Off site free/cheap parking

The soap bar

I may end up having to come down separately from our group and not until the Friday. 
With a plan to leave on the Sunday, that’s some very expensive parking! 
So, I’m thinking, is there anywhere near by (ish) where I could park for a couple of days and not get towed or piss anyone off! 

I can give my gear to someone else to take down so a decent walk from a gate wouldn’t be too much of an issue. No more than an hours walk though. 

Thanks in advance and sorry if something like this has been asked already before. 

The quick answer: No. unless you know someone who lives locally and can park on their driveway! The roads are predominantly thin country lanes with no space for parking, and besides that there's stewards and police for a good few miles around who would move/clamp/crush your car if you're in the wrong place without a permit. Its one of those where you're gonna have to public transport it, or stump up the parking fee. . . 

Though you could park in Shepton mallet on the street somewhere and come in on the glasto bus? that might be manageable