Where's our weather thread?

Guest leland

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so far the consensus seems to be (ignoring accubollox and metwearenothingtodowiththemetofficecheck)

Rainy and showers wednesday and thursday, these are the heaviest days for rain... hopefully it wont be too heavy. Start clearing up friday with the possibility of a few more showers, although it could be quite warm when its not raining. Saturday and sunday should be pretty dry and maybe/hopefully warm?

This is the way i read it anyway and I doesnt sound too bad, certainly its getting better than what we expected a few days ago

Ok so far the consensus seems to be (ignoring accubollox and metwearenothingtodowiththemetofficecheck)

Rainy and showers wednesday and thursday, these are the heaviest days for rain... hopefully it wont be too heavy. Start clearing up friday with the possibility of a few more showers, although it could be quite warm when its not raining. Saturday and sunday should be pretty dry and maybe/hopefully warm?

This is the way i read it anyway and I doesnt sound too bad, certainly its getting better than what we expected a few days ago

The new drainage is just a sieve that seperates festivalgoers from their equipment at the bottom of Pennnards Hill. :blink:

Thats a point

Anyway we will see what countryfile has to say tomorrow, I feel its going to be OK...still positive.

A few showers wont turn it too muddy. I think its all dependant on how much of the forecasted rain/showers we get on wednesday and thursday.

I thought that the drainage system was to prevent the old railway line acting as a dam and creating a lake as the water flows down the slope? Not sure that it will do much to prevent water build up elsewhere on site. And it won't stop the rain!

Having said that I agree with whoever suggested packing wellies & waterproofs to ensure a relatively rain-free festy. I did that for Sunrise and the sun shone for days in defiance of the weather forcast.

Well if that's the case, but no one answered the Murr question.............The good news is that the site shouldn't be too dry, from the weather in previous weeks hasn't been brilliant solidly, so the ground must be able to suck up more than it did in 2005 even if it is clay.

The bad mudbaths are caused usually due to lots of surface run off & surface run off happens either if the soil is too dry(as in 2005) and if the soil has reached saturation point (97 98). so if we have nice moist soil and not to heavy rain then we may avoid a total mudbath

The bad mudbaths are caused usually due to lots of surface run off & surface run off happens either if the soil is too dry(as in 2005) and if the soil has reached saturation point (97 98). so if we have nice moist soil and not to heavy rain then we may avoid a total mudbath

Oh ffs. I really am getting a bit disheartened now.

I've been hoping so much that the forecasts would change closer to the time but now that it's close enought to predict the weather with any degree of confidence and it's gonna bloody well p!ss down for 4 out of the 5 days we're there.

Two months of dieting, £60 on sunbeds and a fortune on tiny little clothes to shown of my new figure in the sun and I'm gonna spend the weekend in wellies and a kagoule.

Brilliant :blink: