Can I transfer my ticket on medical grounds?

Johndenis

Hello all, long story but unfortunately I was in hospital shortly after returning home from "primavera sound Barcelona weekend 1" (to give it its full title 😁) .

I have an NHS discharge letter which describes my diagnosis. While it doesn't say "cannot attend Glastonbury Festival", it's pretty clear that doing anything so potentially strenuous in the short term would be reckless. 

My question - can I apply for a refund or otherwise transfer my ticket? I have the physical ticket in my possession. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

My question - can I apply for a refund or otherwise transfer my ticket? I have the physical ticket in my possession. Thanks. 

if you took out the ticket insurance  when you purchased then you might get a refund.

1 hour ago, Johndenis said:

Hello all, long story but unfortunately I was in hospital shortly after returning home from "primavera sound Barcelona weekend 1" (to give it its full title 😁) .

I have an NHS discharge letter which describes my diagnosis. While it doesn't say "cannot attend Glastonbury Festival", it's pretty clear that doing anything so potentially strenuous in the short term would be reckless. 

You can’t transfer the ticket. You can apply for a refund if you took out the insurance. That’s about it (legally). 

Thanks for the feedback folks. I don't think the Mrs would buy into the idea of me going and taking it easy. As we all know glastonbury is a bit of an endurance test so it's not sometimes as simple as just taking it easy. Though I still joke about how one of the best sleeps I had after the birth of my first child in 2015, was the Thursday night at Glastonbury in 2017 😂