girls what do I need to take and wear?

Guest beamo

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh yeh i need to decide on a bag too! any more suggestions? also bit worried that if i took a rucksack people cud get my monies/phone etc out the back (not sayin i wud get robbed but you never know) or would it b wise to have something round my waist?

I bought a black one of these http://www.lasoutdoors.com/images/Webbing%...sack%20HS04.JPG (haversack) from my local army surplus shop. Cost me £3 something and I can get loads in it! My camera (which is like a small SLR), my poncho, money stuff, small pack of wipes and tissues, smokes and my drink bottle will just hang of it as I've got a karabiner on the lid (http://www.ultimateoutdoors.co.uk/browseall/Karabiner_1176_0_0.html). Looks ok, isn't heavy (as I've been using it loads already for day to day stuff) and is cheap enough to get trashed. And if it's raining I'll just stick the contents in a carrier bag inside the bag... may do this anyway in case of wandering hands - ooh er :wub:

Hi everyone - just thought i'd mention that the festival office emailed me today... there's no mud whatsoever to be seen or found on site! I appreciate that 180,000 feet are going to make a difference to that... but... its a good start eh! Maybe the old flip-flops might come in handy after all... HURRAH! PS: last time i went to Glastonbury i came back with a tan! Imagine!

I bought a black one of these http://www.lasoutdoors.com/images/Webbing%...sack%20HS04.JPG (haversack) from my local army surplus shop. Cost me £3 something and I can get loads in it! My camera (which is like a small SLR), my poncho, money stuff, small pack of wipes and tissues, smokes and my drink bottle will just hang of it as I've got a karabiner on the lid (http://www.ultimateoutdoors.co.uk/browseall/Karabiner_1176_0_0.html). Looks ok, isn't heavy (as I've been using it loads already for day to day stuff) and is cheap enough to get trashed. And if it's raining I'll just stick the contents in a carrier bag inside the bag... may do this anyway in case of wandering hands - ooh er :wub:
Edited by ButtonMoon

Nice bag - does it have straps so you can wear it as a rucksack too...? I'm sure I've seen some like that before. I got really bad shoulder ache last year you see.

Oooooh - and good idea about putting stuff in a carrier bag! Duur, didn't think of that myself although I do keep my phone and camera in a baggy.

Does anyone know the cheapest place to get a mag lite? And are the really small ones good? I've got a big chunky torch which is ok for at the tent but don't really want to carry it round with me in the night.....

Edit: just been looking and the mag lites are veeeeery expensive... well to me anyhow (I have £80 to last me for June!)

The bags that were the next size up had shoulder straps, nothing fancy, and were priced at a fiver I think? Definitely nothing more. As for lights, my mate has picked up a couple of head light torch things for us (http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/Tackle-And-Bait-Reviews/unicom_wind_up_headlamp.html). Don't know where from but they were only £8 and you just wind them up (no batteries!). Has LEDs that you can have on three different settings and it's really bright!! I can't see me using mine actually on my head, but it would work just as well round your neck and it's really bright. Perfect for finding your way back and avoiding those guy ropes. Well recommend it. :lol:
Edited by ButtonMoon

My sixth Glato this year, I'm a very girly girl, in fact a make-up artist and for me it's always important to still feel and look nice.

My top tip is take a bucket! I know, mad.... but all my friends take them. Most mornings we fill them up at the tap, take it to our tents, wash our hair in it, have a full body wash - with sponge and shower gel. (bucket also doubles up as pee bucket in the middle of the night if you're desperate!- disgusting you may think - wait till you need a wee and the loos are miles away! It's alright for the lads isn't it?)

Take a mix of summer and winter clothes, can get very chilly at night if the weather is bad. The weather is often so changeable so layer yourself in thinner things that you can tie around your waist if it gets warmer or you're in a dance tent.

Waterproof mascara, wellies, jeans that tuck in or turn up, summer dresses, flip flops, vest tops, long sleeved light weight top, waterproofs with a hood, a bag that has zips with a flap over it and goes across your body (watch for stray hands in crowds - always harder to get into a zip)

Hope this helps,

Laz x

My sixth Glato this year, I'm a very girly girl, in fact a make-up artist and for me it's always important to still feel and look nice.

My top tip is take a bucket! I know, mad.... but all my friends take them. Most mornings we fill them up at the tap, take it to our tents, wash our hair in it, have a full body wash - with sponge and shower gel. (bucket also doubles up as pee bucket in the middle of the night if you're desperate!- disgusting you may think - wait till you need a wee and the loos are miles away! It's alright for the lads isn't it?)

Take a mix of summer and winter clothes, can get very chilly at night if the weather is bad. The weather is often so changeable so layer yourself in thinner things that you can tie around your waist if it gets warmer or you're in a dance tent.

Waterproof mascara, wellies, jeans that tuck in or turn up, summer dresses, flip flops, vest tops, long sleeved light weight top, waterproofs with a hood, a bag that has zips with a flap over it and goes across your body (watch for stray hands in crowds - always harder to get into a zip)

Hope this helps,

Laz x

Wow what a great thread! I'm an un-girly-girl and thought it might go a bit "where can I plug my hair-straighteners in" like a few did last year but this is seriously useful.

Thanks especially to Laz re take a bucket, that is just FANTASTIC - why have I never heard of that?

My tips, for what they're worth:

Get a Buff for your head. They cover your hair when its horribly skanky but they look cool, plus they keep you warm when its cold and cool when its hot and don't make you sweat

Day bag - kids rucksacks are great. Big enough to get your stuff in but they don't knock people out of your way and plenty of secure pockets so its hard to get dipped.

Totally back the summer dresses thinking - for all the reasons put forward - dead easy to dry, look fine with wellies and can put your jeans on without looking a plank.

Shoes....aaargh! This is something I NEVER get right. Don't want wellies if its hot (which it will be), flip flops fine for hot daytime bimbling but nothing else, trainers look wrong with a dress (or maybe its me?)

Keep up the good work, I'm learning loads!

I'm wearing my walking boots there, as they're the heaviest and will be packing my converse and a pair of flip flops.

As for the bucket above, I've got one of these http://www.cmmonline.co.uk/items/default.asp?id=10400335. Again, picked it up from the local Army shop for a fiver.

It folds down to nothing, and will be dead handy if I have to give in and wash my hair (my hair is huge, long and very curly and feels like shit if I can't wash it every day) or soak my hot dusty feet ;)