The Great Glasto Best Trolley Thread...

Guest LusciousLucy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gah well ive been around about four B&Qs now and scoured every corner, asked every staff member and looked some more but to no avail. they had some blue ones with tiny wheels - useless!

went with the focus one for £19.99, didnt measure car for it but it only just bloody fits! payload of 150kg been wheeling my friend around his uneven/broken brick back garden today - great stuff and he is 75kg!

incidentally whats the payload on the B&Q trucks, 150kg i imagine?

Ok, so having now bought two red trucks, I've now been struck by the thought, where the bloody hell am i going to put them when we get there? ;)

I assume you've all got tent big enough to keep them in then? Two of those is going to take up a fair wack of our living space.

Edited by goldstar

Ok, so having now bought two red trucks, I've now been struck by the thought, where the bloody hell am i going to put them when we get there? :P

I assume you've all got tent big enough to keep them in then? Two of those is going to take up a fair wack of our living space.

looking at a few of these pics, i think i may ahve a better idea for loading sack trucks...

what about buying a few of these...

SS07200-9091TPS128780.jpg

loading all your gear into them, stacking them on the sack truck and away you go. you should, in theory be able to carry much more this way. what do you think?

obviously you will still have to chuck your tent on top, but it wil work ok for sleping bags, food/cool bags, any utensils, bbq's etc

went back to the large warehouse B&Q today to buy another of those £12.98 sack trucks, they've still got a fair few left.

now got two sack trucks for use in my group! so even more stuff we can take, time to search out a gazebo...

WHAT are the chances of being able to get hold of a plastic sledge in the middle of May? Should I advertise in my local rag perhaps as a Wanted item?

There are 2 on ebay as Buy It Now...reasonable enough prices too. No toy store would have any in stock would they this time of year?

Edited by k1pper

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this - the best and truly professional way is cling film

If you can't find any industrial stuff - (could try buying a roll from anyone who uses it..and plenty do) then a couple of large rolls of domestic stuff would do .......one for th einward journey and one for rhe return

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooooohoooooo!

Am now the proud owner of a £12.98 red, pneumatic tyred bad boy sack trolley from B&Q and I didnt even lift a finger!

Mikey found 20 at the B&Q near Solihulll...I had trekked at least 3 B&Qs in my local area (East Sussex) to only be met with very rude staff saying they had none, didnt know what I was talking about or just said they were sold out in a sec!

SO those trolleys ARE still out there just only at certain stores. I would recommend anyone to ring in advance and if they do have em in...ask for one to kept aside.

:);):lol:

Wooooooohoooooo!

Am now the proud owner of a £12.98 red, pneumatic tyred bad boy sack trolley from B&Q and I didnt even lift a finger!

Mikey found 20 at the B&Q near Solihulll...I had trekked at least 3 B&Qs in my local area (East Sussex) to only be met with very rude staff saying they had none, didnt know what I was talking about or just said they were sold out in a sec!

SO those trolleys ARE still out there just only at certain stores. I would recommend anyone to ring in advance and if they do have em in...ask for one to kept aside.

;):lol::P

Don't all laugh at once and I don't know if this idea has been mentioned before BUT I've found one of those old persons shopping trolleys that was gonna be chucked out and I'm thinking of using that.

It has big wheels and seems to be sturdy, after all it must be built to carry loads of tins of stuff, has anyone ever used one of these or seen one being used or am I just going to be laughed at.

What does everyone think?

Don't all laugh at once and I don't know if this idea has been mentioned before BUT I've found one of those old persons shopping trolleys that was gonna be chucked out and I'm thinking of using that.

It has big wheels and seems to be sturdy, after all it must be built to carry loads of tins of stuff, has anyone ever used one of these or seen one being used or am I just going to be laughed at.

What does everyone think?