcome.

Really looking forward to it already

Cheers

The Killers won't appear at Open'er for sure. They are confirmed as headliners of Coke Live Music Festival - another festival made by Alter Art and it was said that there won't be any bands playing on both events. Also, we can exclude the bands from Selector Festival, as somebody wrote before. :P

Hey guys. Me and my mate will be taking in the Open'er Festival as part of our Eastern Europe tour. Flying to Berlin, then on to the fest, then through Krakow, Prague, Budapest, Zagreb, Plitvice, Zadar and home.

Anyway, we're planning on camping and we'll have big backpacks with us, which isnt ideal for security, not to mention filling up our tents. Any idea if there are lockers or anything like that... suggestions welcome.

Really looking forward to it already

Cheers

Re-Klaudys,

I just have a few simple questions, i know they say no bringing of alcohol, you were talking about getting alcohol into the campsite, will it be alright to get it into the campsite, i understand about not getting it into the event area, but if i was to bring it into the campsite, would i get away with it!? Just 4 days of Heineken, i'd say by the 3rd it'll be tiring, haha!

And another, once you have the wristband, can you come and go as you like to/from the festival, for example, to the town and the beach!?

And, i'm fly in late on the Weds evening, maybe after 11, will i be able to enter the campsite from this time, or will i have to wait until the morning!?

Probably the usual questions, but i'd just really like to be able to know about alcohol etc.

Hope you or someone can help me out! :D

Can't wait for this!! What a line-up and for such a great price!!

I hear that the free festival shuttle buses from Gdynia train station don't start running until the 2nd July. I'm arriving late on the 1st at around 10pm. It seems there are trains from Gdansk to Gdynia but does anyone know about getting to the festival site from Gdynia at that time?

For anybody looking for cheap flights they're free with Ryanair from Frankfurt (Hahn) to Gdansk so all you're paying is taxes n all that, so about EUR 34 for a return.

I'm just not quite looking forward to the overnight stay in Hahn on the way home... it's in the middle of nowhere!! :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
Can't wait for this!! What a line-up and for such a great price!!

I hear that the free festival shuttle buses from Gdynia train station don't start running until the 2nd July. I'm arriving late on the 1st at around 10pm. It seems there are trains from Gdansk to Gdynia but does anyone know about getting to the festival site from Gdynia at that time?

For anybody looking for cheap flights they're free with Ryanair from Frankfurt (Hahn) to Gdansk so all you're paying is taxes n all that, so about EUR 34 for a return.

I'm just not quite looking forward to the overnight stay in Hahn on the way home... it's in the middle of nowhere!! ;)

Edited by Madalien

Just booked tickets and flights/transfers from glasgow

we are flying in early morning on the 2nd. will be at the festival untill the morning of the 6th. and then spending the 6th and 7th in Gdansk. sleeping in a hostel, and flying back on the 8th. probably spend a day in the city and day at the beach.

Total price for festival tickets, flights, trains/buses and hostel is about 220 quid. f**king epic for a week in poland.

Can anyone advise on the price of booze and food? ive heard things like litre of vodka for £4 and big pizzas at £3..?

hope to see you all there. ;)

hi,

my friends and i are looking at going but it looks like were going to have to fly to poznan. can anyone tell me how much a train ticket is from poznan to gdynia and if it costs the same to buy the ticket at the station as it does online?

cheers

Hi, my friends and I are flying into Bydgoszcz, which is about 3 hours train journey from Gdynia, I've been told the train is about £7.00 single! I shouldn't think it would be much more from Poznan. Where are you flying from?

Just booked tickets and flights/transfers from glasgow

we are flying in early morning on the 2nd. will be at the festival untill the morning of the 6th. and then spending the 6th and 7th in Gdansk. sleeping in a hostel, and flying back on the 8th. probably spend a day in the city and day at the beach.

Total price for festival tickets, flights, trains/buses and hostel is about 220 quid. f**king epic for a week in poland.

Can anyone advise on the price of booze and food? ive heard things like litre of vodka for £4 and big pizzas at £3..?

hope to see you all there. :P

Edited by Madalien