THE KILLERS

Guest danny12345

Thing is, there isn't. There's loads of bands that could headline, it just seems that UK festivals are that unimaginative there seems to be 8 bands that headline everything....just mix things up a bit for f**ks sake, I want a festival headliner to be an act I wouldn't normally get a chance of seeing, something special, not someone like the Killers, Kaisers or Arctics who if I wanted to could've seen a dozen times over the last 3 years at various Academy's, Apollo's or Arena's around the country.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil Young, Springsteen, Macca, White Stripes, REM, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, The Who, The Police, The Rolling Stones & Prince to name a few off the top of my head...fair enough REM did a few last year but until then they hadn't done much for a while. It seems like The Chili's, The Foos, Kaisers, Killers, Arctics et al have had the monopoly on the UK festival circuit for ages, Jay-Z got so much publicity & it paid off, massively.

Knowing what a smart businessman he is I wouldn't be surprised if Jay-Z didn't approach the rest of the UK festivals straight after Glastonbury & throw his name in the ring for 2009 with Beyonce playing below him, he's back in the summer for the shows with Coldplay.

Edited by theramm

Neil Young, Springsteen, Macca, White Stripes, REM, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, The Who, The Police, The Rolling Stones & Prince to name a few off the top of my head...fair enough REM did a few last year but until then they hadn't done much for a while. It seems like The Chili's, The Foos, Kaisers, Killers, Arctics et al have had the monopoly on the UK festival circuit for ages, Jay-Z got so much publicity & it paid off, massively.

Knowing what a smart businessman he is I wouldn't be surprised if Jay-Z didn't approach the rest of the UK festivals straight after Glastonbury & throw his name in the ring for 2009 with Beyonce playing below him, he's back in the summer for the shows with Coldplay.

See we all like to mension all these legendary bands, the truth being vs intention is to shift the tickets, and fast. look at The Killers o2 gigs sold out almost instantly, while look at Bob Dylan who im not sure has even sold out yet...

Coldplays wembley stadium gig, if was being sold at a box office would of had people climbing over each other to get a ticket, where as R.e.ms twickenham gig you would of been able to stroll in and pick one up with no fuss at all.

No one wants to see the legends nowadays, its just a much safer option for v..whos intention is to make a profit, while at glastonbury it isnt so important.

I think the term 'No one wants to see the legends nowadays' isn't really true, ACDC's ticket sales & The Police's last tour seem to do alright. I completely understand that V are in for the money, shit, look round the festival compared to the others..they'll milk every penny out of you. I also believe that people don't go to festivals just for the headliner, Morrissey headlined when they could've put on someone who was hot at the time. The Killers are very popular right now, they've just released an album & their ticket sales reflect their broad appeal. I still believe a festival headliner should be something special, IMO the headliner should have a decent catalogue of songs to choose from, not just play both their albums. I reckon you'd remember Mick Jagger singing jumping jack in 20 years, or Prince playing Purple Haze over the bit when Ricky Wilson went 'whooooaaaaaaaaaaaa'.

I reckon you'd remember Mick Jagger singing jumping jack in 20 years, or Prince playing Purple Haze over the bit when Ricky Wilson went 'whooooaaaaaaaaaaaa'.

I think the term 'No one wants to see the legends nowadays' isn't really true, ACDC's ticket sales & The Police's last tour seem to do alright. I completely understand that V are in for the money, shit, look round the festival compared to the others..they'll milk every penny out of you. I also believe that people don't go to festivals just for the headliner, Morrissey headlined when they could've put on someone who was hot at the time. The Killers are very popular right now, they've just released an album & their ticket sales reflect their broad appeal. I still believe a festival headliner should be something special, IMO the headliner should have a decent catalogue of songs to choose from, not just play both their albums. I reckon you'd remember Mick Jagger singing jumping jack in 20 years, or Prince playing Purple Haze over the bit when Ricky Wilson went 'whooooaaaaaaaaaaaa'.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Thats just it with the Killers their first album had so many anthems, every album after it will never be as good, some bands can do it and maintain the standard with every release others can't

I have only seen them twice first was Reading 05 - first album only and it was great, 2nd was at V07 and it was a watered down set because of the 2nd album

If they headline this year I dunno how the set would sound, and if there was someone else who I was 50/50 with, Id opt for them over the Killers I think

Mind you I haven't listened to the new aklbum yet but Ive heard the two singles and I don't like them, Human is f**king awful, but its sold extremely well, so some people must like it

for the record, I think the killers new album was absolutly brilliant. If you go through the album and look at the drifferent styles they attempted, pop, dance, white funk, rock, african chants, rock ballads etc. I love hot fuss and thought sams town and sawdust were both far better than most people gave credit for.

for the record, I think the killers new album was absolutly brilliant. If you go through the album and look at the drifferent styles they attempted, pop, dance, white funk, rock, african chants, rock ballads etc. I love hot fuss and thought sams town and sawdust were both far better than most people gave credit for.
Edited by Miss_Chi-Chi