Money Saving efests dot com

Crazyfool01

Not a huge thing but changed my SIM card from o2 to still being with o2 but instead of 10 quid a month it is now 5 quid for 10gb data which isn’t half mad imo. 

o2 also do 2 cinema tickets for 9 quid at Vue cinemas via o2 priority which again is a good deal cause can be used on weekends. Also can get 3 free months of Disney plus. 

Nothing earth shattering I know but just a couple things which spring to mind from the last week or so. 

• 5 months later...

Deciding whether to fix energy prices can be tough. Personally, I focus on reducing energy consumption as a way to save money. Simple changes like switching to LED bulbs, using smart thermostats, and being mindful of appliance usage can make a difference. Also, reviewing and optimizing mobile and internet plans can offer savings. It's about finding those small, everyday efficiencies that, when added up, can significantly reduce monthly expenses.

21 hours ago, Barry Fish said:

My house still had its original 1989 G rated boiler and radiators.  I am on a low cost tariff thanks to fixing at the right time a few years ago but my direct debit was £250 a month.

Upgraded the boiler last year to A rated one, upgraded radiators, installed HIVE and Smart TRVs on all the rads.  Got interest free credit over 4 years so not even my money.

Todays direct debit is $115 a month and so the whole thing is paying for itself.  Return on investment is 40 months.  So net no cost to me.

Nice.

As for my own further input - I'm not sure about everyone's council, but my own seems to do grants for a whole host of things. One grant I was allowed came to £5K. That was a £5K saving to me on an overall cost of £7K. Worth looking into.