Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

Quickie question!

where can you book train tickets from with me being from UK... needing travel from Valencia airport to Beni on the sunday and comin back the monday after the festies just finished.... :lol:

also how ridiculous is it trying to get a train monday mornin out of Beni to Valencia? is it likely even with a ticket there will be crowds and crowds of people cramming on?

Cheers, Ollie :P

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quickie question!

where can you book train tickets from with me being from UK... needing travel from Valencia airport to Beni on the sunday and comin back the monday after the festies just finished.... :)

also how ridiculous is it trying to get a train monday mornin out of Beni to Valencia? is it likely even with a ticket there will be crowds and crowds of people cramming on?

Cheers, Ollie :)

Hey, first post on here, iv been used to going to T in the Park last 2 years which has been a blast but this just looks like an experience thats needs to be undertaken, am i right ?

couple of points i would really appreciate being cleared up as im a bit new to this foreign festival'ing.

1) whats the best campsite to go for, why ? how quick do they fill up?

2) when you get to the country and get to the festival, are the campsites close to each other ? how do you know where to go ?

3) can anyone suggest the best way for me to get from scotland preferably to the festival.. looked at edinburgh to girona as its probably the cheapest without having to england.. how the hell do you get to benicassim from girona however ? iv seen so far that theres buses from reus and barcelona but no real news on girona.

cheers for any help possible, anyone else travelling from the glasgow area, get in touch !!

x

1) I went last year and we camped in CampFib. It is the one next to the arena but bit further from the town and beach (20 mins to town, 30 to beach I think). Being near the arena was really good, just relax before going in without having a big walk. I'm sure other people will have good stories about Benicamp also. We arrived on the Tuesday.

2) When you get into Benicassim, there are info points and booths about the place. I arrived by train last year and there was info booth at train station and signs to the campsites (although we took a detour through the town by mistake haha. Sore lesson.)

3) I'm from Glasgow but was meeting a friend in London so went via Stansted to Valencia. I was looking at direct routes from Scotland to nearby airports but it's pretty slim pickings! I was in Barcelona a few weeks ago and flew into Girona. The bus takes an hour to get to Barcelona and from there you can get the train straight to Benicassim. Alternatively there is this company HERE but the days are a bit rubbish!!

thanks alot stephanie, helps !

one more thing, as alot of the flights times are a bit shit from scotland, what would it be like trying to set up camp at like midnight on the monday ? i can remember some horror stories from people at t in the park attempting it but that was due to the fact it was pissin it down and freezing, is it well lit ?

Hi everyone..this year will be the first time in benicassim for me and other 4/5 guys..we were plannig to stay in oropesa. we would like to rent an apartment from www.danespfib.com but we can't find any opinion about this agency, if there really are shuttle buses to and from the festival, if the apartments are ok, if this agency really has a shuttle bus service from and to valencia airport..did anyone used their services in the last few years..?!? i would relly appreciate any sort of advice you can give me!!

Can't help on question above, sorry. Got another question though...

Do 18 year olds get I.D'd at the bar? I'm 21 when I get there, but still get I.d'd everywhere, except festivals, and wondered if they are strict there or not?

So, we're flying into barcelona at 10am on the tuesday morning.

What is the best way for us to get to CampFIB? Went to valencia last year, so not sure what's best from barca.

Any links for train sites or tranfers much appreciated! My googling isn't coming up with too much info.

Like Gobes i would like to know whats the best way to get to either Camps at Benicassim please. Also which camp is better to pitch your tent up i know Benicamp is like 20 mins away but its closer to the beach isnt it. Also one last thing does anyone know any good hotels in Barcelona that are kinda cheap as were thinking of going down a few days before the festival to just go round Barcelona. Ta!

For beer the Spanish don't give a shit about ID, technically, it's 16+, but when we were in the Lidl a couple of years ago a young girl (can't have been older than 10) brort a 6 pack (as part of a family shop it looked like) and no one raised an eyelid (well, all the English ppl in the shop did)... Spirits the age is 18, and they're probably about as tight as they are in the UK on them, maybe sliiigggghtly laxer...

Well I just got a message on facebook asking me to check out DJ Bizarre!, 'cos he's playing Benicassim, so I guess thats an announcement of sorts! The message came from Mean Fiddler, organizers of Benicassim, so obviously legit. So I tried checking his last.fm page as advised and it said they had nothing by him. Badtimes.