First time driving from Southampton

CKGlasto

Hey, 

Just looking for any tips and advice - will keep looking through forum but wanted to ask too. 

This is my 7th Glasto, but first time driving from Southampton. 

I always drive from Cardiff, leave at 4/5am, park in orange or pink, gate D, camp at Oxlyers, best time ever. 

We'll obviously be coming from the other side this time and debating parking on East Side, going through gate B/C and trecking over the site to Oxlyers - but it seems like such a walk! 

Or if I want to stick to West Side and orange/pink gate D, how easy is it to get to the other side? When /how should I get over there? Will I get caught in traffic? Have people done this before? Or parked east and walked over? 

Advice / tips please! 

See you all next week 🕺🏼 

Yes Gate B/C to Oxlyers will be a schlep and a half! I’ve done Gate B to Hitchin Hill, not recommended. 

So, I’m in Andover (not a million miles from you). In the early years it was easy to park in West as they let you drive through Pilton on A361. But that’s stopped now. To park in West car parks, you’ll need to get onto the A361 going East from Glastonbury. You could head west on A303 to Podimore, then pick up A37 north, and detour cross country off towards Glastonbury for the last 10 miles, but do it before the West Pennard junction or you’ll end up in East car parks.

Good luck 🍀 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Yes Gate B/C to Oxlyers will be a schlep and a half! I’ve done Gate B to Hitchin Hill, not recommended. 

So, I’m in Andover (not a million miles from you). In the early years it was easy to park in West as they let you drive through Pilton on A361. But that’s stopped now. To park in West car parks, you’ll need to get onto the A361 going East from Glastonbury. You could head west on A303 to Podimore, then pick up A37 north, and detour cross country off towards Glastonbury for the last 10 miles, but do it before the West Pennard junction or you’ll end up in East car parks.

Good luck 🍀 

Yup I would concur.....leave A303 at Podimore....after about 2km turn left towards Charlton Mackrell....after 3km turn right then immediately left at the junction with B3153. Follow this for 2km and take sharp right to Butleigh. About 2km after Butleigh pass through Butleigh Wootton and take the right turn signposted to Glastonbury just after the derestriction signs. Follow this to Glastonbury and pick up A361 heading east out to Pilton.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Yup I would concur.....leave A303 at Podimore....after about 2km turn left towards Charlton Mackrell....after 3km turn right then immediately left at the junction with B3153. Follow this for 2km and take sharp right to Butleigh. About 2km after Butleigh pass through Butleigh Wootton and take the right turn signposted to Glastonbury just after the derestriction signs. Follow this to Glastonbury and pick up A361 heading east out to Pilton.

Excellent advice 👌

32 minutes ago, CKGlasto said:

Thanks for the advice!! Will follow you're route and head for West. 

No prob....some small roads so be careful with speed.  I drove this route yesterday and it's clear all the way. When you reach Glastonbury you want to turn right at the junction and join the traffic heading east at that point.

• Thanks 1