Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, what about sleeping bags? I'm going straight to SGP after it so will have to take one but will I need to use it for when I'm in Spain? Don't think the airline will let me attach one to the outside of my rucksack.

I don't think its as easy as that - I'm sure you need ID when using the printed tickets.

Anyway the tickets are still on sale and would be £155 for two so not sure where he's getting the £350 from.

Right then....

hello ladies and gents! Long time reader of this thread, first time poster.

First time at benicassim this year and although I appreciate the clear benefits of having an apartment the collective decision of the group is to sweat to death in tents.

I appreciate the campsites open very early in the week, but we arent gonna be getting there before wednesday afternoon earliest, or thursday morning latest. So we will have to take the runt of tent pitches lol. We aren't paying for the flashy villacamp option just the good old budget free version

Can anyone who has been before definitively answer the camping conundrums

1. Will one of these cheapy supermaket tents do, as i should imagine it wont need to withstand the full range of UK weather terrors?

2. Is it worth getting one each or bearing in mind how little time we will spend in it should be just get a communal one to leave stuff in? (4 of us going)

3. Do you need a full on sleeping bag or will a thin blanket be enough. I know the party goes all night and by the morning its boiling but i reckon at least one day i will be partied out and probably crash during the nighttime when temperature must drop?

4. I hear the floor is hard dirt, do people go for a rollmat, a full on airbed or a lilo?

5. Looks likely we will have a hire car, is there somewhere safe we could ditch it, ideally in 30 mins walk would be cracking in case we need to go back to it

Thanks in advance

Right then....

hello ladies and gents! Long time reader of this thread, first time poster.

First time at benicassim this year and although I appreciate the clear benefits of having an apartment the collective decision of the group is to sweat to death in tents.

I appreciate the campsites open very early in the week, but we arent gonna be getting there before wednesday afternoon earliest, or thursday morning latest. So we will have to take the runt of tent pitches lol. We aren't paying for the flashy villacamp option just the good old budget free version

Can anyone who has been before definitively answer the camping conundrums

1. Will one of these cheapy supermaket tents do, as i should imagine it wont need to withstand the full range of UK weather terrors?

2. Is it worth getting one each or bearing in mind how little time we will spend in it should be just get a communal one to leave stuff in? (4 of us going)

3. Do you need a full on sleeping bag or will a thin blanket be enough. I know the party goes all night and by the morning its boiling but i reckon at least one day i will be partied out and probably crash during the nighttime when temperature must drop?

4. I hear the floor is hard dirt, do people go for a rollmat, a full on airbed or a lilo?

5. Looks likely we will have a hire car, is there somewhere safe we could ditch it, ideally in 30 mins walk would be cracking in case we need to go back to it

Thanks in advance

1. Yes a cheap tent will do, mine was a £12 wilko's special. Did its job perfectly

2. I'd take 1 each, me and my mates take a 2 man each and a spare to put all stuff in (if you leave chairs or anything out at night they get stolen) you can sleep outside but i always ended up in mine

3. I had a bedsheet, dont need a sleeping bag. Just take a jumper in case. I woke up a couple of times in mine - f**cking roasting on the morning!

4. Floor is solid. I took an asda lilo and it kept going down (luckily too wasted to care). Taking an airbed this year

5. We do the same, theres a car park in front of the arena and another round the back. They were full last year by thurs afternoon so try and get there as early as pos. Where we park is about a 2 min walk from our tents

Id also recomend taking a ground sheet, a tarp would be even better. Theres ants that bite and our sheet got manky by the end of the week cos of all the beer/vodka and general dirt on it.

Buy chairs when you get their, theres a lil camping shop opposite the arena.

Take a sheet that you can string up over your pitch, shade in the day is heaven

Thats all based on my experience last year. Hope that helps

last year there was only the one free camp, the other was the 'vip' you pay extra for. The main free one was excellent though, just a 5 min crawl back to the tent when the music finishes. And lidls isnt that far either. Beach is a bit of a trek (30mins) but you could split a cab for a couple of euros each.

Neil! Nice to see you on here. Any chance you've got any news/rumours/suspicions on acts still to be announced? I see Justice are still down as a "Strong Rumour" - any reason behind that?

Nope, I've got no rumours, and that Justice one wasn't my doing.

I've just removed it tho, on the basis that no one can remember why it's there in the first place. :lol:

Just found this on main website. Although back in the day i think there was two main campsites and Villacamp was just a sectioned off area of one (as one poster said), this suggests that it is simply one large free campsite, plus the smaller paid villacamp one (as another poster said).

So looks like no choice is needed at all.

http://fiberfib.com/...where-to-sleep/

Edited by internetjef