My first time in 12 years

Breeze

It was nearly perfect. Could have done with 5 degrees less heat at times, but apart from that it was incredible. 

Was worried about the increase in population since I went in 2011 but it never really bothered me - I think there are so many more attractions now that people are much more spread out than before (on the whole). Silver Hayes *way* better than what was there in 2011 and so is the SE corner. 

I guess if I miss anything its that the peace and love vibe seems to be taking more of a back seat these days. We hippies seem well diluted now.

Interestingly I saw *way* less booze/drug casualties than 10 years ago too. 

But maybe that is more of a 'where I went' thing.

I didn't get time to do everything I wanted to do by half so will need to try again in October!

On 6/27/2023 at 1:03 PM, Breeze said:

It was nearly perfect. Could have done with 5 degrees less heat at times, but apart from that it was incredible. 

Was worried about the increase in population since I went in 2011 but it never really bothered me - I think there are so many more attractions now that people are much more spread out than before (on the whole). Silver Hayes *way* better than what was there in 2011 and so is the SE corner. 

I guess if I miss anything its that the peace and love vibe seems to be taking more of a back seat these days. We hippies seem well diluted now.

Interestingly I saw *way* less booze/drug casualties than 10 years ago too. 

But maybe that is more of a 'where I went' thing.

I didn't get time to do everything I wanted to do by half so will need to try again in October!

Glad you had a good time mate. Agree on pretty much everything you've said.

We started coming in our early 20’s in 1993 and this year was our 14th visit and our first since 2015

Can’t complain about anything, it’s just such a lovely place with its own special vibration. 

Seems like loads less dope smoking ( we were still rolling up like good un’s though) and way way less acid than the 90’s ( I think everyone watching the Orb at the NME stage in 93 was tripping🤪)

we’re in our 50’s now and apart from feeling our age from stomping around we had as much fun as we always did.

It’s a reset for the soul❤️