Way Out West 2024

ParanoidTourist

35 minutes ago, branvan said:

The Line Up of the year... 😃 Is there eveything in walking distance? Can you walk from the sation to the park? I suggest there are trams and busses too?... 

Trams go from the centre to the park, but they get very busy coming back after the headliners.  It is walkable (and mostly downhill) back into the centre afterwards, maybe 30-40 minutes to the area round the station.  There are "Stay Out" shows after the music in the park ends, and some of the venues for those are walkable from the park.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marty76 said:

Just bought my tickets, first time I'll be in Sweden. Looking forward to it very much, especially the Thursday has an amazing set of headliners! Does anyone know capacity of the festival?

Great, welcome to Sweden!

I agree with what is written above concerning capacity. If I compare with Rock Werchter it´s easier to get a good spot during the concerts at WOW. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously considering coming to this. I've got a flight landing at about 2pm, so potentially could get on site at 4pm. I am likely to miss anything?

Also, what's the difference between acts like Maisie Peters being listed as playing 'Way Out West' vs. those as 'Slottsskogen'? Is that just a quirk of the lineup page? I know there's the late night 'Stay Out West', but this is not that.

7 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Seriously considering coming to this. I've got a flight landing at about 2pm, so potentially could get on site at 4pm. I am likely to miss anything?

Also, what's the difference between acts like Maisie Peters being listed as playing 'Way Out West' vs. those as 'Slottsskogen'? Is that just a quirk of the lineup page? I know there's the late night 'Stay Out West', but this is not that.

The line-up is indeed very good this year. I think the concerts start around 2-2.30 pm so you might miss the first 1 or 2 acts of the day. 

About the Way Out West vs Slottsskogen venue I think it means the same place since "Slottsskogen" is the actual festival location. 

• Thanks 1