Camp Funk2008-----------Kidney Mead-----join THE Party !

Guest mrfunk

Kidney Mead is the field located due east of the Pyramid Field (Arena), Camp Funk will be centre left just down from that red bit that sticks into the field on the map. Pennards is the long field in the south west of the site with the red road/path in a oblong inside it (west of the white bit on the map with the Healing Fields etc). PLEASE note this is an old map and the new Park Field and camping areas will be in the south west...the big empty gap west of the bottom left of this map!

fineguidemap2007finalveae8.jpg

Flag will be

5m_blue_festival_banner.jpg

Camp Funk can offer you:

Nice view of Pyramid and easy access to it

A change from Pennards for those who have been too many times

Better shelter from the great gusts of wind that can blow through big time in the more open areas

Hot showers at bottom of field

Cider bus at bottom of field

Market and all the lovely food and stalls at bottom of field

Bakery next to field

Bank at top of hill

Flushing toilets at top of hill

Smaller (yet perfectly formed) camp so less need to try and remember EVERYONE's names laugh.gif

Only a slight hill, no lumps

Washing machine drum fire box thingy

Longdrops galore at top and bottom of field...Camp Funk is in centre of field so not close to any smells! laugh.gif

Relatively near to cinema field

No flooding!!

Erm...Mr Funk...your friend..

Cons:

distance from that rather funky sounding Park Field

Only a slightly longer walk to the Stone Circle but walk home takes you through the market so you can get breakfast on the way back

Proximity to Pyramid

Both camps are equidistant to the Dance Village

and its really not that much more of a walk to the Stone Circle than Pennards

And so...there you have it

It offers much more amenity wise too due to proximity to the markets and CIDER BUS!!! biggrin.gif

So far peeps have mentioned their interest. Kidney Mead WILL fill up a lot quicker than Pennards probably due to Pyramid stage proximity (although it is slightly hidden from the Main Field due to the bloody huge hedge on the west side) and we wont be taping off areas...well...probably not.

Anyhoo...

(disclaimer bit...) the list of what is happening and what will be at Camp Funk is subject to change.

Just reply to add your name to the List

check

/index.php?showtopic=79457">here for recomendations. and reviews of 2007 was awesome..!!!

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a pretty mixed group of all ages, and everyone is very friendly. If you don't come you WILL regret it, if you come you will have a great time - promise.

No problem helping putting tents up so it's really up to you and if you can manage it. If you are planning to get there early bring the big one - any time after lunch time on wed then a small one is easier to fit in.

Of course, if you bring the small one, you can bring more drink on the sack trolly :D

Cheers,

Mike.

Thanks for you advice Mike. I will leave Southampton at 6am ish so hope to be there for 8am. Will come in through PGD, I think so as I will be quite near Kidney mead I figured I could do as few trips back to car and just bring the big tent on the first run so I can get a space for it. Then go back for rucksack, booze etc. Didnt come till friday last year and my camp was already set up. I wondered how long it takes to get from that gate to KM roughly? And how long will you have to queue for getting in at 8am? Is it best to leave it till 9am to let queues go down? Questions, questions....sorry!

Sorry, another noobie question :D

Coming from the bus drop off & PGA, what is the best route to take to KM? I've looked at the various maps and charts, but don't know what it's like 'on the ground' so to speak -

fineguide-08-may(1).jpg

Is there a 'direct' route of through Cinema Field, through the Nature Reserve/Webbs Ash & across the Pyramid arena, or is it easier to go down towards John Peel / Dance, then along the roadway behind Pyramid? And how good is the signposting?

Thanks folks :D

Sorry, another noobie question :D

Coming from the bus drop off & PGA, what is the best route to take to KM? I've looked at the various maps and charts, but don't know what it's like 'on the ground' so to speak -

fineguide-08-may(1).jpg

Is there a 'direct' route of through Cinema Field, through the Nature Reserve/Webbs Ash & across the Pyramid arena, or is it easier to go down towards John Peel / Dance, then along the roadway behind Pyramid? And how good is the signposting?

Thanks folks :D

Hello everyone.....I've been humming, hahing, perusing and contemplating for weeks.

First it was, Can I be bothered with Glasto this year? (this will be the fifth time - or sixth - and last year really really pushed me to the limit.) Then I watched the Glasto DVD whilst stoned and thought - 'yep I can!'

Second it was, when shall i go? After thinking of popping down for just FRi/Sat I'm now thinking, nope, gotta be Wednesday!

Third it was, I'll take it easy this year and take one of my kids. Now it's f**c it, I'll be dead soon - milk it for what it's worth and the kid can come next year. (luckily she was quite happy not to go as she was making other plans that I didn't try to hard to stop her from doing! - Now that's what been a dad is all abt! :D

Finally, it was, I wanna do something a wee bit different - meet some new folks and have amore social festival and now I'm still thinking that'll be cool. So if there's room for one more middle aged (44) man who seriously doesn't belong in his age group then count me in...and probably a few mates as well..although that's to be confirmed!

I'll look for the flag and pop by to say hi..... :D

Peace.

P.S I'm seriously starting to think that this GLASTO will be the best yet! It's just staring to get that feel -know what I mean?

Alright you crazy funksters!!!

I've not completely sold my sister on the idea of joining Camp Funk - she's thinks the whole thing is a bit geeky. BUT she said she doesn't really mind where we camp, and I notice nobody else has yet offered a firewood tent, which I'm sure you'll all need. So, I'll bring my spare tent for you to use as a firewood tent, and even if we don't end up camping with Camp Funk I'll bring it over sometime on Wednesday afternoon (maybe even morning if we're super organised).

And even if I don't end up camping with the funky folk, I'll come over and hang out around your campfire a bit anyway!

Androooooooooo

Alright you crazy funksters!!!

I've not completely sold my sister on the idea of joining Camp Funk - she's thinks the whole thing is a bit geeky. BUT she said she doesn't really mind where we camp, and I notice nobody else has yet offered a firewood tent, which I'm sure you'll all need. So, I'll bring my spare tent for you to use as a firewood tent, and even if we don't end up camping with Camp Funk I'll bring it over sometime on Wednesday afternoon (maybe even morning if we're super organised).

And even if I don't end up camping with the funky folk, I'll come over and hang out around your campfire a bit anyway!

Androooooooooo

Since you lot seem to be camping right beside my usual pitch and even though I hardly post here I may feel the need to come and say hello :D We would join you but for some reason we must always pitch our tent at the exact same point every year, lined up with the exact same tree. My friend is rather odd that way :D

Since you lot seem to be camping right beside my usual pitch and even though I hardly post here I may feel the need to come and say hello :D We would join you but for some reason we must always pitch our tent at the exact same point every year, lined up with the exact same tree. My friend is rather odd that way :lol: