girls what do I need to take and wear?

Guest beamo

This is my 1st festival, so im very excited, but im picking up hints and tips from here, and like a few of the girls on here im a wash a hair everyday girl, so on the tuesday i have an appointment for the hairdressers coz in my opinion getting your hair washed from the hair dressers lasts loads longer than if i was to do it myself, also i have a question earlier on in this thread there was a mention of a festival dress? anyone any pics of what this would be?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't post much but here goes!

I think a festival dress is a lightweight, comfy, maybe cotton short dress then can be worn with flip-flops or if the worst happens, wellies or boots. Bare legs can be dried a lot quicker than material dries so something short is good not only in hot weather but also in the wet.

I took a few long summery dresses last year as it was really sunny and warm on the day I packed. (female logic :lol: ) I couldn't wear them at the festival as they would have been dragging through the mud so i spent the 5 days in a pair of awful leggings which i only packed to wear for bed!

Sorry if this is garbled, had a few wines at lunchtime.

x

Hiya, this wil be my 10th Glasto so all I can say is be prepared! Definately bring wellies, even you think it's going to be sunny. You have no idea how quickly the weather can change. I was there for the year of the flash flood - ack!! Bring long wellie socks, sandals, one or two pairs on jeans, trainers and sandals, couple tshirts and vests (singlets, whatever!), combats that are quick to dry, and warm clothes for the evening, including a wool hat. Trust me, it gets cold in the evening, no matter what the weather! There are lots of other little things I usually get but just came across this website, much easier than running around shopping!! :lol: www.theultimatefestivalkit.co.uk. In case this gets deleted, that's The Ultimate Festival Kit. Has lots of nice little things in it as well as most necessities!! Take care and have fun, it's sooo great. Oh, and don't forget a bandana to tie up/pull back your hair! Oh also another tip. Do a practice run with what you're bringing. It's quite hellish to lug yourself across those darn fields, at the best of times!!

Edited by Festivalfreak

This is my 1st festival, so im very excited, but im picking up hints and tips from here, and like a few of the girls on here im a wash a hair everyday girl, so on the tuesday i have an appointment for the hairdressers coz in my opinion getting your hair washed from the hair dressers lasts loads longer than if i was to do it myself, also i have a question earlier on in this thread there was a mention of a festival dress? anyone any pics of what this would be?

This is a brilliant thread, it's my first glasto and theres so much useful stuff on here!

I know there's been loads of stuff about shoes already, but i have a real dilemma.. my feet are really sensitive for some reason and i get blisters really easily even from the most supposedly comfortable shoes :O i wore the same type of flip flops i wore all last summer to the beach yesterday and got big blisters on the balls of my feet :s (fingers crossed they heal in time!)

My question is, considering my feet are so rubbish, is there a particular kind of welly thats more comfortable/supportive that'd be worth investing in? I'm pretty broke, but i'm wondering if it might be worth just splashing out on some walking boots...

help!

This is a brilliant thread, it's my first glasto and theres so much useful stuff on here!

I know there's been loads of stuff about shoes already, but i have a real dilemma.. my feet are really sensitive for some reason and i get blisters really easily even from the most supposedly comfortable shoes :O i wore the same type of flip flops i wore all last summer to the beach yesterday and got big blisters on the balls of my feet :s (fingers crossed they heal in time!)

My question is, considering my feet are so rubbish, is there a particular kind of welly thats more comfortable/supportive that'd be worth investing in? I'm pretty broke, but i'm wondering if it might be worth just splashing out on some walking boots...

help!

and if you do get blisters i recomend compede blister plasters you can get them from chemists boots and superdrug def sell them and they are a females best friend, they are fab bit expensive but well worth it ooooo im excited lol

This is my first time at Glastonbury too and I'm struggling with the shoe thing.

Really dont' have the legs for skirts with trainers or anything so was planning to wear wellies whatever the weather - do you think I'll survive or might my feet melt in the scorching sun we're gonna have?

Anyone done this before in good weather?

Again what a great thread - I have been to Glasto 3 times made loads of mistakes but still found this so useful!

Re shoes: Definitely taking wellies and will wear all the time unless it's absolutely bone dry and scorching... if this does happen then I will probably go for a converse/flip flop sort of thing. flip flop in the day converse with jeans at night :lol: I too don't have the legs for skirts and trainers...

I am definitely considering splashing out on a dress this year (when I say splashing I mean whatever primark has on offer) as I too think they look hot with wellies :O

I always take jeans, t-shirts, warm jumper (hoodie usually), waterproof jacket and trousers.

g/f is 6' and has super long legs so likes the hot pant option for warm weather - sadly not for my thunder thigh B)

hats are fab - I have a sexy trilby from monsoon for the day/sun and just a beanie for night. Also for when hair is crap a nice scarve - loads around for nothing.

Don't forget army scarve or something similar - really can keep you warm and toasty without heavy jumper on...

bags me and g/f share a cool army satchel type thing - we take turns in carrying and it fits everything from groudsheet and waterproofs to larger and fags in it. we bought it from Leeds festi a few years ago.

I too like to wash hair daily - always wakes me up nicely - will try dry soap this year though. As for make up its bronzer, mascara and lip gloss and big shades.

My god I am so over excited now!!!!

This is my first time at Glastonbury too and I'm struggling with the shoe thing.

Really dont' have the legs for skirts with trainers or anything so was planning to wear wellies whatever the weather - do you think I'll survive or might my feet melt in the scorching sun we're gonna have?

Anyone done this before in good weather?

Edited by ButtonMoon

Thanks for the advice - i reckon wellies are the way forward for me whatever the weather and flipflops for round the tent! Feel a bit better now decision has been made.

Gonna start worrying about a bag now :O

Dont' know why I'm worrying so much though, just dont' want to pack the wrong stuff and it spoil things - got that weird really excited but a bit scared tummy thing going on - I quite like it :lol:

Thanks for the advice - i reckon wellies are the way forward for me whatever the weather and flipflops for round the tent! Feel a bit better now decision has been made.

Gonna start worrying about a bag now :O

Dont' know why I'm worrying so much though, just dont' want to pack the wrong stuff and it spoil things - got that weird really excited but a bit scared tummy thing going on - I quite like it :lol:

Ladies, don't forget to pack a scarf, of sorts. I've never been to Glastonbury but have about 17yrs camping behind me and the evenings get bloody cold! Wearing a scarf makes all the difference. You don't need to pack your huge winter warmer, I've got a large cotton one (from Primark I think?) which does the job perfectly, without getting too hot and sweaty as you would with a woolly one.

These are also quite cool, for festivals anyway <_<

http://www.bluebanana.cc/shop/acatalog/Scarves.html

Ladies, don't forget to pack a scarf, of sorts. I've never been to Glastonbury but have about 17yrs camping behind me and the evenings get bloody cold! Wearing a scarf makes all the difference. You don't need to pack your huge winter warmer, I've got a large cotton one (from Primark I think?) which does the job perfectly, without getting too hot and sweaty as you would with a woolly one.

These are also quite cool, for festivals anyway <_<

http://www.bluebanana.cc/shop/acatalog/Scarves.html

Wore warm clothes (t shirt, hoody, waterproof) on top all last year with hotpants and wellies and that seemed to work pretty well - not only are bare legs easier to clean they also dry and therefore warm up quicker. I always carry a pair of either footless tights or leggins in my bag so I can put them on if I do get cold.

Would be very wary about only taking wellies and sandals unless you really do intend to wear wellies the whole time. Sandals are great for round camp but rubbish for wearing while you're watching bands/in any of the main areas as your toes WILL get trampled on. A pair of converse or trainers are a much better option I think.

Take warm hiking socks - they're the best things to wear in your wellies and make your toes lovely and cosy at night when it will be cold whatever the weather is like in the day.

I'd be wary of small rucksacks as a)things can get nicked out of them without you being aware of it and b)you will piss people off who are behind you/when you turn around. I'll be taking the same fake leather silver shoulder bag that somehow survived last year (the worst of the mud got removed with baby wipes every night), the most important thing about it being that it's waterproof - nothing worse than soggy toilet roll - and I really wouldn't recommend leather because of this.

I'd be wary of small rucksacks as a)things can get nicked out of them without you being aware of it and b)you will piss people off who are behind you/when you turn around. I'll be taking the same fake leather silver shoulder bag that somehow survived last year (the worst of the mud got removed with baby wipes every night), the most important thing about it being that it's waterproof - nothing worse than soggy toilet roll - and I really wouldn't recommend leather because of this.

Well I haven't gone for a leather rucksack although I'm still wanting a small rucksack. A messenger style bag absolutely killed my shoulder last year and I couldn't carry it. Surely that's just as likely to pee people off as it's resting on my bum and probably also getting in the way? Hmmm, what to do.....

leggings and a long top or a long vest top with ur wellies are good for the day time saves ur legs getting really muddy and keeps u warm if its a bit chilly !

it gets rather chilly at night so pack something to keep u warm !

and make up is pointless - i take itr but never end up wearing it !

just take dry shampoo for your hair and a nice hat !

xx

leggings and a long top or a long vest top with ur wellies are good for the day time saves ur legs getting really muddy and keeps u warm if its a bit chilly !

it gets rather chilly at night so pack something to keep u warm !

and make up is pointless - i take itr but never end up wearing it !

just take dry shampoo for your hair and a nice hat !

xx

no no its a spray can like deodrant !

have u ever put talcum powder in your hair when its greasy for a quick fix ?? well if u have or havnt it doesnt matter haha its just liek that but smells really nice !

its worth gettin some !!

only cheap from somwhere like quality save , superdrug , wilkinsons !!

<_<