Coach to Bristol Airport?

Outsided

2 hours ago, donthaveacoolname said:

Hi, best option if your on your own is get the bus back to Bristol and the Bristol flyer airport shuttle out to the airport (if there's a group of you a taxi/uber might be a better option)

I'm solo on this leg of the trip.

Are the busses back to Bristol  prebookable??

Thanks for the help.

5 hours ago, Outsided said:

I'm solo on this leg of the trip.

Are the busses back to Bristol  prebookable??

Thanks for the help.

I'm afraid I can'help you with that one, sorry, I know I looked on the national express site before and I couldn't see a one way option, that could have changed, as far as I can remember there is a ticket office at the festival bus station, others might be able to help with that one..... 

You could try posting in the "lift share" form and you might find someone to share a taxi with..... 

9 hours ago, LemonDrop said:

Yeh, if you head to the normal National Express site (not the glasto specific URL), you can book single journeys from the festival to Bristol. I’d be quick though, doubt there’s many left this close to the festival!

I picked up a 5am Monday morning ticket.

Ill see how Monday morning works out and if I can slip to a slightly later departure by accident 

Had a 5.30 am coach booked.

Rocked up and strolled onto the 7.30 am coach. 

Staff super helpful, was was in Bristol at 9.05am even with traffic.

Queue for the castle cary coach was back to pedal gate A at 7.20am.

NX ftw.

Posted for closure and FYI for future folks.

• 7 months later...

@Outsided I have a national express coach ticket booked for 3am on the Monday morning this year. Can you reassure me that I'll be guaranteed my seat on this and people booked on other timed coaches won't fill this up? I have a flight to catch and this is the only viable coach. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Max97 said:

@Outsided I have a national express coach ticket booked for 3am on the Monday morning this year. Can you reassure me that I'll be guaranteed my seat on this and people booked on other timed coaches won't fill this up? I have a flight to catch and this is the only viable coach. Thanks!

No guarantee, but my experience last year...
Had an 8:00 am National Express booked from Glasto to Bristol on Monday morning. Rolled up maybe 20 mins early, cursory look at my ticket, staff loaded my big bag in a box truck and I boarded with my backpack. Coach was maybe half full. 10 mins later is was about full and we departed. No particular traffic that I noticed and an easy ride to Bristol Coach Station.
The only rub was that the box truck with my bag didn't arrive for another 20-25 minutes.
It may have been waiting to load the gear from the next coach.

If you have a tight connection, you may want to ask to keep your baggage on the coach. There was enough space for some, though not enough space for everyone's.

@Mike A Thanks for your reply. Some interesting information. The main points to take away being, arrive early, keep our bags on our person and hope for the best 😄 You'd assume you'd be guaranteed a seat on the time you've booked, people choose these times for a reason! I'm sure it'll all run smoothly however. The flight should certainly be interesting after powering through the last night...

4 hours ago, Max97 said:

@Mike A Thanks for your reply. Some interesting information. The main points to take away being, arrive early, keep our bags on our person and hope for the best 😄 You'd assume you'd be guaranteed a seat on the time you've booked, people choose these times for a reason! I'm sure it'll all run smoothly however. The flight should certainly be interesting after powering through the last night...

That's why I get a little AirBnB attic room in Bristol for Monday night. A proper shower, a long nap, and a sit down pub meal make the flight home from Bristol almost pleasant.
And no stress about getting out of Glasto at any particular time. But I recognize that's a luxury of time that doesn't apply to everyone.
Good luck. I expect you'll have no problem getting a coach at your preferred time.

@Mike A As you mention, that's a luxury of time that doesn't apply to everyone. Onto a flight for another festival 😍 Fingers crossed won't have any problems at that time of morning. Will make sure I'm at the coach stop with plenty of time as the flight is at 6am! I at least have 24 hours once I land to have a shower, a nights sleep and some food before it all starts again 😄 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, 

We're also travelling to/from Bristol Airport. We're staying in Worthy Farm so don't need a tent etc but do need beers. 

Is a taxi with a stop at a supermarket along the way our best bet? Presume there's no beer collection service at the festival?!

On the Monday then, can we book a bus direct from the festival to Bristol Airport? Our flight isn't until the Monday evening so could head to Bristol first if easier. Had a look on the National Express site but it's not showing as being available to book...

Cheers 

10 hours ago, bryano1000 said:

Hi folks, 

We're also travelling to/from Bristol Airport. We're staying in Worthy Farm so don't need a tent etc but do need beers. 

Is a taxi with a stop at a supermarket along the way our best bet? Presume there's no beer collection service at the festival?!

On the Monday then, can we book a bus direct from the festival to Bristol Airport? Our flight isn't until the Monday evening so could head to Bristol first if easier. Had a look on the National Express site but it's not showing as being available to book...

Cheers 

No, they expect you to use the various bars. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 10:15 PM, bryano1000 said:

Hi folks, 

Cheers 

2 of us were looking to do the same to the festival if there was 2 of you and we arrived similar times we could share the taxi costs perhaps? Think we would be looking at leaving airport at about 11am on the weds