Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

Oooh ta.

So...

Daleks - check

River Song - check

Sexy vampires - check

Stone Angels - check

and lots of other new characters/baddies/foes to look forward to.

Cant wait til April!!!

Sticking with the last episode though...loved the Star Wars references (the Hespbora ship's laser turrets not too dissimilar to a certain Millenium Falcon - both in the way Wilf entered and then proceeded to shoot away Luke Skywalker stylee!) but could it be also said that Captain Jack wasnt on Tatooine but something more similar to the Restaurant at the End of the Universe? :P Or is just that me wishful thinking? :P

If you can watch the Confidential, make sure you do. You may need more kleenex though if you are blubbing girl like me! :P

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicey left open for a return in the future..even David T said so in the Confidential! Noone 'died' in that moment did they?...I take it the timelock got locked again...but even that wasnt confirmed. The fact that there appears to be Daleks in the new series is a hint right?

He'll be back in about 2 or 3 series time judging by the way the arcs are written.

So exactly what happened to the master?

Went back through the void along with the Timelords - he knew he was their link to escape the war, so the only way to stop them was to push them back. I thought it was well done.

I've watched it again since, and I think the one thing that I wasn't too happy with was how little screen time the Timelords got. They deserved a bit more IMHO.

And the ending was excellent. I don't think it went on too long, and there were loads there for the geeks like me. The story ended with Wilf being set free by the Doctor. The episode would get a 7 out of 10, the ending a 9.

The last 20 minutes or so were DT and RTD saying goodbye, and giving Steven Moffatt a fresh slate. I really liked it.

If you compare that to Rose back in 2005, it shows how far the show has come, and as a massive fan all my life, I'm well chuffed that it's back and it's so popular. Down in no small part to RTD, Tennant and of course Christopher Ecclestone.

But I am looking forward to series 5 in Spring.

Also a massive (closet) Who geek. Just rewatching "Doomsday" on Sky109. Now thats a geeky episode! It has action/humour/plot/character - 4 things that were lacking in the End of Time eps.

I enjoyed that finale. If you want a REAL series finale, watch The Caves of Androzani from 1984. Absolutely amazing - a 4 parter which saw Peter Davison regenerate at the climax. Definitely my favourite regeneration story, and in my top 5 Dr Who stories ever.

I watched it again about a year ago (I have a TON of classic stories on VHS) and even now, the drama is still as intense, even if some of the effects are very dated.

Thought it was a good episode and a great way of finishing off things but i did feal alittle underwhelmed by it all.

Very,VERY disappointed at the lack of screen time for the Timelords and i hope that their appearance will herald a further visit from them in Moffats time to do them justice as for a new fan like me i thought their appearance would be a huge event and i wasn't satisfied with this.

I thought the ending after Wilfred ''killed'' him was very self-indulgent but then if anyone deserves it for their contribution it's Tennant & RTD so fair do's.

So...Matt Smith and the new trailer!

Was it me or did anyone notice a new Tardis?

The vibe seemed quite retro in appearance for some of thier enemies/sets.

The new assistant looked very hot as opposed to pictures i've seen of her.

Staying on the subject of regeneration...

having now watched lots of supporting progs showing previous regenerations that have been on Three these past couple of weeks I have to say/think that the morphing of DT into Matt Smith didnt seem as smooth as previous effects shots.

I know this is just pedantry but his face/head just more or less appeared over DT's rather than the hair getting longer. They managed it with Chris into David and especially Yana into the Master so why be lazy this time?

I have watched it back a few times and its not as impressive as it could have been. But LOVING the new avatar Mr Wolf! :P

Pedant moment over :P

So...Matt Smith and the new trailer!

Was it me or did anyone notice a new Tardis?

The vibe seemed quite retro in appearance for some of thier enemies/sets.

The new assistant looked very hot as opposed to pictures i've seen of her.

New TARDIS interior is most definitely in the next series. Seeing as DT's regeneration kind of blew the one we've seen for the last 5 years all to smithereens...a nod by RTD to start afresh for Moffat.

Where were you when there was the knee stroking session when the boys here were learing over pics of the new assistant? :P She's hot. Oh yes. From the pics she comes across a bit pre-pubescent but I am sure that wont hold anyone back will it? :P:P

New TARDIS interior is most definitely in the next series. Seeing as DT's regeneration kind of blew the one we've seen for the last 5 years all to smithereens...a nod by RTD to start afresh for Moffat.

Where were you when there was the knee stroking session when the boys here were learing over pics of the new assistant? :P She's hot. Oh yes. From the pics she comes across a bit pre-pubescent but I am sure that wont hold anyone back will it? :P:P

Somewhat like the new Dr then :P

I was under the impression that a new exterior was about to happen for the TARDIS,it is meant to be a 1960's style phone box i was led to believe.It is visable in the trailor and i presumed that this was the new TARDIS.

The TARDIS is after all meant to be able to change shape it's only due to some part breaking that it has remained as a 1920's (?) police box.

I was around during the pic posting of the new assistant but i think she looks hotter in the trailor then any of the photos pinned here that i have seen.

I was under the impression that a new exterior was about to happen for the TARDIS,it is meant to be a 1960's style phone box i was led to believe.It is visable in the trailor and i presumed that this was the new TARDIS.

The TARDIS is after all meant to be able to change shape it's only due to some part breaking that it has remained as a 1920's (?) police box.

I was around during the pic posting of the new assistant but i think she looks hotter in the trailor then any of the photos pinned here that i have seen.

No - they're designing a new interior. It won't have been the first time either - they changed it briefly in the mid 70's, but it looked silly so they changed it back. It went from this:

Tardis1984.JPG

To this:

Tardis1976.JPG

Which is just silly. No wonder Sarah left.

The reason the Tardis is a police box is because it landed in 1960's London and tried to blend in, as Tardi (see what I did there?) do. It hasn't changed because the thing that changes the shape of a Tardis - the chameleon circuit - is broken, so it's stuck.

I presume the interior changes because the Doctor likes a bit of DIY.

The reason the Tardis is a police box is because it landed in 1960's London and tried to blend in, as Tardi (see what I did there?) do. It hasn't changed because the thing that changes the shape of a Tardis - the chameleon circuit - is broken, so it's stuck.

Mostly stuck. :P

And if Tardis was a group three noun, the plural I think would be Tardes. Which would be just silly.

Mostly stuck. :P

And if Tardis was a group three noun, the plural I think would be Tardes. Which would be just silly.

Happy New Year to you, sir.

What did you think of The End of Time?

Happy New Year to you, sir.

What did you think of The End of Time?

Happy New Year, indeed.

I enjoyed the first part more than the second part. I thought the Timelords were woefully underused. I was befuddled by the "mother" character. I was bemused by the Lord President being called Rasillon at one point. I thought he'd done the goodbye bit properly at the end of the last proper series so why he had to do it again I really don't know.

Other than that it was brilliant.

Happy New Year, indeed.

I enjoyed the first part more than the second part. I thought the Timelords were woefully underused. I was befuddled by the "mother" character. I was bemused by the Lord President being called Rasillon at one point. I thought he'd done the goodbye bit properly at the end of the last proper series so why he had to do it again I really don't know.

Other than that it was brilliant.

Yup, can't disagree with any of that (especially how the Timelords were underused), except I preferred the 2nd part. Regeneration, innit?

I wonder if Moffatt will bring 'The Woman' (as she is credited) back into it? She was extremely mysterious.

I wonder if Moffatt will bring 'The Woman' (as she is credited) back into it? She was extremely mysterious.

People are saying that she's his mother. I thought the Doctor's mother was human? I know he's meant to be half-human. Although she could have been his mother, and that could have been Rassillon (sp), which would explain a great number of things (Thinking Silver Nemesis era McCoy "subterfuge" here).

Simm was f**king brilliant. A masterly performance, if you like. Demented when he needed to be, cool as ice at other times.

Edited by sifimaster

People are saying that she's his mother. I thought the Doctor's mother was human? I know he's meant to be half-human. Although she could have been his mother, and that could have been Rassillon (sp), which would explain a great number of things (Thinking Silver Nemesis era McCoy "subterfuge" here).

People I think it could be:

His mother (the most likely)

Romana

Susan

Flavia

Best story for the next series? She IS Romana after all, she regenerates into Polly Walker and becomes a permanent companion.

Simm was f**king brilliant. A masterly performance, if you like. Demented when he needed to be, cool as ice at other times.

Yup - but I didn't like his Voldemort-like resurrection, force lightning or Neo-esque leaping about. He didn't need to do it - he's evil enough. Awesome acting though.

Best story for the next series? She IS Romana after all, she regenerates into Polly Walker and becomes a permanent companion.

That my friend is a stroke of genius.

Cailtin Moran's review of Doctor Who from yesterday's Times here :

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6973532.ece

Favourite bit from that article : "John Simm’s turn as the Doctor’s nemesis was so fabulously demented it seemed churlish not to let him take over the world."

Skill.

I had no problem with the resurrection. It was no worse than the rubbishy snake thing in the American McGann thing. And the less said about the statue (Melcior?) on Trakken, the better frankly.

So guys

As I missed an aweful lot of the original Dr Who, especially some of the important Timewar episodes, what would you suggest I download obtain. Which Dr and what stories?

Thanks

Do you mean classic 'Who' between 1963 and 1989 or the new series?

The 'Time War' was an idea Russell T Davies came up with when the show returned to explain why the Doctor is alone in the universe. But the Time War has never featured in an episode. So far. The nearest we came to seeing it was the past 2 episodes. It's merely been hinted at.

The Time Lords featured quite a bit back in the day - The Doctor was even President of the Time Lords at one point. And they also put him on trial. Twice.