Walk from gate D to C before entry

Stu 3b

21 minutes ago, Stu 3b said:

Hey, I normally enter through gate D. I am solo but have friends queuing at gate c. Is there a way to walk around to queue with them (d to c) or am I too ambitious 😄

technically yes it is possible but it is a big trek that could be avoided by all parking on the same side or meeting up when you get through the gates

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Stu 3b said:

Hey, I normally enter through gate D. I am solo but have friends queuing at gate c. Is there a way to walk around to queue with them (d to c) or am I too ambitious 😄

You'd be mad to try it.

Either park on the same side, directions here https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/

Or join your normal queue where the others in the queue will become your new best friends and then meet your old friends at a prearranged place/time.

• Thanks 1

hi guys - been trying high and low to look for an answer but hoping this group might be able to help!

Does anyone know if it's possible to walk from gate D to gate A to pick up tickets from the box office? We are staying in one of the camps west of gate D (Glastotel), but need to go and pick up tickets from gate A as we are coming from the US.

Alternatively, I think that we will have to drive by gate A but again, seems like that is an issue.

Any insights would be appreciated!

1 hour ago, BambooShanks said:

technically yes it is possible but it is a big trek that could be avoided by all parking on the same side or meeting up when you get through the gates

Thanks for the reply! Yeah we are coming from different locations and one camperin in c so not doesnt work to park same side. 

22 minutes ago, tgf 56 said:

hi guys - been trying high and low to look for an answer but hoping this group might be able to help!

Does anyone know if it's possible to walk from gate D to gate A to pick up tickets from the box office? We are staying in one of the camps west of gate D (Glastotel), but need to go and pick up tickets from gate A as we are coming from the US.

Alternatively, I think that we will have to drive by gate A but again, seems like that is an issue.

Yeah this is an easy walk inside the gate or out!

27 minutes ago, Stu 3b said:

Yeah this is an easy walk inside the gate or out!

Oh excellent. Thanks. Have been fretting a little bit about that! Do they ban you from walking along the roads so it's just a case of finding any way round the perimeter?

Seems like we wouldn't be able to stop in a car outside gate A anyway.

55 minutes ago, tgf 56 said:

You won't be able to drive to Gate A but it's walkable just as if you had parked in the car parks - bit further because you're in an off site camp. The people at Glastotel should know the answer to how far it is. Just don't go to Gate D first - head straight for A.

19 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

You won't be able to drive to Gate A but it's walkable just as if you had parked in the car parks - bit further because you're in an off site camp. The people at Glastotel should know the answer to how far it is. Just don't go to Gate D first - head straight for A.

got it - thank you.

39 minutes ago, tgf 56 said:

Oh excellent. Thanks. Have been fretting a little bit about that! Do they ban you from walking along the roads so it's just a case of finding any way round the perimeter?

Seems like we wouldn't be able to stop in a car outside gate A anyway.

Correct, you can’t stop in a car anywhere other than the official car parks. You won’t be able to walk along the roads either. But there are footpaths through the fields. The good folk at your offsite camp will be able to advise you.

Edited by phillyfaddle
Updated info

17 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

To put it in perspective, gate A to gate B is 2 miles. D to C is at least 4 miles and that assumes you can walk direct from D to A and B to C, remember these are fields which have hedgerows and fences that you will find difficult to get over.

5 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

To put it in perspective, gate A to gate B is 2 miles. D to C is at least 4 miles and that assumes you can walk direct from D to A and B to C, remember these are fields which have hedgerows and fences that you will find difficult to get over.

I've had to do the walk from Gate A/D to B a few times and it's a mission.  You've got the choice of taking a longer (but easier) route, going over rough terrain and having to constantly sweet talk every steward you come across as you'll most likely be walking in parts of the site that are restricted to the locals / festival access routes.