Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

New additions to the FIB Heineken 09 line-up

The Psychedelic Furs will perform on the Green Stage on Sunday, July 19. The Butler brothers and their band, one of the most important and influential in the late post-punk 70s, have confirmed for FIB Heineken 09. Along with them, White Lies, Friendly Fires, The Bishops and Boys Noize are among the newest additions to the line-up of the fifteenth edition of Festival, for which more than 20,000 tickets have already been sold.

With an unmistakable sound all their own, The Psychedelic Furs have given us some of the most exciting and history-making music in the past thirty years. Songs like “Love My Way”, “Heaven”, “Ghost in You”, “Imitation of Christ”, “Sister Europe”, “Heartbreak Beat” and “Pretty in Pink” all bear the unequivocal signature of Richard Butler’s one-of-a-kind voice.

White Lies have just released “To Lose My Life” (2009). This London-based band has a kind of post-punk sound that seems somewhat inspired by Joy Division and The Teardrop Explodes, and they boldly explore sentimental territory where introspection is never at odds with the hard-driving rhythm of songs like “Death”, To Lose My Life”, “Farewell to the Fairground” and “Unfinished Business”.

Friendly Fires have recently released their self-titled debut album – “Friendly Fires” (2008) – which has placed them on the cutting edge of bands bold enough to mix styles without prejudice. The eleven songs of this album feature danceable gems like “Paris”, “White Diamond” and “Jump in the Pool”.

From London come The Bishops, a three-piece band known for the immediate impact their songs make. Along the lines of 70s mod bands like The Jam and The Lambrettas, they seem even more influenced by the best of The Hollies and the first years of The Kinks.

Boys Noize is one of the hottest producers and DJs of the moment. His remixes for Depeche Mode, Bloc Party and Kaiser Chiefs – as well as his “Oi Oi Oi” (Last Gang, 2007) – thrill crowds in clubs around the world.

from fiberfib.com

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys First Time heading to Benicassim. thinking of staying in Oropesa with ######.

I know its kind of been asked before but I was looking for any information people can give me regarding

the private busses from Oropesa to Benicassim how long do they take ?do they actually go on time etc ?

Info on ######? I know I read somewhere on the forum that some1 had a bad experience with them

Thanks

I know there are prob lots of topics which have the info i'm asking but couldn't find the answers. Even started my own topic but realised I didn't put on beni in the subject so i doubt I will get replies!

There are 4 of us travelling to Barcelona on the monday then getting train to benicassim. Would people recommend us booking tickets in advance and also how far is it from the train stration to the camp site? Also are there any coaches or buses from barcelona instead of using the train?

Read somewhere that if you have your wrist band for the festival you can use the water park for free is that true? if not does anyone know how much it will be?

Been to English festivals before and know what the toilets/showers are like are they much better at beni?

Sorry again if these have been answered elsewhere, I must of missed them.

hey guys.

1st time post on this forum and second time going to benicassim- loving the loook of the line-up already this year!!!

just wondering if anyone had any idea about parking. Living in Spain weve decided to drive up this year we will be arriving on the 14th, first thing at bonet and probably wont use the car until we go back home!! does the campsites or the festival have parking or should we just find a space in the street for 9 days??

thanks

hey guys.

1st time post on this forum and second time going to benicassim- loving the loook of the line-up already this year!!!

just wondering if anyone had any idea about parking. Living in Spain weve decided to drive up this year we will be arriving on the 14th, first thing at bonet and probably wont use the car until we go back home!! does the campsites or the festival have parking or should we just find a space in the street for 9 days??

thanks

Finally got tickets booked :ph34r: - Flying from Newcastle to Valencia via majorca on the Monday (13th) flying back on Tuesday (21st) It'll be my first time there and was wondering what are our options are in getting to benicassim from the airport and also how much?

Also did anyone visit the waterpark last year just wondered how much the entry fee is or do you get in free with you wrist band (something I've read) <_<

Finally got tickets booked :ph34r: - Flying from Newcastle to Valencia via majorca on the Monday (13th) flying back on Tuesday (21st) It'll be my first time there and was wondering what are our options are in getting to benicassim from the airport and also how much?

Also did anyone visit the waterpark last year just wondered how much the entry fee is or do you get in free with you wrist band (something I've read) <_<

Valencia via Majorca ?! Surely it's all about flying to Barcelona from Newcastle on the Monday morning on the 9:10 flight !?! :) That's my plan anyway!

As for the water park, i remember having to pay (can't confirm the rumour of free entry i'm afraid but if anyone knows otherwise that'd be good!) but not how much it was as i was last there in '07

Alright guys...this is my first ever time at a festival, actually it's my first time camping anywhere, so Benicassim seems like it'll be a bit of a shock to the system!

All over the internet people are complaining about how difficult it is to camp in the intense heat, i'm a regular to spain but would it be better to stick with a hostel or hotel?

Also, any rumours of more bands? I heard a few- libertines, daft punk, prodigy, bon iver, MGMT (some a little tiny bit more farfetched than others obviously...)

i'm so jealous of everyone's cheap flights, i live in Belfast so we booked with Aer Lingus. was NOT happy with 200 quid!

Alright guys...this is my first ever time at a festival, actually it's my first time camping anywhere, so Benicassim seems like it'll be a bit of a shock to the system!

All over the internet people are complaining about how difficult it is to camp in the intense heat, i'm a regular to spain but would it be better to stick with a hostel or hotel?

Also, any rumours of more bands? I heard a few- libertines, daft punk, prodigy, bon iver, MGMT (some a little tiny bit more farfetched than others obviously...)

i'm so jealous of everyone's cheap flights, i live in Belfast so we booked with Aer Lingus. was NOT happy with 200 quid!

Wow! 200 bucks is a bit steep! And quite a mission for you, I bet it'll be worth every penny though!!

One thing, if you do decide to get a hotel, book asap as they're selling really quickly and not very cheap now......x