SeeTickets Coaches - Trolley Space

EP91

First year at Glastonbury... and I managed to get Coach tickets from Manchester! I saw that See tickets said no Trolleys because of space, appreciate if everybody did then there would be no space, but this was going to be my way of lugging everything around... opinions? Do Trolleys get rejected/left behind? Is it worth risking? 

Also, does anybody know what time the coaches left from Manchester on the Wednesday last year? :)

Proably depends on the size of the trolley plus the rest of the stuff you're taking. Does it fold up? Can you take the wheels off? I've never seen one refused but I've only ever seen one person turn up with one. At the end of the day, it's up to the driver. How bothered would you be if you had to leave it behind? 

Time wise..

I've seen someone refused a trolley on National Express, but fortunately this was from London where despite the half hour departure times timetabled the reality was they were leaving constantly. The owner of said trolley was just reassured and led off to find space on the next coach. 

This isn't necessarily going to be case with See coaches. 

See Coaches were quite good about it. But its best not to be a dick about it. I and others sacrificed taking a trolley ensure we kept to the rules and space was there for everyone and we weren't the biggest fan of the one guy who brought a ton of stuff rammed in a trolley...the driver let him store it, but it was a tight fit.

I've taken a trolley on Seecoaches BUT it is a folding trolley, we remove the wheels, put it in an blue IKEA bag with booze around it, tie a knot in it and place it with the two rucksacks and tent bag we have! 

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.asp

If you're talking about leaving the trolley at the festival, please take it home with you - you can reuse it for other festivals, camping trips, moving houses etc. 

43 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I've taken a trolley on Seecoaches BUT it is a folding trolley, we remove the wheels, put it in an blue IKEA bag with booze around it, tie a knot in it and place it with the two rucksacks and tent bag we have! 

http://camping.efestivals.co.uk/off-roader-heavy-duty-festival-trolley-1035-p.asp

If you're talking about leaving the trolley at the festival, please take it home with you - you can reuse it for other festivals, camping trips, moving houses etc. 

Thank you, will look into this! No No I meant if I had to leave it off the coach in Manchester, defo not leaving at Glasto :) x

20 minutes ago, EP91 said:

Thank you, will look into this! No No I meant if I had to leave it off the coach in Manchester, defo not leaving at Glasto :) x

Got you - went a bit  on the defensive with the leaving stuff at Glastonbury then! 

We take a small spanner to make sure the wheels are on fully when we get off the coach, plus the nuts, bolts and washers in a small food bag and take that on the coach so they don't get lost. 

I have seen people with sack trolleys before like these: https://www.esedirect.co.uk/s-20-sack-trucks-barrows.aspx?infinity=gaw~Sack Trucks~Generic - Exact~121622142961~sacks trolley~e&Source=Google&Medium=cpc&Campaign=Sack_Trucks&Adgroup=Generic_Exact&gclid=CJyTkZqI0M8CFQYo0wodEj4LNw and then wrap cling film around and pop it on the coach. Often coach drivers don't seem to bothered but it's more the people who have to throw their items in the aisle of the coach that seem a bit more annoyed. I've only ever caught SEEcoaches rather than NX ones though. 

2 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Got you - went a bit  on the defensive with the leaving stuff at Glastonbury then! 

We take a small spanner to make sure the wheels are on fully when we get off the coach, plus the nuts, bolts and washers in a small food bag and take that on the coach so they don't get lost. 

I have seen people with sack trolleys before like these: https://www.esedirect.co.uk/s-20-sack-trucks-barrows.aspx?infinity=gaw~Sack Trucks~Generic - Exact~121622142961~sacks trolley~e&Source=Google&Medium=cpc&Campaign=Sack_Trucks&Adgroup=Generic_Exact&gclid=CJyTkZqI0M8CFQYo0wodEj4LNw and then wrap cling film around and pop it on the coach. Often coach drivers don't seem to bothered but it's more the people who have to throw their items in the aisle of the coach that seem a bit more annoyed. I've only ever caught SEEcoaches rather than NX ones though. 

Thank you!! helpful and will investigate closer to the time. You don't happen to go from Manchester do you? I know they say time wise could be AM/PM, just wanted to see what the times were like last year x

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, Gnomicide said:

Proably depends on the size of the trolley plus the rest of the stuff you're taking. Does it fold up? Can you take the wheels off? I've never seen one refused but I've only ever seen one person turn up with one. At the end of the day, it's up to the driver. How bothered would you be if you had to leave it behind? 

Time wise..

Ah thanks! Just seen this, hoping for the earlier of course!!x