bath and west showground

LaurenSyd

Another question!

has anybody stayed in bath and west showground, that’s the only place we could get tickets for the camper.

What’s the atmosphere like over there?

how long is the bus to the festival?/does the bus come often?

Will there be any food trucks over there? 

Lastly I assume Wednesday will be the better day to arrive but has anybody arrived on Thursday?

Stayed there in 2019.

Obviously my memory is hazy at best, but will try to answer.

Atmosphere - everyone was nice and friendly, not much else to say really. Didn't spend any time there. Pretty much woke up, sorted myself out, packed a bag, then got on the bus. Stayed at the festival until I was ready to drop, so when I came back I was pretty much straight to bed. Didn't spend time sat around my camp (why on earth would you, even if you were campaign inside the fest?).

Bus - around 15 mins journey time and buses came very 10-20 mins.

Food trucks - There was at least one, selling the standard burgers and bacon baps. I don't think there was much else.

Arrival time - goes without saying, the early you get to Glasto the better. Why would you want to wait until Thursday? We went on Tuesday night and got a nice spot not too far away form the bus stop. Although arrival time is not a guarantee of being closest. However, if you can get there Tues/Wed, why on earth wouldn't you?

One friendly bit of advice, when you leave in the morning, take all you might need for the day. If you can't carry it with you all day, use the lock ups. Anything will be better than getting to gate A (which is generally a mission) then jumping on the bus back and forth again.

One plus point about B&W is porcelain toilets (as well as portaloos) and decent showers. Had my first ever shower (after 8 festivals) as the queue was pretty short.

Any more questions, let me know. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, RyanForThewin said:

Stayed there in 2019.

Obviously my memory is hazy at best, but will try to answer.

Atmosphere - everyone was nice and friendly, not much else to say really. Didn't spend any time there. Pretty much woke up, sorted myself out, packed a bag, then got on the bus. Stayed at the festival until I was ready to drop, so when I came back I was pretty much straight to bed. Didn't spend time sat around my camp (why on earth would you, even if you were campaign inside the fest?).

Bus - around 15 mins journey time and buses came very 10-20 mins.

Food trucks - There was at least one, selling the standard burgers and bacon baps. I don't think there was much else.

Arrival time - goes without saying, the early you get to Glasto the better. Why would you want to wait until Thursday? We went on Tuesday night and got a nice spot not too far away form the bus stop. Although arrival time is not a guarantee of being closest. However, if you can get there Tues/Wed, why on earth wouldn't you?

One friendly bit of advice, when you leave in the morning, take all you might need for the day. If you can't carry it with you all day, use the lock ups. Anything will be better than getting to gate A (which is generally a mission) then jumping on the bus back and forth again.

One plus point about B&W is porcelain toilets (as well as portaloos) and decent showers. Had my first ever shower (after 8 festivals) as the queue was pretty short.

Any more questions, let me know. Enjoy!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!  
I didn’t realise you could get there on the Tuesday, taking that in mind and will look into that. We was going to come early Wednesday but Tuesday sounds just as good. 

was planning on spending all day in the festival anyways so lock ups seem the way to go.

You’ve put my mind at ease on the bus shuttle, was slightly nervous about that but they run often so not too bad. Any idea how long it take from drop off in the festival to say pyramid stage for example? (Don’t worry if you can’t remember) 

thank you again, I get anxious about things and you’ve put my mind at ease! Really appreciate all the help

20 minutes ago, LaurenSyd said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!  
I didn’t realise you could get there on the Tuesday, taking that in mind and will look into that. We was going to come early Wednesday but Tuesday sounds just as good. 

was planning on spending all day in the festival anyways so lock ups seem the way to go.

You’ve put my mind at ease on the bus shuttle, was slightly nervous about that but they run often so not too bad. Any idea how long it take from drop off in the festival to say pyramid stage for example? (Don’t worry if you can’t remember) 

thank you again, I get anxious about things and you’ve put my mind at ease! Really appreciate all the help

No problem!

It's Gate A, so maybe 10-15 mins when it is clear. Maybe someone else can be more accurate.