Wickerman 2014

Guest ramragon

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, long time lurker here!I'm glad someone has started a Wickerman 2014 thread. Looking at the announcement dates last year, Primal Scream were indeed announced in January but the main chunk of main stage acts including the second headliner Amy MacDonald was announced in the first week of March. Wickerman seems to have a lot of crossover acts from Kendal Calling so hopefully when Kendal announces so will Wickerman!

I'm crossing my fingers for Travis and for a long shot maybe Madness! Anyone else have any predictions?

Not sure if there will be as many crossovers this year, last year kendal and wickerman landed on the same weekend so it made it convenient for bands to play venues pretty close together on the same weekend. Think theyve made the right decision to split the weekends again so theyre not in competition with eachother for punters. I did both in 2012 and plan on doing the same again this year as do a few people on here.

Im still convinced they only released the Primal Scream announcement so early to try and sell some tickets early before the Kendal announcement came out featuring Primal Scream playing over the same weekend.

Excellent predictions ramragon! I wouldn't be surprised if two of the three bands you suggested i.e. Travis, Deacon Blue or Franz Ferdinand headlined on the Friday and Saturday nights with Big Country and maybe the Fratellis who are touring again sub-headling. As much as I enjoy rampant speculation I can't wait for the real announcement, fingers crossed it will be soon!

With no Wickerman announcement upon the imminent horizon, to pass away the hours/days/months does anyone fancy playing the prediction game?

Not including Big Country and The Zombies as they have self confirmed, which 10 bands do you think might play Wickerman this year. 1 point for each correct prediction!

My predictions are:

1. Deacon Blue
  2. Franz Ferdinand
  3. Happy Mondays (After the Wickerman burning!)
  4. The Fratellis
  5. The Stranglers
  6. Reel Big Fish
  7. Space
  8. Vukovi
  9. A Plastic Rose
  10. We Were Promised Jetpacks

Any one fancy playing/

Yeah I'll have a stab, sure comfy numb will have a pop as well. The list isn't who I want but more who I can see playing this year's Wickerman.

1.Deacon Blue

2.Travis

3.Franz Ferdinand

4.Catfish and the Bottlemen

5.Embrace

6.Happy Mondays

7.Fratellis

8.Dangleberries

9.Bad Manners

10.Bombskare

who knows, after my kendal calling guesswork I could get a score of 0 outa 10 !

I was thinking Catfish and the bottlemen too as they seem to be playing every festival in the UK this summer!

Wickerman have answered our prayers and announced on Facebook that the first announcement is on Friday so we don't have long to see if our guesswork is any good!

Am I right in thinking that they usually announce at midnight?!?

Hope the Headliners come from Manics, Deacon Blue, Franz Ferdinand, Paulo Nutini, Fun Lovin Crims, Travis.

If it`s Frank Turner and Big Country I will be most most most pissed off.

Chvrches

Prides

Vigo Thieves

Shed 7

Alabama 3

Fun Lovin Crims

Athlete

Franz Ferdinand

Deacon Blue

Seasick Steve

Inspiral Carpets

Edited by comfortablynumb1910