Mazda Bongo - a few campervan questions

jono_01

My wife is coming to the festival for the first time. We've hired a Mazda Bongo from Go Bongo.

Anyone got any experience of this firm in particular? They've been pretty good to date - fast at answering questions etc. I think they only have a couple of vans and I don't have any concerns regarding them but would be interested to know if anyone has any info on the quirks of these things? Are the Khyam fast erect awnings easy enough to put up alone? Easy enough to drive in the event it gets a bit muddy in the fields?

The main question is whether anyone who has used a campervan before recommends taking a duvet or sleeping bags? Believe me, this has been a matter of debate in our household and swmbo is very keen on the duvet! I think it is a bit overkill but then again it wont take up much more space than two s'bags and a blanket. How cold can it get up in the top bunk thing?

A few other little things which have been covered somewhat in other posts; but just looking for further opinions from the seasoned campervan fields folk:

The van comes with a 20l fresh water tank. I assume it'll be empty. Was thinking of a couple of cheapo 10l water carriers to fill it. Don't suppose there will be anything more extravagant like aquarolls required? Sink will only be used for washing hands / filling kettle really.

As for waste water. The itinerary just says there is a waste pipe at the back of the van. I'm thinking of a pound shop sink bowl to put underneath so the small amount of grey water doesn't run off. Again, don't think anything more.

Most food will be bought in the site other than some breakfast items. Are the only real food stalls in the east CV field those few down by PG C? What type of toilet facilities are there too? We will invest in a porta potti I reckon anyway as the Mrs isn't accustomed to festival life yet. I take it there are waste tanks to dump the dumps dotted around the CV fields?

Thanks in advance

The main question is whether anyone who has used a campervan before recommends taking a duvet or sleeping bags? Believe me, this has been a matter of debate in our household and swmbo is very keen on the duvet! I think it is a bit overkill but then again it wont take up much more space than two s'bags and a blanket. How cold can it get up in the top bunk thing?

I'd always go for Duvet, but that is a personal comfort thing. The Bongo seems pretty spacious so I doubt that the difference in the space taken by kipping bags and duvets would have too much impact. But it's duvets for me!

Edited by TheNewUnion

Hello dude you got more space in your Um bongo than I have in my splitty ,we use a duvet as its more comfortable and you can still whaff a fart with it ,take a couple of 5 ltr waters with you taps are everywhere and a there was a burger van in West field ,take some disposable bbq and some steaks sausages always nice and no mess cooking outside van .

Kyham pretty easy to put up on your own yes but two peeps to position or youll bend a legs.

some cheap solar lights for your tent so when you return late night it looks the dogs bollocks and you can see,we some times take the porta potti but no turds just use at night,if your feeling flash get a toilet tent then you can fill one of the 5 lts waters with warm water ,stab some holes in the screw lid and use it as a shower, waste water points in the field..hope this helps you in east or west

Hi, toilet and waste water blocks are in each field, on East, so you'll not be far. I'd recommend duvets, and plenty of breakfast stuff to keep you till you're in the gates, for food. I only remember burger vans and possibly a van with milk, but with the quality and variety onsite, I'd wait for that. If you can borrow a decent trolley it will help get the water containers to your van, and keep it chained up outside.