Exit Festival, Novi Sad, Serbia

Guest bodgers

Does anyone know how easy it is to go back and forth between Belgrade and Novi Sad on a daily basis? are there daily buses and/or trains? is it worth hiring a car? As I'm staying at 4* hotel in Belgrade city centre. Was contemplating staying in the camp site but I physically and mentally can't keep going for 4 days without sleep. I tried booking somewhere in Novi Sad but nowehere has an online booking facility and they just don't reply to emails, full stop.

Can't really understand why everyone is flying into Budapest - seems like a lot of a*sing about to me, but that's just my opinion. I managed to get a return flight from Manchester to Belgrade via frankfurt for £198.

Budapest is by far the most beautiful city on the river Danube, Novi Sad is like smaller version of Budapest

with it's capital part on flatland on the left side of the river and a mountine with a fortress on the right side,

Belgrade is ugly, it was under Turks for 500 years while Novi Sad and it's citizens enjoyed austrian civilisation,

coming to Exit and staying in Belgrade just don't work man, try harder to book a hotel i NS, try Hotel Park

it's new, it's big, it's modern and it's in Novi Sad, Exit is not party only in the workin hours only at the

fortress, Exit is 24h party for min 4 days allaround the city, come, expirience and you'll see that I wasn't

sh*ting you

Can`t belive you said that, Belgrade is biggest city in Balkan (3 milion citizens) and it is everything but no ugly. Beautiful place, with two diferent parts , newone and modern- north of Danube, and oldone and charming (south of Danube).

I`m from Vojvodina (northern province of Serbia) but i live in Belgrade and I love it !!!

Decission to accomodate in Belgrade and travel every day on relation Belgrade-Novi Sad is definitely bad! You have buses every 30 minuts and trains every hour, but the point is to feel the atmosfere in Novi Sad during the festival, your decision, but i think it is bad. Better solution is to rent apartmant in Novi Sad for that four days then travel every day and night. After 2 days you gonna be sick of that cause you will get tired.. I recomand to change decision, but choice is all yours. Cheers.

Mario, Serbia

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all! Just wondering if anyone recons the campsite will sell out? Has it sold out in the past? Could I hold off booking it until I arrive for the festival.

I'm heading over to the fest from Ireland with a few mates and we're still not sure if we might get hostel/Apartment accomadation or campsite.

Hi Folks

Last chance to book tickets to or from EXIT. We still have availability on some of our transfers. We have 4 seats still going on our bus from Budapest Ferihegy direct to Novi Sad on 6th July, 6 seats left on the coach from Novi Sad to Budapest Airport on 10th July, and 3 seats on the Novi Sad to Budapest coach on the 11th July.

Tickets are £20 per person single, or £40 per person return. No taxis to the train station, no waiting around till 23.30 for the train, and arrival / pick up point is right by the festival and campsite.

Check out our website at www.eufest.freewebspace.com, or email us on eufest@yahoo.co.uk for more details.

See you in Serbia guys

Derm :blink:

Does anyone know how easy it is to go back and forth between Belgrade and Novi Sad on a daily basis? are there daily buses and/or trains? is it worth hiring a car? As I'm staying at 4* hotel in Belgrade city centre. Was contemplating staying in the camp site but I physically and mentally can't keep going for 4 days without sleep. I tried booking somewhere in Novi Sad but nowehere has an online booking facility and they just don't reply to emails, full stop.

Can't really understand why everyone is flying into Budapest - seems like a lot of a*sing about to me, but that's just my opinion. I managed to get a return flight from Manchester to Belgrade via frankfurt for £198.

Budapest is by far the most beautiful city on the river Danube, Novi Sad is like smaller version of Budapest

with it's capital part on flatland on the left side of the river and a mountine with a fortress on the right side,

Belgrade is ugly, it was under Turks for 500 years while Novi Sad and it's citizens enjoyed austrian civilisation,

coming to Exit and staying in Belgrade just don't work man, try harder to book a hotel i NS, try Hotel Park

it's new, it's big, it's modern and it's in Novi Sad, Exit is not party only in the workin hours only at the

fortress, Exit is 24h party for min 4 days allaround the city, come, expirience and you'll see that I wasn't

sh*ting you

Can`t belive you said that, Belgrade is biggest city in Balkan (3 milion citizens) and it is everything but no ugly. Beautiful place, with two diferent parts , newone and modern- north of Danube, and oldone and charming (south of Danube).

I`m from Vojvodina (northern province of Serbia) but i live in Belgrade and I love it !!!

Decission to accomodate in Belgrade and travel every day on relation Belgrade-Novi Sad is definitely bad! You have buses every 30 minuts and trains every hour, but the point is to feel the atmosfere in Novi Sad during the festival, your decision, but i think it is bad. Better solution is to rent apartmant in Novi Sad for that four days then travel every day and night. After 2 days you gonna be sick of that cause you will get tired.. I recomand to change decision, but choice is all yours. Cheers.

Mario, Serbia

I can understand what you're saying but a 30 minute trip really is no big deal. People in the UK really do live a different way of live, those of us that live in or around major cities (I live in the suburbs of Manchester) are used to sitting in rush hour traffic for 2 hours plus, just to get to work.

Not only that, I wasn't able to firmly book any Novi Sad hotel online and/or make an instant payment by Visa to secure a booking. OK, online booking isnt the deal breaker but I want to pay for accomodation and be invoiced for it by a reputible company, so when I turn up after a long flight or two I have some form of comeback if there's a problem with the booking or be told that my room has been given to someone else. No offence intended but the whole 'place your booking using the online form then pay us when you get here' scenario just really isn't acceptable to me. I would imagine that plenty of people are willing to do this, but I've been plagued by problems in the past doing this on one occasion. I want to be able to turn up at the hotel and just relax, this is essentially mine and my girlfs holiday this year and we don't want to be fannying about at midnight or having arguments with hotel staff over bookings. If that means staying in Belgrade, so be it.

I can understand what you're saying but a 30 minute trip really is no big deal. People in the UK really do live a different way of live, those of us that live in or around major cities (I live in the suburbs of Manchester) are used to sitting in rush hour traffic for 2 hours plus, just to get to work.

Not only that, I wasn't able to firmly book any Novi Sad hotel online and/or make an instant payment by Visa to secure a booking. OK, online booking isnt the deal breaker but I want to pay for accomodation and be invoiced for it by a reputible company, so when I turn up after a long flight or two I have some form of comeback if there's a problem with the booking or be told that my room has been given to someone else. No offence intended but the whole 'place your booking using the online form then pay us when you get here' scenario just really isn't acceptable to me. I would imagine that plenty of people are willing to do this, but I've been plagued by problems in the past doing this on one occasion. I want to be able to turn up at the hotel and just relax, this is essentially mine and my girlfs holiday this year and we don't want to be fannying about at midnight or having arguments with hotel staff over bookings. If that means staying in Belgrade, so be it.

Hi guys, quick question... 3 friends and myself are arriving in Novi Sad for EXIT on the 3rd, we have camping booked from the 4th onwards, any ideas where we can book some accomodation for the one night? we won't be getting in til about 10 at night and quite fancy checking out some bars etc but could do with somewhere to drop our stuff and get our heads down for a few hours. Its pretty tricky finding somewhere online to book in Novi Sad! Cheers muchly!

Have you tried looking at the forum on the EXIT website (http://www.exitfest.org/index.php?option=c...howcat&catid=36)?

Amongst all the people offering flats, etc for rent for the weekend there are some hotels & hostels where you might be able to get a room, although if you are looking to book online you may struggle as it doesn't seem to be an option offered by many places over there.

Derm

Hi there!

Just to make something clear, traveling btw. Belgrade and Novi Sad takes, at best, 60 minutes one way, by bus, and anything btw. 1,5 to 2 hours by train.

As for staying somewhere for a night or two only, hotel named after England's protector-saint :blink: can provide that for the following periods: 03rd-04th of July, 04th-07th, 08th-10th, and beside that, they still have the cheapest accommodation in Novi Sad and have 8 twin bed rooms left!

you can reach them by mail on valhar@ns.sbb.co.yu or by phone at 00 381 64 328 55 26

Cheers!

Does anybody knows anything about weather during the festival? Last year was rainy, and yesterday i went to Novi Sad and it was hot like in hell.. maybe 35 degrees.. I want to be the same as yesterday, cafe del Danube is great on hot weather.. chillin` area.. beach and Danube are full of people ..

I`m getting excited... more and more every day :blink: I Love Novi Sad in exit time!!!!

Mario

Does anybody knows anything about weather during the festival? Last year was rainy, and yesterday i went to Novi Sad and it was hot like in hell.. maybe 35 degrees.. I want to be the same as yesterday, cafe del Danube is great on hot weather.. chillin` area.. beach and Danube are full of people ..

I`m getting excited... more and more every day :blink: I Love Novi Sad in exit time!!!!

Mario

It's hard to predict even for professional meteorologists what the weather will be like, I heard some scary announcements of heavy summer showers/storms from 6th - 13th of July, but my guts feeling (I'm an astronomer as well as a hotel's assist. manager) tells me that all showers will drain them selves out by the beginig of July and that we will all enjoy nice hot weather :P

Few of us from London but natives of Novi Sad are making our annual pilgrimage to Exit Fest.

We have some spare tickets and can also arrange accommodation ( some of our friends move out of their flats so they can rent them out during exit).

Ticket prices are orund £60 and price of flats are negotiable.

HAPPY EXIT

Hi. I'm going to Exit for the first time this year; can't wait.

Basically just wanted to find out a bit about currency exchange to Dinars in Novi Sad. It says on the Exit website that there will be an exchange in the campsite. Is this true and how easy will it be to use? Also is it easier/better to exchange Euros or Pounds Sterling?

Cheers,

Liam.

Hi. I'm going to Exit for the first time this year; can't wait.

Basically just wanted to find out a bit about currency exchange to Dinars in Novi Sad. It says on the Exit website that there will be an exchange in the campsite. Is this true and how easy will it be to use? Also is it easier/better to exchange Euros or Pounds Sterling?

Cheers,

Liam.

Hi Liam

I enquired about this on the Exit Forum, was told that you can only really buy dinars in Serbia, there is some places in budapest but very hard to find. Was also told only to get as many as you need as you wont be able to change them when your home in UK / Ireland and somtimes its even hard to get them changed back to Euros/Sterling in Novi Sad. Check out the exit forum, its usually pretty helpful, 8 days to go!!

I know this question has probably been asked a million times but is anyone getting the bus from Budapest to Novi Sad?

I know that there is a private one running direct from the Airport to exit but unfortunatley my flight dosnt land until near 7 and I dont fancy hanging around Budapest until the next day.

I know that there is trains running from Budapest to Novi at midnight, but from the amount of english/irish going this route and who are landing before us, im just a bit worried that all the tickets will be sold for the train before we even reach the train station.

Any comments are much appreciated!!

Kev