Sziget 2009

Guest guitarbaz

The train station is at the bottom of the hill - get off train, walk out of the station and up the hill, the entry gates to the festival are at the top. Usually you just follow the crowd!

The festie hasn't sold out and not everyone camps there, so you shouldn't have too much bother finding somewhere to put your tent, can't say whether you'll find any shade or not though. You could always just use the tent for storage and sleep outside at night instead.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tripped over a football ;):P:P

Ive thought about giving it a go - especially as i have all my flights booked and we was goin straight on to the frequency festival in austria from Sziget. But i just dont think it will work on crutches - especially carrying all the camping equipment and camping itself.

it really is a race for fitness as its still 4 weeks away! I did it last week so i dont think its going to happen!

so if anyone wants a sziget ticket

if you're all potted up i don't think you'll be allowed to travel. just have to hope the cast is off by then.

me mate broke his foot in 2 places at IOW in 2006 (fell off a table!) and we were due to go to Benicassim as well that year, he got the pot off just in time and had this removeable cast to take with him so he got over there ok.

i'll keep me fingers crossed for ya :lol:

Figured it was going that way after all the lack of money talk. However Id rather see them have a couple of weak days lineup wise than take out money from any of the other things that I've heard go on in the festival. A couple of days settling in time without having to worry about gigs can be nice. See Glastonbury for example.

I'm just gutted for you, Random. It's a real shame that you will miss out this year and I wish you all the best for a good recovery.

Cactus, I'm not so bothered about the Day Zero stuff either but I wish they'd swapped the days around and put that on Day -Zero instead. I really want to see Tankscapda but as our flight doesn't land until 5pm, it will be a real rush to get to the mainstage by 8.30pm!

not so good! I'm in hospital as I type about to go for an operation (have pins put in)

also means it will all run into September so I now miss bestival too!

Hey Everyone! So excited for Sziget!!! Can't believe I've only one full working week left - Yeow! There's 5 of us Irish going - we're staying in an apartment on Kiraly Utca quite near Terez korut... I'm hearing this is a good area with plenty of cafes, restaurants etc. Two of our group arrive early Tues morn and the rest of us don't get in til 8pm Tues night so think we'll just settle for some fun times in the city rather than tryin to get to Day Zero... plus from the sound of what people have said on here we could have difficulty returning home as the trains don't run through the night...

We're all Sziget virgins hehe so we are MEGA excited! We were at Benicassim last year which was so amazing and we were in mourning when we couldn't make it this yr... so we chose Sziget instead. (After hearing of the high winds at Beni this year we're glad we didn't go now!)

Beni is such an easy going, small fest - I imagine Sziget (being 10 times bigger!) is much more Crrraazy! But I am a huge fan of European fests as the crowd seems to be really friendly, considerate and you get to meet lots of nationalities! :-)

I had a peek at a 15 day weather forecast for Budapest and it would seem temperatures are soaring at the minute being plus 30°C! Gonna have to pack plenty of suncream :-)

In terms of footwear I'm thinking sandals and some trainers? Would this be appropriate footwear?

Anyways ahhhhh can't wait to go! If anyone has any tips on good places to eat/drink/party in Budapest please feel free to share! :-)

Bonanza

Hey Bonanza

Sziget can be crazy but it has a chilled out vibe, depends where you go and Sziget is a very friendly festival, you will meet so many people.

It will be hot so you will need plenty of suncream, I think sandals and trainers is pretty much what you need on your feet, something you are comfortable in, my feet were knackered after last year!

Enjoy Sziget!

Hey, hope the operation went well, I had pins and plates put in my leg, they will help, with me it meant I didn't have to have the cast on for long, 2 weeks. So you may be able to go to Bestival yet.

What bones did you break?

I broke my Tibia and Fibular, the first few weeks are tough but you will be on your feet before you know it.

All the best.

My friends, who live in the Tisza plains area, recorded temps of over 50 degrees in their garden yesterday. Hopefully Sziget will be a bit cooler than that!

I checked in online for my flights today too, I am so excited now!! This time next week I will have dropped the cats off at the moggery and I'll be heading to sunny Manchester to catch a plane.

Oh my! one week left - I've a hectic one too, lots of work to get done! But it shall defo be worth it!

Can i just check - is it wise to even wear sandals at the fest - even if it's sunny can it be muddy? In other words is it better to wear trainers/ankle boots so your feet are covered?

Also, at night time does it get cooler? should you bring a cardi?

Sorry if I sound stuuupid :lol: - we're stayin in an apartment so want to make sure we are well equipped once we're in the festival grounds!

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :D

P.S. We arrive late Tues night so not gonna bother with Day Zero - can anyone recommend good late night bars/clubs in the city? We're staying in Kiraly Utca near the Oktogon Metro.

Bonanza*

Edited by Bonanza*

Not going myself this year - in fact it's been a while - but to everyone who's going next week: have fun! :lol:

And see you next year.. I'll be doing the Sziget-Lowlands double! :D (seven days Sziget, fly home Weds, shower/wash/sleep, queue for Lowlands Thurs)