Benicassim 2009

Guest stubbs

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just replying to the post about traveling from Girona to benicassim.I made this journey in 2006.We chose to get a coach from girona to barcelona and then get a train from barca to benicassim.Big mistake.sweating it out on a bus with no air con for two hours was not my idea of fun.Having not booked our train tickets we then had a 8 hour wait to get on a train only to get into camp bonet for about 1am tuesday morning....ball ache. Was an amazing festival only to be marred by siestas and missed trains and planes on the way back.My advice for anyone thinking of going this year is to fly into either reus as i found girona a bit too far away from benicassim.Ive got my tickets and flights booked already. Just only hope they would announce some bands worth seeing.Its hardly expiring is it.I could sit at home at listen to Radio 1 all afternoon and get more enjoyment.

Want to see

LCD Soundsystem

Sonic Youth

!!!

Yeah Yeah Yeah's

Black Angels

Clinic

Exit Calm

Devendra Banhart

Come On fiberfib sort it

Peace

hey, anyone know what the deal is with getting euros and money, for example i dont want to be taking over all my euros and having to take them about with me all day, is there somewhere to cash travellers cheques nearby or anything like that ?

also, is there security boxes for passports,plane tickets etc, and how much are they ? cheers !

btw, anyone with any idea how much train tickets cost from barcelona to madrid would be much appreciated, cheeeeers !

x

hey, anyone know what the deal is with getting euros and money, for example i dont want to be taking over all my euros and having to take them about with me all day, is there somewhere to cash travellers cheques nearby or anything like that ?

also, is there security boxes for passports,plane tickets etc, and how much are they ? cheers !

btw, anyone with any idea how much train tickets cost from barcelona to madrid would be much appreciated, cheeeeers !

x

Yeah there are a few banks/ATMs in the town, but I wouldn't rely on them... they get very very very busy... if you don't wanna take to much cash, I'd suggest paying for as much as possible on card... i.e. in Cafes n Supermarkets n whatever, then only use your cash for stuff that you have to!

Also, top tip for the ATMs, Spanish keyboards are backwards (well, compared to England), so take care while entering your PIN, I saw many people (myself included) just whack in their PIN without looking then get confused/angry when it said 'incorrect' :P

1st Time going to Beni (Took the plunge after forgetting to pay for my glasto ticket!)

I had planned on staying in a hotel up the coast in Alcoceber. Its the nearest affordable hotel I can find (21 miles away).

Does anyone know if trains run from alcala de chivert to benicassim daily? Or the likely price of a taxi to and from there to the fest? I'll even consider buses etc but I cant make head nor tail of any of the spanish websites!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

1st Time going to Beni (Took the plunge after forgetting to pay for my glasto ticket!)

I had planned on staying in a hotel up the coast in Alcoceber. Its the nearest affordable hotel I can find (21 miles away).

Does anyone know if trains run from alcala de chivert to benicassim daily? Or the likely price of a taxi to and from there to the fest? I'll even consider buses etc but I cant make head nor tail of any of the spanish websites!

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

I would never put money in the storage areas. The festival probably doesn't take that much responsibility for your belongings, and tickets/passports are probably of very little use to the people working there. But everyone can make use of money. If someone working there steals it, what will you do? How can you prove it was there? How can you prove who took it?

We looked at staying in Alcoceber and we were going to use a hire car to get to and from the festival site because I was told that the trains don't stop at the nearest station, which is 5kms away anyway.

We managed to find a hotel for £260 each for 7 nights in Orpesa/Marina D'Or, which is much nearer - let me know if you want details........