Reading first timer, some questions

TheRhysJohn

Me & my friends have decided we're gonna go this summer but none of us have been to a festival before so we have a few questions. The main one is do we have to leave Sunday night or can we leave on the Monday morning? How big are the lockers? Also I'm pretty sure its included but do you have to pay an extra fee for bringing your own tent? Cheers guys, any other tips for first timers would also be appreciated.

Edited by TheRhysJohn

JSmurphy nailed it to be honest, but just for clarification: You can leave Monday morning (everyone does since Sunday is usually a big one). Lockers I'd say are not worth getting keep your phone and wallet on you or dont bring them, I've never used a locker after my first time, rip off. And bringing a tent is free haha :) If you lose if like I did, at my first time at the festival they have some on sale there.

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM, JackTheReadingGoer said:

My friend got robbed for all his money, and did that to make money for food...

Clearly I wasn't including people like you're friend their, it's pretty shitty what happened to you're mate and of course if his mates couldn't help him out then he'd do anything he could first food. Equally I understand the reason for the system the vast amount of waste at any festival is a joke, I always kept my cup with me until the next drink or I found a bin. Maybe a refundable charge of a pound for every cup would cut down some of the litter.

and be sure to take your ID with you as it will be asked at the bars and at the supermarket - trust me if you look under 30 they will ask for ID 

A passport
An EU photocard driving licence
A proof of age card bearing a PASS hologram
A Ministry of Defence identity card
A National Identity card issued by an EU member state.