Secret Garden Party 2008

Guest secretgardenparty2008

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do need a campervan pass apparently - but if you haven't had your tickets yet, you can contact them asking for one. My bro had to ask for his pass cos I bought his ticket and forgot his campervan pass. It's free though!

I am really looking forward to this fest, but has it got anything like the stone circle at glasto where people stay up til sunrise playing bongos and dancing in a shamanic trance while spouting gibberish over special cake and mushroom tea?

The Secret Garden Party

- Come The Revolutions -

“They say that time changes things, but you have to actually change them yourself”

Andy Warhol

24th – 27th July 2008

ON SALE: 10am, Friday 1st February

“Best festival ever…” Reverend And The Makers

“I begin to smile; this smile doesn’t leave my face all weekend” Virtual festivals

“The Secret Garden Party is a must in the British Summer festival season” Contactmusic

“By far and away my favourite festival… I can’t wait for next year” ES Magazine

“It’s a brilliant festival” NME

It’s with great pleasure we can announce that tickets for 2008’s Secret Garden Party festival will go on sale as of 1st February 2008.

They will be priced at £125 for a ticket. This price is all inclusive - no extras for booking charges, car parking or campervan pitches! Tickets will be available through the Secret Garden Party website at www.secretgardenparty.com along with youth tickets for the 14-17 year olds (accompanied by an adult), priced at £100. again… all inclusive. And as always, under 14’s are completely free when accompanied by an adult.

The Secret Garden Party is conceived as a four day party like no other, a place where imagination knows no schedules or boundaries. It is founded on creative participation of all kinds, whether that’s performing Shakespeare round the fire circles, staging a custard pie battle on the lake or building the sculpture of your dreams. It is an Arts event, with ticket monies spread evenly between musicians, actors, installation artists, healers and public performers. Most importantly it is a party where everyone has the chance to get under the spotlight, from the headline Main Stage act to the hula hooping eccentric in the setting sun. The Head Gardeners would not have it any other way.

This July The Secret Garden Party will be exploring the Revolutions of Past, Present and Future, from the physical through to the conceptual. We will be asking all Gardeners to stage their own revolutions, devolutions and evolutions bringing the Garden to life with parades, music, sculpture and theatre.

Happening once again in its stunning location in the East Anglian countryside, near Huntingdon, the event will have an array of the best up and coming artists performing alongside some bona fide legends; and many celebrated on-site shenanigans for which The Secret Garden Party has become so affectionately synonymous. The festival has become notorious for championing the hit-makers of tomorrow with past performers including KT Tunstall (2004), Noisettes (2005), Hard Fi (2005), The Rumble Strips (2006), Lily Allen (2006), Newton Faulkner (2007), Reverend And The Makers (2007) and Metronomy (2007)… with this years line up looking to top them all.

The Revolution is coming…

For press enquiries and ticket accreditation, contact:

Orbit PR / karen@orbitpr.net / alex@orbitpr.net / 0207 033 4667

www.secretgardenparty.com

DOES ANYONE WANT TICKET(S)?

I have 2 tickets for sale because I realized I have prior commitments. I was wondering if anyone was interested, since it would be a shame for this opportunity to be missed.

Would be willing to sell at a reduced cost- if people want to make an offer.

EMAIL: rob-foster3@hotmail.co.uk

How easy is it to get to the festival site from Huntingdon train station? Is it walkable or do they put a bus on or what? There are 5 of us coming down from Manchester and lift shares from the North seem to be few and far between!

OK, I know it's a secret - but I'm having real problems finding the address to site!!! I have my ticket but have not got the bumf that came with it. Have just email G tickets who sent me directions to the glade!!!! Good job I checked on a map.

If anyone could help that would be great either here or to mark@marktighe.co.uk - I'm travelling a few hours from up north wih my two daughters - looking forward to it - I'll be the one dressed as che guvera ;-)

How easy is it to get to the festival site from Huntingdon train station? Is it walkable or do they put a bus on or what? There are 5 of us coming down from Manchester and lift shares from the North seem to be few and far between!

cant tell where anyone gonna be till we get programs,hope they print more this year didnt seem to have enough last year we were lucky that we were some of the first through the gate but friends that arived later didnt get one along with alot of others, not very helpfull when want to see your favourite new band !

only 400 tickets left !!and just read on the" daily mirror " site of all places that the hoosiers have been added to the bill ! wonder if they were the secret special guests !! im still worried about the fact that glasvegas havent got sgp dates on web site or myspace! didnt go when they played my home town cos it woud have been a night of work and they on the bill for this!oh it is a worry!