Secret Garden Party 2008

Guest secretgardenparty2008

The Secret Garden Party

- Come The Revolutions -

“They say that time changes things, but you have to actually change them yourself”

Andy Warhol

24th – 27th July 2008

ON SALE: 10am, Friday 1st February

“Best festival ever…” Reverend And The Makers

“I begin to smile; this smile doesn’t leave my face all weekend” Virtual festivals

“The Secret Garden Party is a must in the British Summer festival season” Contactmusic

“By far and away my favourite festival… I can’t wait for next year” ES Magazine

“It’s a brilliant festival” NME

It’s with great pleasure we can announce that tickets for 2008’s Secret Garden Party festival will go on sale as of 1st February 2008.

They will be priced at £125 for a ticket. This price is all inclusive - no extras for booking charges, car parking or campervan pitches! Tickets will be available through the Secret Garden Party website at www.secretgardenparty.com along with youth tickets for the 14-17 year olds (accompanied by an adult), priced at £100. again… all inclusive. And as always, under 14’s are completely free when accompanied by an adult.

The Secret Garden Party is conceived as a four day party like no other, a place where imagination knows no schedules or boundaries. It is founded on creative participation of all kinds, whether that’s performing Shakespeare round the fire circles, staging a custard pie battle on the lake or building the sculpture of your dreams. It is an Arts event, with ticket monies spread evenly between musicians, actors, installation artists, healers and public performers. Most importantly it is a party where everyone has the chance to get under the spotlight, from the headline Main Stage act to the hula hooping eccentric in the setting sun. The Head Gardeners would not have it any other way.

This July The Secret Garden Party will be exploring the Revolutions of Past, Present and Future, from the physical through to the conceptual. We will be asking all Gardeners to stage their own revolutions, devolutions and evolutions bringing the Garden to life with parades, music, sculpture and theatre.

Happening once again in its stunning location in the East Anglian countryside, near Huntingdon, the event will have an array of the best up and coming artists performing alongside some bona fide legends; and many celebrated on-site shenanigans for which The Secret Garden Party has become so affectionately synonymous. The festival has become notorious for championing the hit-makers of tomorrow with past performers including KT Tunstall (2004), Noisettes (2005), Hard Fi (2005), The Rumble Strips (2006), Lily Allen (2006), Newton Faulkner (2007), Reverend And The Makers (2007) and Metronomy (2007)… with this years line up looking to top them all.

The Revolution is coming…

For press enquiries and ticket accreditation, contact:

Orbit PR / karen@orbitpr.net / alex@orbitpr.net / 0207 033 4667

www.secretgardenparty.com

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More to be added>>>>>>>>!>>>>>>>>>>>

Grace Jones

Sons & Daughters

Glasvegas

Envy & Other Sins

Alphabeat

Morcheeba

The Little Ones

Florence & The Machine

Infadels

Cage The Elephant

Officer Kicks

Married To The Sea

Elle S’appelle

Atomic Hooligan

Hi 5 Alive

Eight Legs

Beep Seals

Alexander Wolfe

Cass Lowe

Thomas Tantrum

Lacrosse

Shout Out Louds

Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Bonde Do Role

The Wallbirds

FrYars

Fanfarlo

Sunny Day Sets Fire

Jay Jay Pistolet

Losers

Autokratz

Alex Metric

Juxta

Precious RGB

Lowline

The Shoes

Eddy Temple Morris

Eclectic Method

Dennis Jones

2Many Wedding Djs

Ali B

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to go to SGP for the first time this year, got fed up with Reading and Leeds commercial madness!

Noticed on the site (finally up today!) that no alcohol can be taken in!

Is it crazy expensive inside? Is it possible to buy a crate of beer e.t.c. once you're in or am I gonna be buying endless £3 pints?

Also, any tips for a SGP virgin greatly appreciated!

Cheers

I went last year and had a wicked time! Like the posters before I got bored with all the commerical stuff.

SGP's in a lovely setting round a lake, loads of mad shit going on every day, Lots of really happy people all there to have a party, no waiting to get served at the bar, No dog poo (not where I was anyway!).

Drinks weren't that cheap and you did get a search on the way in but there's a tesco a drive away and sure you could get something there..... to be honest its all a little vague in a good way

Oh sorry, I realised what i wrote didn't make much sense to anyone who hadn't been - they DID allow dogs last year, and i'm sorry but i didn't feel that was really appropriate - i watched lots of dog owners not bother to clean up after their dogs and said a quiet prayer every time i sat down when it was dark. Totally beautiful site though.

More to be added>>>>>>>>!>>>>>>>>>>>

Grace Jones

Sons & Daughters

Glasvegas

Envy & Other Sins

Alphabeat

Morcheeba

The Little Ones

Florence & The Machine

Infadels

Cage The Elephant

Officer Kicks

Married To The Sea

Elle S’appelle

Atomic Hooligan

Hi 5 Alive

Eight Legs

Beep Seals

Alexander Wolfe

Cass Lowe

Thomas Tantrum

Lacrosse

Shout Out Louds

Asteroids Galaxy Tour

Bonde Do Role

The Wallbirds

FrYars

Fanfarlo

Sunny Day Sets Fire

Jay Jay Pistolet

Losers

Autokratz

Alex Metric

Juxta

Precious RGB

Lowline

The Shoes

Eddy Temple Morris

Eclectic Method

Dennis Jones

2Many Wedding Djs

Ali B

I went last year and had a wicked time! Like the posters before I got bored with all the commerical stuff.

SGP's in a lovely setting round a lake, loads of mad shit going on every day, Lots of really happy people all there to have a party, no waiting to get served at the bar, No dog poo (not where I was anyway!).

Drinks weren't that cheap and you did get a search on the way in but there's a tesco a drive away and sure you could get something there..... to be honest its all a little vague in a good way

Hey SGP lovers,

SGP is an amazing festival filled with shiny, lovely people. I actually didn;t notice any dogs last year (i saw the giant white rabbit though and it had it's own attendant with a walkie talkie!! "Rabbit is now approaching the Looniverse. Oh, now it's nibbling the grass. Over.") Anyway. SGP is in this top 10 festivals article which is on this website called

http://www.spoonfed.co.uk/

Check it out!

FoxyLoxy x :O

I'm planning to go to SGP for the first time this year, got fed up with Reading and Leeds commercial madness!

Noticed on the site (finally up today!) that no alcohol can be taken in!

Is it crazy expensive inside? Is it possible to buy a crate of beer e.t.c. once you're in or am I gonna be buying endless £3 pints?

Also, any tips for a SGP virgin greatly appreciated!

Cheers

is anyone working the bars there ths year? i am and really looking forward to it. never been before, it looks ace. i worked glade last year, so gone for a bit of a change this time round.....and hopefully less rain <_<

Edited to say:: i meant less rain than glade! i believe secret garden was lovely last year....unlike glade where we actually drowned

Edited by Foxie_laydie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I know this might be a bit of a, controversial question but me and two friends are really wanting to get the festival this year. I've just come across it and it seems like one of the best in the UK,

But! We're all only 16 and unless "accompanied" by an over 21 we can't even buy tickets nevermind enter the grounds. So disppointed when we read that, but i was wondering if anyone knows of how we might be able to get entry? We're all no trouble at all, we just want to experiance really, SGP.

Thanks,