Dr Who revealed

tinygreendragon

No perving for me :lol: I had my fingers crossed for Paterson Joseph :D

Maybe this one will only stay for one series and they can give me someone hot to perv over next time :)

I reckon he'll have signed a contract for at LEAST 2 seasons, probably more like 3. I think what happened with Ecclestone taught the producers a lesson.

Very excited about the new series - and we've still 4 specials to look forward to before all that!! Woo hoo!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: that was my second thought after the elephant man

I hope he blows everyone away after the wave of pretty shallow remarks about his appearance. I think he looks the part, I'd like to seem him play it pretty dark. I always thought Chris Morris would be an excellent dark comic Doctor. They've hinted at it with Tennant but they still kept him all apples and pears and frothy camp for the most part, I hope that's where his evolution takes him.

I hope he blows everyone away after the wave of pretty shallow remarks about his appearance. I think he looks the part, I'd like to seem him play it pretty dark. I always thought Chris Morris would be an excellent dark comic Doctor. They've hinted at it with Tennant but they still kept him all apples and pears and frothy camp for the most part, I hope that's where his evolution takes him.

Won't happen. See Atlanteanlost's post as to why.

Won't happen. See Atlanteanlost's post as to why.

Yeah I know. It has to be kept Daily Mail friendly, sadly. Which means idiot-friendly.

Doctor Who has so much locked potential. But it is just locked. Something that works with such broad science fiction should be allowed the freedom to breathe. Shame, really, as it often doesn't, we always see glimpses of it but it always ends up fellating middle England in the main.

Maybe it's just that kids are dumber nowadays having rotted their brains playing computer games, unlike the kids of the past who could follow a storyline from one week to the next and could actually wait for the regeneration episode to be aired now they have to keep up the hype because they have such a short attention span

Maybe it's just that kids are dumber nowadays having rotted their brains playing computer games, unlike the kids of the past who could follow a storyline from one week to the next and could actually wait for the regeneration episode to be aired now they have to keep up the hype because they have such a short attention span

Don't be like that. Kids are only "dumber" (a questionable assumption at best) because the generations above them have failled them, yet ironically deem themselves as the people who "know whats best" for them. That doesn't let the makers of Dr Who, who are certainly not children, at least not physically, last time I checked, off the hook. It's funded by the bloody TV license, it should be experimenting a little bit more to be honest. All of these decisions concerning the output of the BBC are made by adults, not children. If this were an American show fighting for survival on the very childishly competitive mainstream networks in the States then I may understand why they make it so insulting to the intelligence sometimes. But it's a license funded project. All it comes down to is if more adults accepted more responsibility then maybe da kidz wouldn't be so thick. Lead by example and all that. But then it's not surprising just how wonderfully idiotic fully grown adults have been as of late, what with the credit crunch and failling stock market and all that, you really can't blame kids for being total f*ckups when you take a look at the irrational, gullible, generations above them giving them their valuable parental advice on life. And this extends to the BBC, something that really should be above such nonsense.

You gotta be shitting me??????

He looks about 10, oh I forgot that's the audience level now isn't it!

Just watched the vid on the BBC website

DR WHO IS NOW A f**kING EMO PMSL

What's wrong with that? Looks may be deceiving. Why write him off at such an early stage? Have you read any of the new scripts? Have you seen this guy in the role yet?

Also isn't there going to be a new writer on all these post-Tennant episodes?

Wouldn't it be better to just wait and see?

Edited by Purple Monkey

Don't be like that. Kids are only "dumber" (a questionable assumption at best) because the generations above them have failled them, yet ironically deem themselves as the people who "know whats best" for them. That doesn't let the makers of Dr Who, who are certainly not children, at least not physically, last time I checked, off the hook. It's funded by the bloody TV license, it should be experimenting a little bit more to be honest. All of these decisions concerning the output of the BBC are made by adults, not children. If this were an American show fighting for survival on the very childishly competitive mainstream networks in the States then I may understand why they make it so insulting to the intelligence sometimes. But it's a license funded project. All it comes down to is if more adults accepted more responsibility then maybe da kidz wouldn't be so thick. Lead by example and all that. But then it's not surprising just how wonderfully idiotic fully grown adults have been as of late, what with the credit crunch and failling stock market and all that, you really can't blame kids for being total f*ckups when you take a look at the irrational, gullible, generations above them giving them their valuable parental advice on life. And this extends to the BBC, something that really should be above such nonsense.

What's wrong with that? Looks may be deceiving. Why write him off at such an early stage? Have you read any of the new scripts? Have you seen this guy in the role yet?

Also isn't there going to be a new writer on all these post-Tennant episodes?

Wouldn't it be better to just wait and see?

I should really have made my point a little clearer PM I wasn't blaming kids rather the preception by tv of what they can cope with. It's the dumbing down (god I hate that phrase) of the show because it is seen as family entertainment that I was talking about. having re read my post I can see how you wouldn't have got that but I was still laughing about nic cage thing :lol:

I predict even more use of the sonic screwdriver.

I predict the literacy/concept level to be pitched even lower at 14 year olds.

I predict people with no depth of imagination to love it.

I predict the continued death throws of UK scifi.

Don't worry atlantean will cheer up when BSG starts :D

I reckon kids would take whatever you threw at them just as long as it scared them shitless and engaged their brain. It's the adults that own them that turn around and say "thats too scary" and "thats not acceptable for kids!".

Parents, schools and some catholic priests are what f*ck kids up every time.

Generally speaking, I reckon kids would love a scarier, darker, funnier, wittier, smarter, less camp Doctor Who. Kids love that shit because they're still learning the rules. The parents however, would take some convincing, as they're generally defeated by the rules, being all insecure and outragey.

Tabloids are also lined up to take pot shots at any BBC show that dares push any boundaries. Even looking at a boundary could result in one complaint being made which could again spark a chain reaction of stupidly biblical proportions. This is, if anything, probably where the dumbing down will be motivated from - from outright Nazi-style fear of putting a single daring foot out of place. The BBC is treading on eggshells after recent events - we'll have to just see how this affects their shows this year.

Edited by Purple Monkey

I should really have made my point a little clearer PM I wasn't blaming kids rather the preception by tv of what they can cope with. It's the dumbing down (god I hate that phrase) of the show because it is seen as family entertainment that I was talking about. having re read my post I can see how you wouldn't have got that but I was still laughing about nic cage thing :D

Ah cool I gets ya.

Oh look, a news report on now about a child killing his mum over disagrreeing about household chores. Forget what I said, f*ck the kids. :lol:

I reckon kids would take whatever you threw at them just as long as it scared them shitless and engaged their brain. It's the adults that own them that turn around and say "thats too scary" and "thats not acceptable for kids!".

Parents, schools and some catholic priests are what f*ck kids up every time.

Generally speaking, I reckon kids would love a scarier, darker, funnier, wittier, smarter, less camp Doctor Who. Kids love that shit because they're still learning the rules. The parents however, would take some convincing, as they're generally defeated by the rules, being all insecure and outragey.

Tabloids are also lined up to take pot shots at any BBC show that dares push any boundaries. Even looking at a boundary could result in one complaint being made which could again spark a chain reaction of stupidly biblical proportions. This is, if anything, probably where the dumbing down will be motivated from - from outright Nazi-style fear of putting a single daring foot out of place. The BBC is treading on eggshells after recent events - we'll have to just see how this affects their shows this year.

My little boy is 4 and I was a bit concerned about letting him watch Dr Who cause it can be scary at times but he likes it and if he gets scared we deal with it.