Rivermead alternative

DeanoL

Since our regular spot at the far side of Rivermead is gone I'm curious where else people would recommend.

Basically looking for a quieter spot where we won't have issues getting space for three tents on Wednesday afternoon. I'm guessing Baileys/Backhouse/Rigs are the new most out of the way places?

How busy are Hitchin and Lime Kiln?

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Have only ever camped in Hitchin Hill, Lime Kiln and Michaels Mead. We got a spot in Lime Kiln last year on Thursday morning. Clean and quiet at night.

Although a pisser that the milky milky guys weren't doing the morning rounds.

Lime kiln Is near gate A as well, may try there then. Didn't think it'd be quiet being quite near woodsies and Pyramid.

4 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Lime kiln Is near gate A as well, may try there then. Didn't think it'd be quiet being quite near woodsies and Pyramid.

Nothing happens at night over that neck of the, err, woods.

Great views of the whole site. No one tripping over tent wires etc either. Just the gentle hum of the site and the Arcadia fire thing every 20 seconds or so. 

Toilets and taps etc close by aswell. And a lock up down the bottom of the hill if you want to leave booze, fags and mags in there. 

7 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Depends when you plan to sleep really - larger stages shut up shop and go quiet for the night, but they can start soundchecking early in the morning which might not be your thing if you've been out late-night.  Very quiet near the pyramid as there's no real late-night stuff there either, nearer to Woodsies and there's San Remo & SH to think about. 

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Nothing happens at night over that neck of the, err, woods.

Great views of the whole site. No one tripping over tent wires etc either. Just the gentle hum of the site and the Arcadia fire thing every 20 seconds or so. 

Toilets and taps etc close by aswell. And a lock up down the bottom of the hill if you want to leave booze, fags and mags in there. 

Sounds perfect, will give it a go I think. Funny how when I was camping at rigs last year i could hear that bastard arcadia fire 🔥