girls what do I need to take and wear?

Guest beamo

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theses kind of sandals are good for Glasto:

804d_2.JPG

Flip flops can get pinged off in the crowds.

And not that you asked for my advice but two pairs of boots seems like a lot to acrry (even if you wear one there). Sack off the Uggs and replace the space they take up with booze <_<

I pack several sun dresses (don't forget sun cream!), 1 pair of jeans, 1 denim mini (ish) skirt, hoodie, waterproof jacket, high neck jumper (fab as a layer), brushed cotton 'jamas (cheap as chips from Primark), a t-shirt per day, pants per day, socks per day, 2 bras, 2 bikinis and 2 sports bras. I also throw in a few pairs of knee high socks which are ace under wellies if it does rain - wellie chaf-age on bare legs is horrid.

Footware-wise I take wellies, trainers, flip flops and my trusty doc marten sandals. Seriously, if you have any intention of going to many festivals, buy some - they are an amazing investment. Mine cost me about £40 in 1999 and are still going strong. They get a little softer every year. The big fat sole gives you a bit of extra height, they're designed for walking about all day and mine have ankle straps as well so they don't pop off. I have watched headliners in these badboys and my little toes were fine. They're also awesome if, like me, you have wide feet as they seem to be the one shoe designed with me in mind! I also take flip flops but never wear them watching a headliner or anything, but they're fine for mooching about in the daytime. I just like them as they're so light and don't take up any space so chuck em in. Why not, eh?

For covering nasty hair I have a little cap and a variety of headscarfs. When it was scorching for the first few days of 05, I wore a sombrerro out of sheer desperation and it was an absolute life saver, not to mention it covered my skanky hair!! I'm usually a wash my hair daily girl, so I use dry shampoo each day till Saturday, then wash it under a tap when I spot one that's not too busy, then back to the dry shampoo again till Monday. I take facial cleansing wipes (dermalogica highly reccomended), Johnson's baby wipes, the most perfumed deoderant I can find and have never showered at a festival - it's cheating!!! Make-up wise I take mascara, eyebrow pencil (I look odd without it!), bronzer, vaseline, moisturiser and a large pair of shades which I live behind for the weekend. This way I don't really have to worry about make-up at all - hurrah! I always end up not bothering with it at all by the end of the weekend because you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so what's the point? <_<

Basically, don't worry too much (cos no one else will be) and just have fun. Everyone looks hotter with a smile! :ph34r:

Shoes are a bit of a dilemma for me too.. am taking the obligatory wellies (won't be needed though... :P) and flip flops, but for walking about in the HOT weather :P I want a bit of support but not hot sweaty trainers.

What do we think of these.. Clarks

shoe2.jpg

Or these Kangaroos

shoe.jpg

? I'm undecided what style to get! Anyone got any other ideas?

Really don't want to go for the hiking style sandals, I find they give me gyp all day from all the millions of straps and my stoopidly thin foot skin!

xx :)

Edited by Glastobelle

Shoes are a bit of a dilemma for me too.. am taking the obligatory wellies (won't be needed though... :P) and flip flops, but for walking about in the HOT weather :P I want a bit of support but not hot sweaty trainers.

What do we think of these.. Clarks

shoe2.jpg

Or these Kangaroos

shoe.jpg

? I'm undecided what style to get! Anyone got any other ideas?

Really don't want to go for the hiking style sandals, I find they give me gyp all day from all the millions of straps and my stoopidly thin foot skin!

xx :)

I pack several sun dresses (don't forget sun cream!), 1 pair of jeans, 1 denim mini (ish) skirt, hoodie, waterproof jacket, high neck jumper (fab as a layer), brushed cotton 'jamas (cheap as chips from Primark), a t-shirt per day, pants per day, socks per day, 2 bras, 2 bikinis and 2 sports bras. I also throw in a few pairs of knee high socks which are ace under wellies if it does rain - wellie chaf-age on bare legs is horrid.

Footware-wise I take wellies, trainers, flip flops and my trusty doc marten sandals. Seriously, if you have any intention of going to many festivals, buy some - they are an amazing investment. Mine cost me about £40 in 1999 and are still going strong. They get a little softer every year. The big fat sole gives you a bit of extra height, they're designed for walking about all day and mine have ankle straps as well so they don't pop off. I have watched headliners in these badboys and my little toes were fine. They're also awesome if, like me, you have wide feet as they seem to be the one shoe designed with me in mind! I also take flip flops but never wear them watching a headliner or anything, but they're fine for mooching about in the daytime. I just like them as they're so light and don't take up any space so chuck em in. Why not, eh?

For covering nasty hair I have a little cap and a variety of headscarfs. When it was scorching for the first few days of 05, I wore a sombrerro out of sheer desperation and it was an absolute life saver, not to mention it covered my skanky hair!! I'm usually a wash my hair daily girl, so I use dry shampoo each day till Saturday, then wash it under a tap when I spot one that's not too busy, then back to the dry shampoo again till Monday. I take facial cleansing wipes (dermalogica highly reccomended), Johnson's baby wipes, the most perfumed deoderant I can find and have never showered at a festival - it's cheating!!! Make-up wise I take mascara, eyebrow pencil (I look odd without it!), bronzer, vaseline, moisturiser and a large pair of shades which I live behind for the weekend. This way I don't really have to worry about make-up at all - hurrah! I always end up not bothering with it at all by the end of the weekend because you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, so what's the point? :P

Basically, don't worry too much (cos no one else will be) and just have fun. Everyone looks hotter with a smile! :P

Edited by ButtonMoon

DRY SHAMPOO!!!! i cant believe i ever did festivals without it, i never shower at festivals. i always assume that if you have a shower and get all clean you would be able to smell everyone else.

anyways dry shampoo. its about a pound from superdrug or boots... i straighten my hair before i go to the festivals and in the mornings i put some dry shampoo on cos then i dont get greasy hair, it is just great.

Carex hand gel- also cant believe i ever went without this. much better than festival dry soap, also a bout a pound.

always take baby wipes, descent foundation, perfume, deodorant, eye liner n mascara and a mirror,

i always take loads of pairs of knickers and socks.

1 big coat for nights

1 waterproof coat

my mums cardigan

hoody

few t shirts n jumpers

shorts, skirts (if the weather looks like its going to be good)

pajamas... for that night when you go to bed early cos youve been up for 3 days

gloves, hat and scarf

n a bikini (i always take but never wear)

wellies of course

cons or vans summat like that

one thing i did appreciate last year was one of them eye masks cos i always wake up when its light even when ive only been to sleep for an hour.

It was my first Glasto last year and took SOOOOOOOO many different types of clothes, then predictably wore pretty much one type of outfit all weekend which was this;

DSCF91182.jpg

It was ideal as I looked nice and summery when the sun did come out, but most importantly, I stayed confortable than all weekend as it wasn't cold at all and I dried off really quickly as of course, skin is alot more waterproof and dries more quickly than sodden jeans/trousers and also, the mud was much easier to wash off skin than clothes.

I will be sticking faithfully to my less - is - more rule this year.

In addition the main things I will be taking are -

LOTS of socks

Bikini top (fingers crossed for sun)

nice warm clothes for night time missions

Also, one bonus was my hair. I know it sounds minging but after a couple of days of dirt, being rained on and drying out several times and not being brushed it actually started to look quite good in a hippy festy chick kind of way!

I take combats but only ever seem to wear them to arrive and leave in so this year I will only take the pair I arrive in.

Shorts all weekend for me. Even when the weather is foul, as it was last year, June is never really that cold. Legs just dry off really quick and as long as your top half and feet are warm, you won't really feel the cold on your legs. Dresses are also good for similar reasons but I find them a bit more awkward for sitting down and getting up without showing the world your knickers - I've definitely got to an age where no-one wants to see that! So I'm more relaxed in shorts.

My biggest clothes tips would be to think of the most socks you could possibly need and double it, and make sure your waterproof is actually waterproof.

My other recommendation is to take a whole roll of binliners and some duct tape This will compensate for any clothing or footwear. shortfalls. Honest!

You also have to believe that no-one will care what you look like - not even you.

Guest SmallNations Team

so far i have to find room in my bag for :

wellies

tutu

another tutu

some leggings

warm pj's

a huge hoodie

towel

bin liners and ducttape...

pant and socks

anything else???

My full checklist of 'stuffs to take'

Camping Stuffs

tent

sleeping bag

pump up bed

pillow

2 x folding chairs

cool box

picnic cups, plates & cutlery

toilet rolls

disposable BBQ and food for first day (steak kebabs, ricenpeas & new potatos yum!)

Snacking stuffs

8 x Water (2litre) (17p each from tesco by the way)

orange squash

grapes

muffins for breakfast

multibag of crisps

beers

Clothes stuffs

3 x tshirt

2 x roll neck jumper

1 x skinny jeans

1 x knee length combat shorts

pants and socks (loads)

Pjs :lol:

Hoodie

kag in bag

bikini

glasses

sun glasses

fishing hat

wooly hat

wellies

jelly shoes

outfit to travel there: tshirt, cardigan, skinny jeans, trainers.

Toiletries Stuffs

shampoo & shower gel in one

towel

tampons

deoderant

hair brush

tooth brush and paste

wet wipes

make-up

sun cream

paracetamol

hayfever tabs

It is a tricky one. I think I took wellies and flip flops last year. I wore my wellies the whole time. Someone did point out before on here that flip flops are a bad idea due to toe crushing incidents which I'd never even thought of before! Durr. I think bringing flip flops in the first place was just wishful thinking!!

If it's looking like we may have some sun I may take trainers too.