Open'er 16

pete76

Od piątku do piątku. Od weekendu do weekendu. Zaczynamy ostatni tydzień ogłoszeń Open'era. Pierwszy rzut artystów: Mac Miller, Savages, mura masa, Nothing But Thieves, RYSY, Terrific Sunday, Nagrobki, Shy Albatross i SONAR zagrają w Gdyni!

From Friday to Friday. From weekend to weekend. Let's begin the last week of Open'er announcements: Mac Miller, Savages, Mura Masa, Nothing But Thieves, Rysy, Terrific Sunday, Nagrobki, Shy Albatross and Sonar will play in Gdynia!

The whole lineup should be out in separate announcements throughout next week, finishing on Friday. Next one on Monday.

Edited by fightoffyour

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, 

I've booked tickets to Open'er this year and just after some advice! Was leaning towards staying in a hostel, however being female I'm a bit hesitant to share a room with random guys haha. And it would seem that there are absolutely no hostels that have female only rooms. So my only option at this stage is to get a single room, but that leaves me by myself and not able to really meet anyone! Does anyone have any suggestions on a good place to stay where I can hang out with other festival goers? I looked at camping there but I'm travelling from Australia so can't really bring a tent with me and not sure if anywhere rents them. 

Also any tips in general for the festival! And even travel tips for Poland if anyone has been before :) 

Cheers :)

If I were you I would try and find a way to get a tent, even a cheap single one to buy once you arrive maybe? If you are going alone the best way to meet people is to be in the campsite and you will certainly make friends. My friends and I are travelling as a group of girls from the uk but have booked luggage space to fit our tent. If not, I think hostels would be fine and I'm sure you could find someone female in a mixed room. Good luck finding a place to stay x 

Thanks! My main issue with camping would be that I wouldn't really be able to see much of Poland. If I'm at the festival the entire time I'm there, I won't really experience the culture or visit anywhere other than the actual festival. Unless busses run frequently to and from Gdansk? I would have thought most of the busses during the day would be going towards the festival, not away from it. All the websites are in Polish so I can't understand any of it haha. 

I'm not sure that travelling to and from Gdansk to the festival every day is the best idea if you can help it, since it would take longer than it normally would with festival traffic. I'm only speaking from what I've heard though, someone else may have a better idea or experience of this.

Gdansk, Gydnia and Sopot is the triangle of 3 cities in the north of Poland that are popular to visit. It may be worth trying to see them before or after the festival if you can.

13 hours ago, Siahn said:

Thanks! My main issue with camping would be that I wouldn't really be able to see much of Poland. If I'm at the festival the entire time I'm there, I won't really experience the culture or visit anywhere other than the actual festival. Unless busses run frequently to and from Gdansk? I would have thought most of the busses during the day would be going towards the festival, not away from it. All the websites are in Polish so I can't understand any of it haha. 

Hiya! If you can sacrifice one day of festival, you can spend the whole day in Warsaw for example. Domestic flights are dead cheap. You can have return flight from Gdańsk to Warsaw for 4 pounds, which for you i think it will be 7 AUS dollars. As far as last headliner is concerned, i reckon it might be Ellie Goulding or Pharrell. Try skyscanner.net if you interested in cheap flights not only in Poland, but all over the Europe.

Edited by pete76

2 hours ago, Hannahdavison said:

It does look a lot of fun tbh. Do you have any predictions on who else could be announced? By the look of other European festivals new order could be likely? And kendrick Lamar cancelled his show last year? Also Jamie XX maybe? 

According to this link/photo There's a possibility of Two Door Cinema Club, Santigold, Future, Iggy Pop, Skepta, Pixies, James Bay... Jamie xx only can do it on Wednesday, New Order are gonna be somewhere else during Open'er. Kendrick cancelled his show last year, but came back later to play festival in Krakow, tbh... I wouldn't expect him to be bck so soon.

image.jpg

15 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm not sure that travelling to and from Gdansk to the festival every day is the best idea if you can help it, since it would take longer than it normally would with festival traffic. I'm only speaking from what I've heard though, someone else may have a better idea or experience of this.

Gdansk, Gydnia and Sopot is the triangle of 3 cities in the north of Poland that are popular to visit. It may be worth trying to see them before or after the festival if you can.

From what I've researched, trains run from Gdansk to Gdynia and then the festival have free shuttle busses from the Gdynia train station to the festival. I'm assuming traffic won't affect train speeds haha. From what I've seen, Gdansk looks so much nicer than any other surrounding city so that's the major draw for me. And also the fact that a lot of accommodation closer to the fesival is sold out by now. I've tried and failed to find anywhere that hires camping equipment nearby. And not very keen on purchasing my own. I think a bit more research is in order :)

Dziś dziewięć nowych polskich nazw w line-upie Open’era: Maria Peszek, xxanaxx, Rasmentalism, JÓGA, Baasch, Heroes Get Remembered, Spoken Love, Olivier Heim i Suumoo.

Polish addition. Nine more names in our line-up: Maria Peszek, xxanaxx, Rasmentalism, JÓGA, Baasch, Heroes Get Remembered, Spoken Love, Olivier Heim and Suumoo.

Post on the Facebook page:

"Dear Festivalgoers! We’ve been planning to close the festival line-up last Friday. The key element was supposed to be a Saturday headliner. Unfortunately, the situation has changed last minute and we were not able to do this. We are very sorry. We’re making every effort to close the line-up with another announcement as soon as possible." 

Some comments suggesting it was meant to be Prince headlining 

On 4/25/2016 at 5:27 PM, louiec96 said:

Post on the Facebook page:

"Dear Festivalgoers! We’ve been planning to close the festival line-up last Friday. The key element was supposed to be a Saturday headliner. Unfortunately, the situation has changed last minute and we were not able to do this. We are very sorry. We’re making every effort to close the line-up with another announcement as soon as possible." 

Some comments suggesting it was meant to be Prince headlining 

I think they were trying to book Pharrell but  he asked for too much money and it didnt go through.

But there is announcement coming next week, Maybe it will be Pharrell after all or someone else.