Pinkpop 2014

Guest 5co77ie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Davey, seems like all the questions are adressed to you haha! :D:) I also have one - are there any supermarkets or shops for food near the campsite (near being a short walk away). I don't want just to have the option of the catering food in the campsite, as I don't believe there are any shops in the camp. Thanks in advance! Hope we all get tickets tomorrow! :)

Edit: I read all the Pinkpop topics here, so now I know there are 4 campsites. Which ones have a supermarket nearby and which ones don't? Thanks!

Edited by veidar45

Happy to help. As I think I've explained before, I'm a Brit living about 10 minutes walk from the festival site, so if I can offer any useful info to people travelling to the festival, I'm quite happy to do so. :)

The festival is in the middle of a reasonable sized town, Landgraaf, and you have a choice of 4 supermarkets (Albert Heijn, Jumbo, Lidl and Aldi), all within about 10 minutes walk of the arena and campsites. They're not massive, when compared with UK supermarkets, but they have plenty of food and drink. Jumbo is probably the biggest (which seems fitting with a name like that!) and is right in the town centre, so you can't really miss it, if you walk into town.

Happy to help. As I think I've explained before, I'm a Brit living about 10 minutes walk from the festival site, so if I can offer any useful info to people travelling to the festival, I'm quite happy to do so. :)

The festival is in the middle of a reasonable sized town, Landgraaf, and you have a choice of 4 supermarkets (Albert Heijn, Jumbo, Lidl and Aldi), all within about 10 minutes walk of the arena and campsites. They're not massive, when compared with UK supermarkets, but they have plenty of food and drink. Jumbo is probably the biggest (which seems fitting with a name like that!) and is right in the town centre, so you can't really miss it, if you walk into town.

Just as a guide for people asking how far away stuff is, this is a map we got last year, to show us what roads would be closed off. The pink baby, the Pinkpop logo, is the entrance to the main arena, where the stages are. The tent signs are the campsite locaitons. The train station is near the top left of the pink coloured roads. If you come down from the station, there's a road junction where there are 4 little men drawn on the map (two black & two red), Jumbo is at this junction. It would probably take about 15-20 minutes to walk from the station to the arena entrance.

50FpUQq.jpg

Well that was sh!t, logged in at 8:40 GMT and joined the queue, just got in an hour later and all gone. Ticketb@stard don't normally have those queues otherwise would have tried earlier but not sure if that would have helped or not.

So anyone with 3 spare???? :-)

So did anyone actually get tickets? I guess not. I ended up with day tickets for Sunday, but that was it.

There was a massive demand. There were 5 or 6 places locally selling tickets over the counter. My missus went to the smallest one and there was literally hundreds of people in the queue. She reckons she moved about a third of the way along from where she started, to the counter, in the hour or so before they sold out. There was a lot of very unhappy people and they even had to have police in the scene!

Well done to Pinkpop for booking the Stones, but it's kind of ruined it for a lot of us regular festival goers. Makes me wonder how many people that bought weekend tickets will go for the Stones day and not bother going back on the Sunday and Monday.

Apparently there's already over 1600 people offering Pinkpop tickets on second hand market websites. If you assume that most of those offer more than one ticket, and that most tickets are weekend/Rolling Stones day, it'd mean that about 5-10% of the tickets that grant you to see RS are in the hands of people trying to make a profit.....

Hi everybody,

I'm new on this forum but I read it from years.

This will be my first Pinkpop, I'll come from Italy with some friends.

I see that usually the concerts finish at about midnight, is there some afterparty maybe at the campsite (or some place for drink the last beer with some music)?

I see also on the wikipedia page of pinkpop that this year there is a fourth stage, does anybody know something about?

Last question: the line up isn't complete, what kind of bands/music/artists can be announced?

Thanks to all :):):):):)

Edited by alan_ts