Sunday pick up point

Larraht

Hi, 

My 10 year old daughter is being dropped to the festival early Sunday and staying the day with us. 

How can we make this happen? My parents will be dropping her off but I'm guessing they may not be able to get into the carpark without a ticket? Do we need to leave the site to collect her from somewhere? How busy will the roads be Sunday morning and what time do we think is best to do this? 

Thank you! 

They will need to drop her off at Bath and West Showground, you can take a shuttle bus from gate A to collect her. 🙂

"There is a 24-hour drop-off and pick-up zone with a shuttle bus to the festival site (at Gate A) throughout the event. The collection point is located to the east of the site. People should head towards Evercreech on the A371 and follow the signs for Drop and Collect or DC"

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/2592-2/  

Edited by StoneCircle
  • Upvote 1

We've done this a few times, it's pretty easy but always feels very weird going out of the festival!

Keep in mind it'll be at least an hour round trip with the walk out to gate A, waiting for the bus at either end, and the ten minute journey each way. There'll be stewards everywhere along the way to ask for help if you need it 👍

Edited by Junglist1981

11 hours ago, Larraht said:

Thank you! We always camp at Darble so really close to gate A anyway but my thoughts are taking a 7am trip out to get her and then back in by 8.30am to have some breakfast before setting off with her for the day! 

Sounds like a good plan, get it done out of the way! One thing to be wary of is that the shuttle buses always seem to be a bit irregular, particularly when there's low demand, so you could end up waiting a little while for the bus out. When you get to Bath & West grab your kid quick, high five your parents, and jump back on the same bus before it leaves again! 

Depending where your parents live the shuttle bus stop at Glastonbury might be worth looking at too, as its a bit easier to access from the West. Bath and Wells Showground is easier for access from the East. First Glastonbury Shuttle leaves the site at 7.30am and would return from Glastonbury town at 8am so would also get you back onsite for 8.30 too.

Just one other thing to be aware of is that Sunday is also the day that the local "day tickets" come onto the festival site, and specific buses are laid on for them, so make sure you don't get mixed up with those. 

Also the ticket entrances will be quite busy with these visitors coming in. When you leave the site you need your ticket and wristband, and you get a re-entry token that is scanned to match it. You will then be able to use this token at the return gate to avoid the wait to get in with the day visitors. But I'm not quite sure on the process for bringing a child in with you who is accessing the site for the first time