silent disco

Guest shooting star

Think its such a fab thing, it deserves its own topic.

Anyone been to something like that before?

What fun to play with the channels.

Yes, songs repetitive,( like a prev poster stated ) repetetively brill, doesn matter really, does it?

Never been to anything like it before, absolutely fab.

shooting Star :lol:

]

I fully agree --how novel. We had great fun --wheeled our boagey in with The Lar asleep and danced away!

Tell yer what I did too --- I would take my ear goggles off right-- then shout at the top of my voice another song --like NOT playing eg -- I shouted -- "Roxanne, you dont have to wear that dress tonight!" etc etc --and beacuse people could hear a little of me-- you could see them trying to search thje channels for it... we had a laught with that.

It does come down to the choice of tracks mind.... and for me--the selections were great... the atmosphere was fantastic wasnt it ---i dont thbik you could repeat that in a town do you?

Will look out for Silent Disco at every fest now.

den

OMG !!!

Silent Disco was the best thing about the weekend.

Them Dutch DJs were hilarious, I laughed so hard I nearly wet my tights.

:lol:

Joyous, liberating, euphoric, hilarious, It was just the BEST !!!!

I am suffering some extreme withdrawal symptoms tonight.

Just sublime....... :lol:

Felt so good that it should probably be made illegal.

]

I fully agree --how novel. We had great fun --wheeled our boagey in with The Lar asleep and danced away!

Tell yer what I did too --- I would take my ear goggles off right-- then shout at the top of my voice another song --like NOT playing eg -- I shouted -- "Roxanne, you dont have to wear that dress tonight!" etc etc --and beacuse people could hear a little of me-- you could see them trying to search thje channels for it... we had a laught with that.

It does come down to the choice of tracks mind.... and for me--the selections were great... the atmosphere was fantastic wasnt it ---i dont thbik you could repeat that in a town do you?

Will look out for Silent Disco at every fest now.

den

Was me who mentioned about the repetetiveness of it by Sunday night. Don't get me wrong, I thought the guys were good, funny and played good music to dance to (Locomotion was a bit of a highlight for me on the Saturday night *blush*) but I don't want to dance to the same music 3 nights in a row. Maybe they could consider getting other DJs, different styles of music or just something a bit different to hold the interest a bit more after the first night.

All that aside, I've always managed to miss it at other festivals I've been to and I'm glad that I have finally discovered the joy of it. The crowd were lovely and it was great to remove the headphones and listen to everyone all singing along to the big choons.

I think the main problem is that it really is the only late night option, so it's either that or go to bed; which I wasn't quite ready to do so ended up in there for a bit on Saturday & Sunday, before getting bored & wandering round the campsite meeting lots of lovely new people.

Edited by Dr Seuss

Silent disco was great. The DJ's are a bit cheesy, but do a great job given the mixed audience.

Given the noise restrictions, there's no other option. They tried a proper disco last year but had to turn it down so far it became a joke. Bring back the silent disco next year I say!

We were way over in family/quiet camping and very jealous hearing the Silent Disco crowd singing along to Born to be WIld and other tunes. Next time we are going to arrange to go in one night per couple and the others can babysit in the campsite. Will try to get along to the Silent Disco at Glasto where we will not have kids with us to worry about.

We were way over in family/quiet camping and very jealous hearing the Silent Disco crowd singing along to Born to be WIld and other tunes. Next time we are going to arrange to go in one night per couple and the others can babysit in the campsite. Will try to get along to the Silent Disco at Glasto where we will not have kids with us to worry about.

Think its such a fab thing, it deserves its own topic.

Anyone been to something like that before?

What fun to play with the channels.

Yes, songs repetitive,( like a prev poster stated ) repetetively brill, doesn matter really, does it?

Never been to anything like it before, absolutely fab.

shooting Star :D

I loved it.

Never danced in my life, but went berserk for it there. My 7 year old was embarrased by me which was good. I was jumping around then lying on my back doing a sort of quivering thing which will really not catch on. Also danced with my newly bought posh camping chair. (27 quid}

Den - we have the same philosophy, our older kids (12/10/9) ran free at Wychwood and had a ball, and some of our friends probably think we are mad taking 4 kids to all these events - 3 last year, 3 planned this year), but the kids absolutely love them (even the 4 year old). Unfortunately between us and the family we were with, 2 of the 6 kids were asleep on the rugs at the end of the headliners so we headed back to the campsite to let them go to bed. I suspect that if there is a Silent Disco at BD's we will take the kids who are still awake in to sample it, I think they will love it. Also agree it gets you chatting to people. Spotted MTF as were driving off site, far too grumpy after packing up the tent to say hello - sorry!!! Cheers, NS