Can we expect any more big/biggish names to be added?

ImGonnaLive4eva

Yeah, lots of people have asked this. There's a big list somewhere of all the acts that were added after the initial poster last year and there was loads. Not that many huge names, but a JP Headliner and Other Sub came later (Kaiser Chiefs and Ellie Goulding), plus hundreds others on smaller stages. The initial poster is a tiny proportion of the acts playing.

I really doubt there will be anything massive, but at the same time I wouldn't be shocked if they did pull something surprising out of the hat.

It's hard to see where anything big/unexpected will come from though since we're so close to the festival and most bands have their summer schedules all in order. There aren't too many 'big' bands left without dates over Glasto weekend.

So with all of the lineups being slowly drip fed to us, and no real big names so far. Can we expect to see any more added when the full lineup is released?

Were any added this late last year?

What do you define as a big name? We've probably got all of the "top 9" (Pyramid Headliners+Subs, Other headliners), but the acts just below this level are still coming through - Buzzcocks were added today, Leftfield and Tricky were added the other day.

What do you define as a big name? We've probably got all of the "top 9" (Pyramid Headliners+Subs, Other headliners), but the acts just below this level are still coming through - Buzzcocks were added today, Leftfield and Tricky were added the other day.

Tricky's been announced? Where for? How did I miss this? (Admittedly, he's hardly a Glastonbury rarity).

So with all of the lineups being slowly drip fed to us, and no real big names so far. Can we expect to see any more added when the full lineup is released?

Were any added this late last year?

Arnold Schwarzenegger is playing bongos on the Pat Sharp stage at 10pm on the Friday night.

Biggest name in Hollywood - 20 letters!

The Other Stage opener is usually a fairly "big" name, but it won't be announced in advance. The name will probably just be tweeted on the morning ...can't really remember. I think we heard that Beady Eye were playing, about 2 hours before hand. And Kaiser Chiefs are widely accepted as having been a last minute fill in last year.

Why were the BBC only allowed to broadcast three songs from a 37 minute Taylor Swift set when they could have broadcast her best known classics including Love Story and We Are Never Getting Back Together? Perhaps they will be broadcast as part of a Glastonbury Set? I still believe.

The Other Stage opener is usually a fairly "big" name, but it won't be announced in advance. The name will probably just be tweeted on the morning ...can't really remember. I think we heard that Beady Eye were playing, about 2 hours before hand. And Kaiser Chiefs are widely accepted as having been a last minute fill in last year.

This has only recently been a thing. But there will be some good TBA's over the weekend. They are always a good shout.

Why were the BBC only allowed to broadcast three songs from a 37 minute Taylor Swift set when they could have broadcast her best known classics including Love Story and We Are Never Getting Back Together? Perhaps they will be broadcast as part of a Glastonbury Set? I still believe.

The whole set was broadcast live on radio I believe...perhaps it was because she only wanted to promote the new stuff on telly? I'm with you in hoping she appears but I'm doubtful they are the reasons.

da daaa

Andeeroo, on 15 Apr 2015 - 8:30 PM, said:snapback.png

Had a spare ten minutes. This is the list of the names that were missing from last year's poster on the (arguably) main stages: Pyramid, Other, West Holts, John Peel, The Park, Acoustic, Avalon, Leftfield. There is a lot!

Pyramid

The War On Drugs

Turtle Island

Metallica

Nick Mulvey

Caro Emerald

English National Ballet

Other Stage

Haim

Band Of Skulls

Tba

Imagine Dragons