Water proofing jeans?

iVince

I'm completely baffled as to why anyone would consider taking jeans to a music festival. Quite simply totally impractical

A good pair of walking trousers, perhaps with zip offs so they convert to shorts easily would be perfect. At 24 it was what I was wearing (I think). Unless we have monsoon conditions I don't think waterproof over trousers are necessary as walking trousers (for girls as well) are perfect as dry very very quickly.

Look after them and they could last you ten years or more and numerous other festivals. 

One of the good things about going to festivals now is how easy it is to get good, not very expensive outdoor clothing. It makes such a difference to have the right kit to keep you dry/cool/warm depending on the conditions

When I first started going 20 years ago you only really had a couple of expensive camping shops to go to or army surplus stores, now you can go online or on the high street and get good quality stuff really easily

Have a pair of light weight walking trousers with lots of pockets and waterproof trousers, plus a lightweight waterproof but breathable jacket. Served me very well and kept me dry even in some wet days. 

6 hours ago, phil the shrew said:

When I first started going 20 years ago you only really had a couple of expensive camping shops to go to or army surplus stores

You make it seem that my previous approach, when I sometimes wore the same pair of jeans with holes in for 5 days, was somehow unsophisticated.

Bizarrely there were some more recent years where people had bought me lovely trousers with zip off bits at the bottoms, but they sometimes seemed a bit too nice for sitting on dirty grass smeared in old food and beer.