Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, people, seriously. You're all being a bit too negative. If there is one thing about Glastonbury, it is about embracing positivity. The forecast is SUNSHINE and showers. Note the word SUNSHINE. There will be SUNSHINE and it will, at least for some of the time, be SUNNY.

Take wellies. That is sensible. It isn't going to be manky though, I feel safe in saying that. Let's have a blast people.

Two positives:

1) I'm not quite sure when this is updated, but while it looks wet, it doesn't look like we're getting a deluge.

2) It looks quite nice next week, when the best festival in the world is just a memory.

I know, I know... but I'm trying.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/9panel/gfsx...9panel_eur.html

Edited by slicktony

I'm about 20 mins from the site at the mo - and its been an absolutely gorgeous afternoon

cloudy until lunch time then warm balmy sun all afternoon in the evening - I was all geared up for rain and mud, and now I'm a buit gutted at the prospect as I remember how nice it is when the weather puts in a good show

I think the amount of sun plays a massive role actually - everyone gets a bit glum when it rains but its worse when the sun completely vanishes

I dont mind a bit of rain, as long as the sun makes an appearance too - I love the cheers that go around the site when the sun comes out on a gloomy day - nowhere else have I found myself cheering the arrival of the sun, I guess thats one of the many things that makes the place so great

Look, people, seriously. You're all being a bit too negative. If there is one thing about Glastonbury, it is about embracing positivity. The forecast is SUNSHINE and showers. Note the word SUNSHINE. There will be SUNSHINE and it will, at least for some of the time, be SUNNY.

Take wellies. That is sensible. It isn't going to be manky though, I feel safe in saying that. Let's have a blast people.

I'm more sad at the prospect of 23 mph winds+showers on wednesday when trying to put up a massive tent I've never used before.

Sun is better of course, sitting whereever you like is a huge bonus but I did have my best year last year.

Nice one. We shall drink together then. And the sun will come out, and the mud will dry, and fun will be had.

I've got the dvd playing here, and it was a bad move - there's no way I'm sleeping now, as technically I'm off tomorrow, as we are staying overnight quite close to the site. Grinning like mad.