Sticklinch parking question

ilovelanegan

I've searched the site (and Sticklinch pages) but can't find an obvious answer to this. My friend has a booking in Sticklinch with her group, I'm just doing regular camping with other friends, but the two of us want to drive down to site together as nobody else lives nearby. Anyone know if she can park at Sticklinch and I can enter the site from there? Or will they turn me/ us away as my name isn't down for accommodation?

Also, she doesn't have a parking ticket yet and can only see Worthy View ones on SeeTickets atm... is it a turn-up-and-pay-on-the-gate situation or prepaid only, ie has she already missed the boat?

You'd think after ten Glastonburys I would know this stuff by now  👀

22 minutes ago, ilovelanegan said:

I've searched the site (and Sticklinch pages) but can't find an obvious answer to this. My friend has a booking in Sticklinch with her group, I'm just doing regular camping with other friends, but the two of us want to drive down to site together as nobody else lives nearby. Anyone know if she can park at Sticklinch and I can enter the site from there? Or will they turn me/ us away as my name isn't down for accommodation?

Also, she doesn't have a parking ticket yet and can only see Worthy View ones on SeeTickets atm... is it a turn-up-and-pay-on-the-gate situation or prepaid only, ie has she already missed the boat?

You'd think after ten Glastonburys I would know this stuff by now  👀

Don’t think you can enter the site from there. Only ever done WV but you need the WV wristband to enter the main site from the campsite. Sticklinch will be the same. You might have to be dropped off near the site and just walk to nearest gate, probably gate A. Parking payment should be on see tickets for Sticklinch . Check see tickets Glastonbury customer services. 

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

You would have to go through a gate to get your wristband. the carpark to Gate d isn't far but it would be a busy lane 

Ah of course, the wristband oversight 🤦🏼‍♀️ I take it Sticklinch/WV have a stash of festival wristbands for named guests only then, to allow them to enter into the site that way? I don't really fancy being dropped on the side of the road TBH so may require a rethink!

12 hours ago, ilovelanegan said:

Ah of course, the wristband oversight 🤦🏼‍♀️ I take it Sticklinch/WV have a stash of festival wristbands for named guests only then, to allow them to enter into the site that way? I don't really fancy being dropped on the side of the road TBH so may require a rethink!

You get a QR code which works for the number of people on your tent booking - e.g. 4 person tent, the QR code works 4 times, for 4 Sticklinch wristbands. 

So if your friend is in a tent which is planned to be under occupied (e.g. 3 people sharing a 4-person tent), you could in theory use their code to get a Sticklinch wristband, and enter that way.

The other obvious option - the turnoff to the Sticklinch car park (from the A361) is pretty close to where you access Gate D.

• Upvote 1

Thanks all, yep if they have an extra berth then I'll just use a spare code to 'sign in' - need to find out! Otherwise gate D could be an option - I don't think it's fair asking her to trek across site with me when she's driving (although it's her first time so she may not know any different 👀 👀🤣