carl callands guide to weston park for beginners

Guest unfinished_monkey_business

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crackin guide!

A few questions though:

1. Is there anything decent going on on the Saturday/Sunday nights? I usually spend my summer festival cash on Download where they turn one of the tents into a club that runs till about 5am every night Thursday to Sunday which is always awesome because . . . well who wants to sleep?! I know there's the indie disco on the Thursday night this year which could be fun, is there any music going on on the Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights because I'm going to be bored stupid otherwise!

2. Merchants, and I'm not talking about ticket touts or the ones selling bamboo chairs and glowsticks :lol: both Download and Reading always have at least 20 guys wandering around the campsite shouting 'Green or beans?!' all of the first two days and it's always quaility gear. You said there's searches on the way in so I might not risk it as I'm going in a car full of shaggy lads :lol: so what's the action like inside?

3. Do you sleep?! I know it's a pop festival and all so the majority of the punters will be weeuns and 20 something girls but is there a decent supply of people up for an all night laugh? Reading last year was horrible, everyone was in bed by 3?! EVERY NIGHT! Then again, Download, no one sleeps :lol: so I guess it could go either way. Up for some good old fashioned booze fueled mischief?

4. Stop That Be Quiet Brigade . . . is there one?

That about sums it up, little help anyone? :)

Crackin guide!

A few questions though:

1. Is there anything decent going on on the Saturday/Sunday nights? I usually spend my summer festival cash on Download where they turn one of the tents into a club that runs till about 5am every night Thursday to Sunday which is always awesome because . . . well who wants to sleep?! I know there's the indie disco on the Thursday night this year which could be fun, is there any music going on on the Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights because I'm going to be bored stupid otherwise!

2. Merchants, and I'm not talking about ticket touts or the ones selling bamboo chairs and glowsticks :lol: both Download and Reading always have at least 20 guys wandering around the campsite shouting 'Green or beans?!' all of the first two days and it's always quaility gear. You said there's searches on the way in so I might not risk it as I'm going in a car full of shaggy lads :) so what's the action like inside?

3. Do you sleep?! I know it's a pop festival and all so the majority of the punters will be weeuns and 20 something girls but is there a decent supply of people up for an all night laugh? Reading last year was horrible, everyone was in bed by 3?! EVERY NIGHT! Then again, Download, no one sleeps :lol: so I guess it could go either way. Up for some good old fashioned booze fueled mischief?

4. Stop That Be Quiet Brigade . . . is there one?

That about sums it up, little help anyone? :lol:

Love the guide, this will be my 4th V Fest at staffs and am still finding out new things every year

Its actually scary how similar my festival guide wud b to this, i even go on the red campsite(obvius). Walk threw the 1st entrance and go down the path past the toilets and past some of the big trees to where the caravans r in line with the fene and we have camped there for the last 2 years. 1st year we went we made the rookie mistake of camping up on the hill on the left as u walk in on red and kept slipping down the hill all night and all the time

With toilets u hav 2 take ur chances, found THE best toilet on the sunday morning, felt like a new man after it, came back to the site with the biggest smile on my face ever as all the other ones around it were horrid

niknik

The best advice I have is to have a big lie-in on Monday morning. Get up at about 12pm have a coffee and pack away.

Then on your way back to the car you can pick up all the decent camping equipment,pop-up tents that people could not fold away again, beer, wellies, money, hats, cameras, bags of food, blankets, airbeds, torches, tent pegs, all sorts of decent stuff that people just dump.

You can pick-up all the camping gear you will need for next year.

we got 4 pairs of wellies last year !! I could have got about 200 pairs if i picked up every pair I saw.

Took less than 1 Hour to get out of festival car park.

other good tips:

If possible a wheelbarrow makes life really really easy.

Get there really early.

But a "camel-pack" hydration pack for about £15. It's a very slim rucsack type thing that holds liquid. Find them at sports shops or millets type shops or ebay. You can then get your alcohol in past security and sip it through the tube attached and leave your hands free. You can dance like mad and never spill any. I fill mine with vodka and buy the mixers in there and pour the voddy in...Brilliant.

Buy earplugs if you want to sleep at night or even the day.

Buy hand sanitiser. You can get it at Boots or any good chemist or supermarket. It comes in a small pocket sized bottle and it much better than just wet wipes after using the skank toilets and you dont need water.

Bear in mind they never allow fold-up chairs or big umbrellas in the actual arena. So remember to leave them at your tent instead of dumping them at the arena entrance like thousands of others. you can buy them in there.

If you don't wanna queue for tokens for the bar then use the bar in the JJB tent. takes cash and the queue is never too long.

The queue for the cash machine will be INSANE take loads of cash and look after it. (2 of us spent about £250 last year)

Get a tall tent so you can stand up getting dressed. I hate getting dressed on the floor.

Don't throw anything other than a flimsy frisbee or inflatable stuff into the crowd. It sucks big time to get hit by a bottle and sprayed with piss/unknown liquids.

Take small umbrella and if your in the crowd put it up anyway when you start seeing stuff thrown about.

Don't bother with guy ropes, they are unneccesary and when someone trips over them in the middle of the night chances are they will land on top of you.

Take fruit. It was really hard to find it last year.

If you become skint during the night go find the biggest fair ground ride. It will usually be the huge rotating arm looking thing and stand right underneath it at the point where you think the riders will collide with you. Search the floor. I found £20 quid on Sat and £20 on Sunday last year and was only waiting for mates who were in the queue. Big Bonus.

Have a massage..Fabulous and only £10.

Go expecting rain and mud. and throughout the festival Act like it's really sunny!!

Edited by JodiB

There definitely is a bar in the JJB (at WESTON PARK). Sells bottles and spirirts only. Carling, Bacardi breezers, Water, JD+virgin coke etc etc. I could never be arsed queueing for tokens then queueing for drinks. I just go to JJB or Strongbow tent or Bacardi tent.

And no I am not a pikey but ever since I found that first Muddy £20 pound note I could not help looking for more lol, and anyone who has left V past midday on Monday will know what I mean about the stuff left behind and the amount of wellie boots strewn everywhere.

Also I forgot the best tip ever for those driving to Weston Park. West car parks are much closer to the camping than East car parks. If you are travelling up M6 from south to north go an extra junction or two further up and get off at JCT 12 rather than JCT 10a. This will take you to West car parks.

Good Luck and Enjoy .

Righto, in that case we'll just have to improvise! You're all cordially invited to Sho's Heavy Metal and Indie Disco! Every night Friday - Sunday in whatever corner of the camping area and wherever we can get into that we wont be kicked off of for playing Motorhead at max volume on Argos' finest boombox!

Righto, in that case we'll just have to improvise! You're all cordially invited to Sho's Heavy Metal and Indie Disco! Every night Friday - Sunday in whatever corner of the camping area and wherever we can get into that we wont be kicked off of for playing Motorhead at max volume on Argos' finest boombox!

If you do have to leave beer behind on the Monday morning(i dont advocate it but i have done it on occasion)and there is a tent nearby that someone else has left behind, leave it in there. That way the security guards who sweep the site first for all the beer and good stuff won't get it but rather the people who come around to collect the tents to send to crisis zones and refugee camps around the world. Paid up security geezers versus Volunteer do gooders, you decide.

Me, i would rather leave it in a tent, thats good karma in my book, it's what Earl would do :wub: