Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

Alright guys...this is my first ever time at a festival, actually it's my first time camping anywhere, so Benicassim seems like it'll be a bit of a shock to the system!

All over the internet people are complaining about how difficult it is to camp in the intense heat, i'm a regular to spain but would it be better to stick with a hostel or hotel?

Also, any rumours of more bands? I heard a few- libertines, daft punk, prodigy, bon iver, MGMT (some a little tiny bit more farfetched than others obviously...)

i'm so jealous of everyone's cheap flights, i live in Belfast so we booked with Aer Lingus. was NOT happy with 200 quid!

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to see Snow Patrol loads of times yearsss back before they got 'really' big, they were good musicians but they completely flopped performance-wise, they had absolutely no charisma on stage! but apparently that's changed now, though i havent seen them in ages. didn't know kasabian were supporting oasis..they wouldn't be bad, by that stage may well be too intoxicated to care about on-stage charisma as i will just want something i can DANCE to!

I'd love to see 2manydjs again, I love all the surprises in their sets, I get really over excited and happy about the randomness, to the point that I probably look a bit simple.....I love them!

Stanton Warriors would be coooooooool!!

Kasabian aren't big enough to headline my garden. :D

DJ Hell has a new album out so I reckon he'll be there, Apparat and Modeselektor are doing some stuff together so maybe they'll be there. 2ManyDjs are starting a tour in June so maybe they'll be there. I'd like to see Etienne de Crecy, Rex the Dog, Mr Oizo, Erol Alkan, Richie Hawtin, Ellen Allien, Anja Schneider, Lindstrom, Alex Smoke, Erol Alkan, Thomas Bangalter, James Lavelle, Aphex Twin, Ricardo Villalobos, Stanton Warriors, Ivan Smagghe...any of those would be cool.

Erol Alkan would be frigging terrific... Andy C/Caspa/Roni Size/Scratch Perverts or someone along those lines would be nice, do they usually have 'those sort' of DJs or is it usually more electroey live act sorta people... by the time I hit the dance tents last time I was pretty out of it!

I very much doubt that kol have cancelled. Last year the Futureheads had to pull out and an announcement was up on the official site within a few days.

Anyway I really can't wait, it's my third time at Beni, it's the best few weeks of the whole year in my opinion! I'm hoping for some summery indie pop like los campesinos, vampire weekend etc for the fib club stage. the go! team two years ago were such a highlight!

Erol Alkan would be frigging terrific... Andy C/Caspa/Roni Size/Scratch Perverts or someone along those lines would be nice, do they usually have 'those sort' of DJs or is it usually more electroey live act sorta people... by the time I hit the dance tents last time I was pretty out of it!

erol alkan played last year so doubt he would be there again this year unfortunately. daft punk would be amazing if those many rumours are true. i agree, don't think there will be much chance of any d'n'b as the dj's are usually electro types, looking forward to boyz noize though!

erol alkan played last year so doubt he would be there again this year unfortunately. daft punk would be amazing if those many rumours are true. i agree, don't think there will be much chance of any d'n'b as the dj's are usually electro types, looking forward to boyz noize though!